It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Earth's Transmissions Enter A Wormhole & Be Recieved Eons Ago?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'm in the habit of evaluating actions and behaviors and measuring cause and effect.

It seems to me the concepts in physics and spacial anomilies that potentially support and promote the idea of space/time distortions and traversing backwards in time are well supported by humanities best minds since the early 1900s, and possibly prior.

So, given that our transmissions are merely an encoded form of light, and not what we consider to be matter, if alien intelligence exists, it stand to reason it existed prior as well, possibly eons ago. Maybe you do not buy into the dino living here millions of years ago, nor evolution, but if permitted to evolve from then, then they would certainly have passed us up on the evolutionary intelligence graphs by now, had they been permitted.

So, I pose this question for you to ponder and speculate, and offer your opinion on:

Is it a formidable hypothesis and/or theory that transmissions we are sending into space today could have been recieved millions, if not billions of years ago by highly intelligent lifeforms elsewhere?

Personally I see no guarentee (sp?) that this is an absolute improbability, nor do I see it is not probable, however your input could very well be more informed than mine.

I know this may be speculative, but was wondering what you may think of this?

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Earths transmissions, I think that this is how they found us. It makes sense. And I think that this same thing can lead malicious aliens to us too. I hope that that day never comes.

[edit on 7-1-2006 by Cabanman]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabanman
Earths transmissions, I think that this is how they found us. It makes sense. And I think that this same thing can lead malicious aliens to us too. I hope that that day never comes.

I thank you for your contribution. I understand your fear of malicious aliens, and from humanities point of view it is justified. However, I hold more optimistic views. I don't think it is probable that the majority of extraterrestrial life that does explore space made it far enough to explore space without the pre-requisites of tolerance and understanding among their own race. And since the only comparison we can truly make when comparing our experiences is what we accept as true about what we individually know about ourselves, it may be a folly for humanity to simply assume they are anything resembling how hostile we are.

I say we are hostile because we have accumilated nearly 8,000 years of documented and recorded history. And, during this time we have yet to go 7 consecutive days without war, killing, and destruction among our own race.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Until we can lob an atomic device into space (Our best defence against advanced, malicous beings at this point.. Feal the power of the Atom those who would try and invade us) I propose that earth just shut up and turtle. Its a toss up between good and bad, and the benifits of a good race may not outweigh our entire species being enslaved or exterminated. Its a gamble, and a big one at that..

Do you want to cure AIDS, or not have anyone left to have it?

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
If anyone has ever seen the comedy movie "Galaxy Quest" you'll remember that the alien race in that movie intercepted transmissions of a science fiction television program from Earth, which they interpreted to be our historical records, which they then based all their technology from. They also interpreted "Gilligan's Island" as historic record.

Is it then possible Esoteric Teacher that maybe broadcasts of "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine"(for example) might have entered a wormhole/space time distortion/other spacial anomaly and reached an alien race hundreds, or thousands, or hundreds of thousands of years ago? Or maybe even millions of years ago? What if they viewed this and thought us to be a race that had mastered space travel and spent the next few hundred thousand years searching the galaxy for us, eager to make first contact.

This is doubtful and speculative, but what if just like in "Galaxy Quest", the aliens viewed "Star Trek", or any other of a number of sci-fi programs or movies, researched the science the shows were based around, and actually came up with some viable technology based on these shows. If they somehow recieved the transmissions millions(?) of years ago, then their technology now would likely have evolved beyond even the wildest dreams of some of our best science fiction writers.

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

I say we are hostile because we have accumilated nearly 8,000 years of documented and recorded history. And, during this time we have yet to go 7 consecutive days without war, killing, and destruction among our own race.

This is true, upon initial observation of our planet an alien race might consider us to be a race of warriors like the Klingons or Jem Hadar, for all the Star Trek fans out there. Seeing how we behave on our planet to our own kind would undoubtedly make them want to proceed with caution. After all if some of our race can't even treat people of different skin colors and beliefs with respect, how receptive could we be to a completely new race?

I'll say this Esoteric Teacher, you certainly make some thought-provoking threads.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Well that seems reasonable. After all when i was 6/7 years old i watched Star Trek when it first came out. I beleived it was real !!! I quickly learnt it was not, but perhaps an ailen race with no knowledge of us might think it was. God knows what they will make of Hitler at the Olympic Games back in 1933

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I not sure my opinion is more informed than yours ET - however

You would have to consider that any intelligent species would have to go through an evolution process of sorts that somewhere along the line they too lived through attrocities and or did things they may not be pround of. However learned from their mistakes and continued evolving into a benevolent ETI species...

I hope our transmissons find 'friendly' ears, but we are dealing with an infinite medium so anything is possible.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRCMontana

This is true, upon initial observation of our planet an alien race might consider us to be a race of warriors like the Klingons or Jem Hadar, for all the Star Trek fans out there. Seeing how we behave on our planet to our own kind would undoubtedly make them want to proceed with caution. After all if some of our race can't even treat people of different skin colors and beliefs with respect, how receptive could we be to a completely new race?

I'll say this Esoteric Teacher, you certainly make some thought-provoking threads.

I thank you for the compliment. But you introduce an interesting perspective yourself. And, having spent 6 tours of duty in warzones where to me it is not as bad as presented on the news, this makes me wonder if some wars are just being played out, in other words we may be pretending to be this hostile, or the very least exagerating details to act as a deterant in order to keep them away. interesting analysis concerning their (aliens) interpretations of our programming and sci-fi shows. I wonder what they think of our religions, proposed immortality, and also superman. Good contribution
, and thanks for the thoughts.

One Small Step, you make an interesting point as well. Anyone listening will most certainly only understand the transmissions, and aspects of them, by how they veiw their reality. They can only compare the transmissions to what they know about their environment, and what they know about themselves. Odds are that our means of communication may be very different. Good observations.

edit to add:
One important thing to add, if they received our transmissions prior to our evolving into whatever it may have been that sent them originally, then they knew of us before we were us, and could have had a major say in our evolution. Point is, they could have known we were, prior to us being. Dangerous combination, but we are still here, aren't we?

[edit on 8-1-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I see where you are going with this one Esoteric Teacher....

Although, if you send some sort of signal, and it goes into a black hole and out a white hole ( that is if the signal even goes through, and I doubt it would ) it will only end up on the outer side of the white hole instantly.

There will be no difference in time between when we send the signal and they get it.

Although we are still an incredible distance between any black hole. I don't even think we know of any white holes...

The signal would still need to travel to the recipient, and that alone could still take ages.

I do not believe there would be any time issue, while it is a cool concept and would make a great movie.

If anything, our signals could be sucked into a black hole and never get to the intended recipient.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
I see where you are going with this one Esoteric Teacher....

Although, if you send some sort of signal, and it goes into a black hole and out a white hole ( that is if the signal even goes through, and I doubt it would ) it will only end up on the outer side of the white hole instantly.

There will be no difference in time between when we send the signal and they get it.

Although we are still an incredible distance between any black hole. I don't even think we know of any white holes...

The signal would still need to travel to the recipient, and that alone could still take ages.

I do not believe there would be any time issue, while it is a cool concept and would make a great movie.

You may very well be correct in your assumptions. We simply do not know. But, all things being equal, we can observe what it means to be moving forwared in time, and Einstein himself did not introduce anything that prevented a means to at least send a signal into the past. Personally i believe this may have been what the Ark of the Covenant may have been, a simple means of delivering a message into the past. But this is just speculation on my part. My point is: There are opposites present for every cause and effect in nature. All things are equal. So, if we can witness ourselvesw traversing forward in time, consciously, then there might very well be a way to traverse backwards in time, if not in the physical plain, perhaps with just message form, encoded light. And we still have a lot to learn about the event horizon at the center of the black hole, and we still have a lot to learn about the mechanisms of space, considering we have so much to learn about the physics of what exactly is going on at the largest scales, and the quantum small stuff as well.

However Dulcimer, your contribution is logical, and your ideas plausible. I thank you for your contribution, as always, you put forthought into them, which is why I like the majority of your posts, no matter what subject matter you are talking about.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
One of the reasons for introducing this topic from my point of view was merely to consider the possibility that it may be possible that a response from the heavens could have been provided, long before we were around to ask the question. What if we recieved a reply, before we had extended the invitation? And, given they answered us, does this present a paradox like: Would we have extended any invitation without their reply in the first place?

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I'm back from my our of duty in Iraq. I've been away for awhile and thought i'd revive this one......

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I'm in the habit of evaluating actions and behaviors and measuring cause and effect.

It seems to me the concepts in physics and spacial anomilies that potentially support and promote the idea of space/time distortions and traversing backwards in time are well supported by humanities best minds since the early 1900s, and possibly prior.

So, given that our transmissions are merely an encoded form of light, and not what we consider to be matter, if alien intelligence exists, it stand to reason it existed prior as well, possibly eons ago. Maybe you do not buy into the dino living here millions of years ago, nor evolution, but if permitted to evolve from then, then they would certainly have passed us up on the evolutionary intelligence graphs by now, had they been permitted.

So, I pose this question for you to ponder and speculate, and offer your opinion on:

Is it a formidable hypothesis and/or theory that transmissions we are sending into space today could have been recieved millions, if not billions of years ago by highly intelligent lifeforms elsewhere?

Personally I see no guarentee (sp?) that this is an absolute improbability, nor do I see it is not probable, however your input could very well be more informed than mine.

I know this may be speculative, but was wondering what you may think of this?

While I accept the possiblity there really is no way of testing this theory. But think about these light waves entering such a phenomena like a black hole, they would be so highly distored through gravitational shifts that nothing would remain of the information. I guess it could be possible however if there is some other phenomena we dont know about yet. Thats just my 2cents.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   
There is much debate in the physics community.

But a recent consensus seems to be that such a loop of causality could exist, if it already exists. Otherwise it wouldn't exist.

In other words, temporal loops that are self-consistent might exist, in that all causes and effects result in a fixed closure of outcome. In short "the effect predicates the cause which predicates the effect."

However, this doesn't jive with some quantum mechanics interpretations in which a future is not decided until then.

Debate continues about what you could push through a temporal wormhole in a stable manner.

One potential outcomre of a wormhole is that it would only be stable long eonugh to match the quantum unpredictability of the local univers's future. (In other words, you could only push back in time an amount of information that would be drowned out by the quantum 'noise' of the present.

Etc.etc.

No easy answers at this time...

[edit on 20-5-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   

I'm back from my our of duty in Iraq. I've been away for awhile and thought i'd revive this one......

Happy to see you are back in one piece... Some good news finally.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   
If space is indeed curved, as some have speculated - I don't see why your theory couldn't hold water. I think there is definitely some merit to your idea.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I say yes, considering that wormholes A.K.A. Black Holes can trap even light in it's intense gravitational pull, meaning no problemo capturing radio waves. But, please ponder the fact that, if such an act is possible, why have we not yet received transmissions from future civilizations? Or, from alien races currently in existece elsewhere, because, after all, Black Holes, can transfer objects through space as well as time. I'm not saying it's not possible, I'm just wondering if something happens in the future that prevents us from receiving their transmissions. I'm not saying that anything bad happens. It could just be that, in the very near future, mankind discovers a new method of transmitting messages in such a fashion that our inferior technology cannot receive them. And, back to why we haven't received transmissions from alien races currently in existence. It is either that, like the future i have just explained, there technology is so advanced that we can't possibly receive them. Or, it could be that there ARE no other civilizations out there, at least not advanced enough to send transmissions into Outer Space. MAybe, though, just maybe, it could be that wormholes can't redirect transmissions through time or space, though I'd seriously doubt that...

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I donno. I don't think black holes are theorized to transmit anything via a 'hole' anymore. They just collect stuff and radiate entropicly enhacned energy. They may not be transporters after all, just giant heat engines.

For a long time physisicts hypothesized that black holes sent information elsewhere because it seemed that once stuff entered them, it could never escape, and that violates icertain assumed constants.

But now Hawkings has changed his mind, and believes that black holes actually lose energymass through their rotation and resulting radiation, and finally peter out having re-emitted what they have captured, with the net effect being accelerated heat death. Or something like that.

blurb

[edit on 21-5-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well, Hawkings is right in that Black Holes do eventually die out, but they do, as far as my knowledge of science serves, move matter and energy through time and space. When something enters a black hole, it could come out 2 inches or 2 A.U.'s away, because when a star dies, it basically creates a tear in time or space or both. That's also why, if you have a strong enough ship, a large enough planet, and the locations of both ends of one black hole, you can create, more or less, a time machine.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well, Hawkings is right in that Black Holes do eventually die out, but they do, as far as my knowledge of science serves, move matter and energy through time and space. When something enters a black hole, it could come out 2 inches or 2 A.U.'s away, because when a star dies, it basically creates a tear in time or space or both. That's also why, if you have a strong enough ship, a large enough planet, and the locations of both ends of one black hole, you can create, more or less, a time machine.

new topics

top topics

join