It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My old Comic Books

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Its with some griff and pain that i remember all my comic books, that i lost when i moved to another house at 15. I had a uge colection. there was no room in the car anymore, and my dad said "we will bbe back later"...off course we didnt ...:shk: and later i found out he had actually allowed all the kids from the neighboorhood to just take over my comicssss

anywa, i had the good old Disnye stuff, and some other stuff.

my favorites were "Lukcy Luke" and "Tin Tin & Captain Hadock"

did anyone else read these ?

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This seems to be what happened to most of the comics from that age. You hear things like my mother threw them out or my mother gave them away.
Then you look back at it all and realize that those comics would have been worth hundreds of thousands of dollars today.

In the second Spiderman movie there is a scene where Aunt May is cleaning out her house to prepare for a move. Peter Parker shows up and asks what happened to his comic books and Aunt May tells him that she got rid of them. The director Sam Raimi probably included this scene because something similar happened to him

I know my dad was a kid buying comics in the 60's when Spiderman and the X-men first came around. I bet he had all the early issues of the Fantastic Four, Hulk and the rest of the books from that time.
His Mother threw them out

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I can only think of one word as my heart bleeds in pain...lol

EBAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!! :bnghd:

what were parents thinking in those 80's times ????

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
All I can do is shed a compassionate and very nostalgic tear for you and your beloved comic books. Alas, I can easily remember my own favorite comic books being "dispatched" into memory by my Mom. I was probably in the third grade and I had brought home a report card that was, I should say, unsatisfactory in my Mom's opinion. Television, radio and the other distractions of a kid in the early sixties included the adventures of Superman, Batman and a myriad of other titles of comics. At that time, I was forbidden these distractions until I had brought my grades up. Believe me, I had never applied myself to my schoolwork as much as I did that semester!

By the time the next semester began, I had saved up three months' worth of allowance and I was able to start my comic book collection anew. Still, whenever I think about the past and my childhood, I always seem to recall that box of treasured comic-books that my mother had discarded.

new topics

top topics

join