It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantasy Island

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Anyone have a line on this place?

It's in the middle of the Pacific (and I do mean MIDDLE; it's like exactly between Australia and South America) at:

17'18'00'S, 145'39'54'W

It's about 10 miles long and one wide.

I haven't found it on a map yet; unfortunately (I suppose) I don't do Windows, so I can't get to the newest mapping stuff.

TIA

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Cant be sure what its name may be.
But I swear I see a boat on the beach . With gilligan the skipper two
a millionair and you know the rest. lol

ps couldent resist.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
OMG LOL IT'S THE ISLAND FROM LOST!!!!!!!

That's a nice find, chances are it's already some tourist place though.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Beat me to it Nventual. Should post this on a lost forum haha

But no never have heard of it, looks like a old picture you sure its not on google earth? I have it on my other comp but its screwed.
If someone has goodle earth please posts pics of the island.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I'm looking at that area in Google Earth, there's nothing there?

It sure does look like the island from Lost though, and the plane did take off from Australia, so..

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
This will drive the losties crazy if it turns to be true haha

Rand, can you give the source of where you got the photo, and how you know its at those co-ordinates aswell?

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Actually, the Lost island is filmed in Oahu, so, uh, yeah.
www.crewpix.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">I see Hurley in the backround!

I love Lost, lol sorry for going off-topic.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   
There's gotta still be unmapped islands out there. Too many small pieces of land exist in the oceans. However, I would be interested to know what it is exactly now that I saw it.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Google Earth doesn't help much.

I left the gridline on for the pic to show it's probably the same one.

According to Google, the yellow bit up at the top is a road so someone must be there, but it won't say a name!

[edit on 1-8-2006 by Djarums]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Hmmm...

Here's the deal: this little fly-speck has been the subject of at least 41 images on 20-some Corona missions over at least 2 decades. I really don't think the CIA needed maps that were THAT good. The spooks were looking for something.

This is from a stero pair at slightly higher seolution.

There is something on the beach, something that doesn't show on other frames. It the size of a huntchback whale -- maybe it is a beached whale, but there's no rotting carcase on later images That's a pretty substantial coral reef out there, so I don't think it would be a ship, unless it were thrown there by a typhoon.

Now the question is, "Is it worth 113 USD to get a better look?", because that's what it would cost to order the set in 1-meter resolution.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
If it has been the target of so many Corona missions, and that it is in the Pacific, may I suggest that it is the site of nuclear testing?

From these images, I can't see any blast marks, but the US, France & the UK all did testing in the Pacific.

Just a guess

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Hi,

Is is not just one of the North Mariana Islands? They are a chain of islands under the protection of the U.S. Guam (probrably one of America's most important bases is just south of here, so it makes sense that the CIA keep an eye or two on neighbouring islands?

Cheers

Robbie

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Its called Anaa.

It is in the Tuamotu Islands of French Polynesia. It has an Airport( Anaa -size unknown)

Small in size with no reef pass, this atoll was the birthplace of the royal Pomare family and was also renowned in days gone by for its fierce conquering warriors.

Since those times the island has become more friendly and now lives at the slow pace of the traditional activities of fishing and coprah making around the village of Tukuhora.

[edit on 9-1-2006 by ajsr71]

[edit on 9-1-2006 by ajsr71]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Link to ANAA

ANAA

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
What's amazing is how remote it is... When I need a break from the world, I'm going there!!

It must be an interesting experience to literally be in the middle of no where.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajsr71
Its called Anaa.
It is in the Tuamotu Islands of French Polynesia. It has an Airport (Anaa -size unknown)

Thanks! With that I was able to locate some decent maps of the island. It seems the object was sitting on or hovering over the airstrip. I'll let you know if I come up with anything else.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Anyone heard anything to verify this?

Overheard Conversation at Bullfeathers two years ago

Two men in black suits sharing a bottle talking about a small group of U.S. territorial islands. Summary of the conversation.

Plan to utilize the northern most islands of the Marianas islands

- The islands of Uracas or Farallon de Pajaros, Maug and Asuncion meet all the requirements to continue with the project. They are remote, uninhabited, and uniquely, owned by us.
- Location is within the earth’s magnetic flux zone, similar in nature to the requirements of the 1940 geographical location.
- The islands are seldom called on, even by fishermen.

To secure the islands for our operational needs we intend to acquire them under the guise of a Pew Charitable Trusts and designate of the area as the “Mariana Trench Marine National Monument”

We are prepared to fund a lobby group, solicit tree hugger volunteers to join the group, promoting the environmental benefits of setting this area aside from visitations from the rest of world.

To be sure there is no army stronger and more prolific than those that carry the save the whale flag. We shall utilize this force to our benefit; convince any local indigenous group of the wise decision to simply just give us the area. There is no need for glass beads or smallpox laden blankets anymore as long as we have the Greenies on our side.

Suggest we advise the President, make the necessary resource allocations and send this to planning for implementation.

I can tell you that this is happing today. Saipan island is awash with political activist types bent on support to remove a huge part of the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana islands and make it disappear from the map. All for what real purpose?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
there's a ton of little island chains and islets all over the pacific. especially around fiji. 300+.

a lot of them are privately owned. sure would be a great way of life.
good call on anaa.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by rand

the islands name is Anna

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I still say its the real life island from lost

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join