It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your thoughts about God, in relation to the question to the existance of Extra terrestrial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Ok, so I've read a great deal of things about the whole UFO conspiracy in America. . .now I've also studied the Christian Bible to the point of actually being able to tell some Priests what's up with thier own bible. Concentrating on the prophetic so called "End" I find myself actually thinking that should even some of the things that were stated in the bible actually be true then, the question comes to mind. "Could the greys (the supposedley be one of the worst enemies), pose as God and his angels, when Armageddon comes? I read somewhere that the "Reptilians" are at war with the Greys. . .could it be a coincedence that the evil is at first depicted as a snake in the Christian Bible? And then a Dragon?

What are your thoughts, and theories about the possible relations between the extra terrestrials, and the religious figure heads.

Also, please feel free to elaborate on possible explanations, of events taken place in the Bible/Quran.

And lastly if anyone has seen Erik Van Daniken's (I know it was spelled wrong) little trip around the world, recording different things that suggest, or ask the thought provoking questions of "How they were built", please let me know what your take on that was. Especially on the Native Tribesmen and thier new religion after WWII, and how that may show the behavior of humans meeting a vastly superior group of other beings, and how they may be seen as Gods. . . . . .

Let me know, and take care.
-Super J

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well i cant say myself that im a christian scholar but i did go to a catholic primary and high school. So i couldnt throw bible quotes at you they are refering to any alien.

But I do know abit about the religion your talking about from native people in south east asia starting what they are called "cargo cults".
They believed that the "gods" would bring them manufactured goods. They would build primitive airstirps to try to attract planes to land on their islands. Some where even based on certain generals. They would make staues of the people with stick and straw. Worshipping it in hope they would bring manufactured goods.

It is a amazing thing. It does show how simply man would of received and interpreted advance technology to their own.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I think we could have mistook aliens as god in the past, and will again in the future

could it be a coincedence that the evil is at first depicted as a snake in the Christian Bible? And then a Dragon?

interesting, i have never heard that before, but im not too into religion, and definatly won't be if the bible says Dragons are evil.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Get with the program, go atheist, or atleast.. *sigh* ..agnostic.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
You know, there's a lot to say about potential (if not obvious) biblical references to aliens. There are even more references to this into more ancient religions from the Middle-East, especially in the sumerian, egyptian and hindu religions.

I don't think, first of all, that God, such as some believe, was an alien being. No alien being, no matter where he comes from, can be the creator of all things (matter, in a scientific jargon), living or not, in this universe, and have supremacy above all these things. But there is refence in the Genesis and the Book of Enoch to a race of superior beings that came from the skies. In the Genesis they are being refered to as the Elohims, or later in the Bible the angels, put simply. In both books there is also a reference to a race of flesh and blood beings called the Nephilims, which were a race of cross-breed beings that were appearantly the result of the fallen angels reproducing with human females. THe Nephilims, just as their celestial fathers, were giants (even if nothing is known as to what extent they were taller than humans) and had appearantly a deep knowledge of the secrets of this universe, as they are said to have taught withcraft, alchemy, astrology, and cosmology to humans (especially the females).

My theory is that the supreme, absolute being that we know within ourselves and that we name God truly exists, but there were beings, spiritually and mentally superior to us that had at some point, the responsibility to support the creation of the universe and perhaps even creating humans (at their image). These beings had a better understanding of the mystery of God and probably had a special connection with him, making them able to receive commands from Him and having a stronger, clearer faith and devotion to Him than all of us "faithless" humans. It is said that even a Fallen Angel such as Satan is still submitted to the orders of God even if he initially led some kind of revolt against his Father. These beings, differently than us, are bound to God for eternity and will never take the liberty of disobeing to His rule.

We, as humans, have been "freed", morally and spiritually, by being excluded from a realm where everything was perfect and we were living in harmony with everything around us, but this freedom is in reality an imprisonment in a world dominated by lies, fear and hatred. There is a way to free ourselves... being the liberation from our fears of losing (life, property, loved ones, etc) and following what truly inspires us within ourselves, towards making this world as it should be, or as it would if we would be jsut as God. It's very hard to stop a war that's being fought overseas, but it's very easy to create peace around you. The Lord has said that the Kingdom of God is here... which means that we are the ones who possess the power to open its gates, each and everyday of our lives.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon
Get with the program, go atheist, or atleast.. *sigh* ..agnostic.

My sentiments exactly. Anyways.. there is a current thread here on the subject: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Just because we might believe in aliens ..doesnt mean we think they created the entire universe..personally i believe almost 100% that every refrence to "god" written in the bible or quran..was descriing alien lifeforms..there are alot of things that were written ,that make you think..were the clouds god appeared in,really ancient descriptions of ufo's..were the giants,the titans/annunaki?..there is alot we dont know..but if we are just going to settle on whats written in the bible..and never think past that..we wil never know the truth.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   

What are your thoughts about God, in relation to the question to the existance of Extra terrestrial

There is not room for God in many peoples lives.

There is not room for Aliens in many peoples existances.

We are assuming that Aliens will not believe in our GOD. This is an assumption based upon an assumption that man created GOD.

Personally, the existance of aliens just reinforces my beilief in some concept of a universal consciousness.

In my mind, aliens will not negate my belief in a True ultimate observer. I can accept the prospect of celestrial neighbors without losing my belief system. For all we know the "messengers of old, aka angels" were the first missionaries of truth. It seems plausible if they introduced the concept of God to us, that they would also believe in a higher power as well.

So, my opinion is this:

There is enough room throughout my existance for the presence of both GOD and aliens, and us.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Well, I dont know what the overall conclusion was on this story but if it is true ecspecially the part about the Hieroglyphs then there maybe a huge reality check about god in our culture.

Scroll down about half way to read what im talking about.

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

There is not room for God in many peoples lives.

There is not room for Aliens in many peoples existances.

We are assuming that Aliens will not believe in our GOD. This is an assumption based upon an assumption that man created GOD.

Personally, the existance of aliens just reinforces my beilief in some concept of a universal consciousness.

In my mind, aliens will not negate my belief in a True ultimate observer. I can accept the prospect of celestrial neighbors without losing my belief system. For all we know the "messengers of old, aka angels" were the first missionaries of truth. It seems plausible if they introduced the concept of God to us, that they would also believe in a higher power as well.

So, my opinion is this:

There is enough room throughout my existance for the presence of both GOD and aliens, and us.

You made a great point.and i think the same way you do...us and aliens all come from the same source(the creator of EVERYTHING) which includes SOULS..aliens never said they were the true creators of everything...and just because they have the powers to create life(ADAM & EVE)..doesnt mean they know how to make EveryTHING...its very possible they know just as much as we do about "god"

i would just like to say one more thing....gods and goddesses were aliens!

so if we want to label the true creator of the universe..lets just call IT the universe mind...i think the term "god" is what divides the believers of aliens with the religous groups

they dont fully understand what god(s) is!

[edit on 8-1-2006 by MagicPriest420]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Esoteric Teacher and MagicPriest420 ". . ..Personally. . ." "reinforces my beilief " "In my mind," "True ultimate observer" - All of this is purely opinion that is not based on any fact. There are no examples at all what so ever. It's ok to have your own opinions about this matter, but when you do, because no matter how much faith you have, you can't prove anything, and thus to not sound like an ignoramous, it's best to sound humble. Stating an opinion without any kind of facts is not good discussion behavior, because any intellectuals either for religion or science, would honestly look at you as if you were a child. Good try though.

"first missionaries of truth" -

This however is quite impossible. The Angels/Elohim/??? can not be missionaries of truth, because Adam and Eve, where it all started, was here on Earth. That is why God apparently created this planet to begin with. So that Mankind could fill it. You can't send a missionary to the Middle East speaking about God (leaving Denomination alone on this point), because alot of these things happened in the Middle East.

"This is an assumption based upon an assumption that man created GOD. "
"It seems plausible if they introduced the concept of God to us, that they would also believe in a higher power as well."- OK . . . Assumptions can't be made and especially from other assumptions without using the word "IF" in the beginning of the sentence, because again you sound uneducated. Noone Made any assumptions here, just asking what your thoughts were. . . . thoughts mean you have to think. . . . believing is more of a feeling, because it's not always logical . . . although you're more than welcome to say how you feel, just be prepared to be chewed out when you do should you sound in the slightest of self righteous. Humbility and opinions are brothers but rarely see eachother.

Also IF they introduced the Concept of God to us . . . then the Bible/Quran is literally a lie. Because it tells us that these events happened here on earth, no that it was introduced to us by Angel/Elohim/Beings from other planets.

"So, my opinion is " There is plenty of room your existance for the "IDEA" not presence of God, Aliens, and us. . . . on to MagicPriest420

MagicPriest420 - If the Aliens had the power, and they created Adam and Eve, then that makes the Bible/Quran, and atually every other religion except Buddism, False. And if it's false then does that make them good?

"gods and goddesses were aliens!" Yeah you kinda go against your buddy here on that note.

"i think the term "god" is what divides the believers of aliens with the religous groups" "they dont fully understand what god(s) is!" - The term God, god, gods, and variation means a powerful being. Bruce Lee could be considered a god, even Lance Armstrong, not because he's ALL POWERFUL, but because he's just better at something, or stronger, or faster at something. . .. That is what the term God is. I don't think you understand what god(s) is"

Drexon . . . yeah- no opinion, fact or even a brief summary of what your thoughts were . . .which actually was the reason for this thread . . . . telling me or anyone to do something . . . forces me to look down upon you .. .try again with something intelligent to say, and add to the intelectual content of this thread.

On to the people who actually have brains, or aren't just as dumb as these guys.

Riot Coming. . .and to all who think there is another thread about this. I've read that thread, and this thread is to NOT to see WHICH you believe in, but rather WHAT kind of theories you have to accomodate the 2 together. Using the ENTIRE BIBLE as a religious point, AND using everything that is available on the net, or via other sources about this phenomenon. Can't use just the parts you want. Have to use them all. Don't know them all, it's ok, just don't speak as if you konw them all. That's called Humbility. Granted some could be hoaxes, yet at the same time, some could be lies on the religous side. Off theories not factless beliefs, because noone cares about your beliefs or why you believe in them, WHAT THEORIES(USING FACTS) CAN YOU BRING TO THE TABLE USING THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE.

There are some people that do have an open mind, and for those people I encourage you to share more, as for those who I just put in their place . . . yeah kindly stay quiet for the next couple decades thanks. I want this thread to evolve and make it grow to the point of people learning from it.

Let the weak retaliatory actions begin.

SuperJ

Thanks Smoot, Echtelion 56

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
God creates souls..evoultion creates life forms.

top topics

join