It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
The 6th of January, 2006.
While this has nothing to do with the guild [Lurid Sojourn], I thought it would be fun for me to share my religious beliefs. Dissatisfied with the religions of the world today I have decided to make my own way of life. The reason why I'm more comfortable with following a way of life instead of a religion is because our world is so removed from the events described in the bible that it is almost impossible neither to prove nor disprove some of the stories. Then, you have to deal with the argument of whether or not some stories are symbolic or literal. As an alternative, I have given my own interpretation. It's called the Book of Rickey.
The way of life that I prescribe to is called Lurid Sojournity. This is not a cult, but a way of life. The term Lurid Sojournity is meant to mean that life is a tough journey. The way of life is in no way defined as lurid is in dictionaries.
There are four major concepts in Lurid Sojournity.
1. We believe that there is one all powerful God, in his or her infinite wisdom, that gives us freedom of choice.
2. We believe that there is an afterlife, or a continuance of life somewhere else after our physical bodies cease to operate.
3. We believe that life is a struggle, and that the ultimate fight is to survive and live in peace.
4. We believe that love and knowledge are the two most powerful allies of survival.
Lurid Sojournity holds Jesus in high regard, but acknowledge thousands of other heroes who best represent our life style.
To honor the life of Jesus, Lurid Sojournians gather and eat dinner together. We do not believe that the food and wine we drink are the blood and body of Jesus. Instead, we use the ritual as a dedication to the life of Jesus.
In Lurid Sojournity war is only sanctified if a nation of people is under serious attack. A good example of this is the nation of Israel. Though I do not support the strategy of Israel in defending it's nation, I believe that Israel does have the right to defend itself from total destruction, which is the agenda of many people on earth today.
Genocide against any race of people is rediculous and outright evil. A Defensive war should never result in a genocide after major combat operations have ceased.
Most, if not all of Lurid Sojournity's laws are man made, which means that Lurid Sojournity leans more towards a way of life than a religion. Someone may be Christian and Lurid Sojournian at the same time, or only Lurid Sojournian.
Here are the following codes to be followed:
1. There is only one God.
2. For the survival of the human race, marriage and conception is suggested.
3. It is prefered that monogomous relationships and lifelong commitments are fulfilled to increase the happiness and health of couples.
4. Jesus' life is to be remembered through a dinner and wine after sundown on fridays.
5. Anyone may lead the ceremonies in remembering Jesus. Since marriage is suggested, lay people are not required to be celibate.
6. A nation state for Lurid Sojournity is invisible and has no borders. This way of life is open to anyone and everyone on Earth and wherever mankind may travel to in the universe many years from now. The invisible nation state belongs to God and is God's alone. If there becomes a nation state with a border it should be called Lurid Sojournia. That nation state belongs to man, but is under the domain of God and is allied with the Kingdom of Heaven.
7. The house of worship for Lurid Sojournians is multi-religional. Anyone may pray within a Lurid Sojournian temple as long as they believe in the one benevolent God and pray silently. Within the temple are tables and seats for dinning. There is an empty room that the tables face. The room is empty and holds no symbols. It is a tribute to God, who dwells in every single space that exists.
8. Lurid Sojournians do not believe in original sin.
9. Lurid Sojournians do not believe in hell, nor demons.
10. Lurid Sojournians are tolerant of people of different races, creeds, sex, and gender.
11. Patience is important to clear thinking.
12. Excessive drinking or drug use that causes major harm to a person to the extent in which they no longer are able to be in control of themselves or put other people in danger is prohibited.
13. The official language of Lurid Sojournity is English.
14. Teachings of Lurid Sojournity include viewings of Star Wars: A New Hope, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, and Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith. Star wars: The Phantom Menace and Star Wars: Attack of the Clones are optional. Also included in the teachings are Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, and Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. One child film that is included in the teachings is The Lion King. All of these films display a lurid sojourn, or a perilous journey that a hero must undertake. Students of Lurid Sojournity must be familiar with Joseph Campbell's teachings and book The Hero with A Thousand faces. Students must also read "The Writer's Journey" by Christopher Vogler.
15. Recruitment is prohibited. If a person joins the Lurid Sojournity community they need to do it on their own choosing and exploration. Recruiting people only frustrates other people. Lurid Sojournity will have a website, but spamming about Lurid Sojournity in other forums is prohibited as well.
Originally posted by Rickey Gerard Perez
There is a barren room that the tables face. The room is barren and holds no symbols. It is a tribute to God, who dwells in every single space that exists.
Patience is important to clear thinking.
I will answer any questions that people have.