It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Movies(s) are You Watching Tonight?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I watched The Family Guy movie last night and OMG I was in tears for the entire duration

My favoritest line in it -
Stewie - "Oh for God's sake! At least have the decency to carry me you lazy skank!" when Lois puts him in the baby sling.
lol

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Wrapped up last night with an old favorite-- Caddyshack. Still makes me laugh, after all these years.

Started today with A Boy and His Dog. Science fiction social commentary based on a Harlan Ellison short story.

Then Hitchcock's Marnie. Great cast, decent movie.

Then (apparently in a Hitchcockian sort of a mood) Brian DePalma's Blow Out. Not bad for Travolta, but doesn't compare either to Hitchcock or to Blow Up.

And now, another old favorite - Repo Man. Gets my vote for one of the better American movies of the last couple of decades.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Just watched 'The Passion of the Christ'

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Just picked up a few Im sure to be watching..

Batman Begins
The Skeleton Key
Another one that is driving me nuts that I cant think of the name, i just remember it had 2 thumbs up

And i got Spanglish for my girlfriend!

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Just picked up a few Im sure to be watching..

Batman Begins
The Skeleton Key
Another one that is driving me nuts that I cant think of the name, i just remember it had 2 thumbs up

And i got Spanglish for my girlfriend!

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I watched Closer last night.

When it was over, I thought, what a worthless exercise in infidelity.:bash:

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Watched Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D. last night-- a fairly standard bit of Troma cheese.

Started today with Logan's Run, then Frankenstein Unbound. I just picked up a copy of The Purple Rose of Cairo, but I'm not really in the mood. Passing the time with a couple of episodes of Pee Wee's Playhouse until I decide on something more substantial. Or something at least...

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
About to watch David Cronenbergs 'Dead Ringers' (again)

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Watching Cube right now, but your mention of Cronenberg's Dead Ringers caught my attention. I've got a copy of that that I still haven't watched.

Although, after Cube, I might be in the mood for a comedy instead...

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I need to go watch my second DVD of BAA BAA Black Sheep. It's an old TV show about a Marine Aviation Squadron back during World War II, if I'm correct. It's starred Robert Conrad and (unbelievably) a very fresh-faced John Laroquette. Anyway, the story's based on a real guy: Major "Pappy" Boyington.

Semper Fi!

[edit on 1/14/06 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I'm going to see the movie version tonight. I also just bought Al Gore's book of the same name, which the New York Times recommends.

I saw Anchorman when it was in the theaters. Liked it, actually. Actors claim that comedy is the most difficult genre. Anchorman has a good script.

Regarding movie critics, be careful. You have to know your critic, and whether you share the same taste in movies they do, because opinions on movies are in the end highly subjective. Regarding movie opinions from your friends and here on BTS as well, same problem. Be careful out there!

For instance, I agree more than disagree with Ebert & Roper, so I like to catch their TV show. I also respect the opinions of Kenneth Tynan, chief movie critic for the L.A. Times.

[edit on 8-6-2006 by FutureLibrarian]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I think I am going to watch The Jackass DVD box set. It is hilarious.

If my girlfriend comes then we'll probably watch something not funny that I'll fall asleep through.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join