It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matrix Bullettime. Is it possible?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I recently heard about some plans of the military in training a select few in something called CODE RED. It apparently allows soldiers (after years of training) to go into a state of mind that allows them to see and experience time slower than others for a short period of time.

I (being lazy or skeptical) would like to find out: Is there is a means of artificially inducing this state? Perhaps by somehow speeding up the neuron signals in our brains, etc we could do it.

Any ideas or thoughts?

[edit on 7-1-2006 by SecretMuffinNinja]

[edit on 7-1-2006 by SecretMuffinNinja]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Time flies when you're having fun, it also slows to a crawl when you are in a life-threatening situation. I have experienced both and if we can find a way to speed up our synapsis, we would be able to achieve a bullet time like effect, though no where near the Matrix(at least for a Human, a cyborg or artificial lifeform may be able to dodge bullets but it's unlikely to say the least)

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It's possible I've experienced it under the influence of something I don't think I'm allowed to mention on these boards and I'm sure i can't be the only one. I can't really go into anymore detail's without breaking the TOS sorry.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
SecretMuffinNinja: I don't know whether this 'code red' you mention has any truth behind it or not, but if it were possible to cause our perception of time to change, that still wouldn't enable someone to dodge bullets, because it wouldn't change the speed someone could move. It would change the speed they could react, so they would, for example, notice the danger of a falling object sooner than we would, and begin moving sooner, but they wouldn't move any faster. (Think of two runners doing a 100m dash. Both are equally fast, but one starts 1 second ahead of the other. He will reach the finish line first by 1 sec.) I don't think you'd get any ability to dodge the bullet from having your time perception altered, but you could probably watch it hit you in slow motion!

Teknikal: I don't know what you experienced and I can't see why it is against the TOS, but that sounds really freaky... I hope you don't take offense (none is meant) but I find it extremely hard to believe that it is possible.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teknikal
It's possible I've experienced it under the influence of something I don't think I'm allowed to mention on these boards and I'm sure i can't be the only one. I can't really go into anymore detail's without breaking the TOS sorry.

Could you possibly U2U me on how you did it?

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I see how your brain can make time slow or speed up for YOU but will not slow the bullets that are traveling at you.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
I see how your brain can make time slow or speed up for YOU but will not slow the bullets that are traveling at you.

Yes but it would help wouldn't it? Many situations that we get into can be solved by good reaction times. If you see things real slowly then you reaction time should decrease because you take in the information faster.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Teknikal: I don't know what you experienced and I can't see why it is against the TOS, but that sounds really freaky... I hope you don't take offense (none is meant) but I find it extremely hard to believe that it is possible.

Think fungal.... thats the best I can do and I hope that much is not a breach of the T&C.

It would change the speed they could react, so they would, for example, notice the danger of a falling object sooner than we would, and begin moving sooner, but they wouldn't move any faster.

Ya. An advanced Cyborg or Robot may be able to accomplish this feat eventually but not a Human.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I heard that if you play Max Payne 1 at the most difficult setting with bullet time for 100 hours continously, eventually you get to have bullet time in reality.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
I heard that if you play Max Payne 1 at the most difficult setting with bullet time for 100 hours continously, eventually you get to have bullet time in reality.

Ok really guys lets get a bit serious here

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
When I have a massive adrenaline rush, it sometimes seems if everything slows down around me, but in reality it doesn't make me able to dodge anything, quite the opposite actually.

I just feel that I am kind of invincible, which I warn you, is not a good thing.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
with quantum phase shifting technology it might be possible you are only using temperal anomelies in time space so the world is moving faster as you or you are moving faster than the world around you
but with it comes great energy use for going phase shift with several different dimensions.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Maybe...

I've always had somekind of accelerate perception when I am in a situation of danger. Many times I simply dodged a volleyball that somebody had accidentally hit right strong at my face, and it's only when the ball was at like 1 feet from my face that I realized it was there and it would hit me; and when I used to do boxing, I was incredibly quick at dodging punches, even to my own surprise... but of course I could not dodge them all, and that's when reality... hits
But I think that these lack of reflexes had more to do with the terrible stress and fears I had to ge through rather than a loss of capacity.... kinda like when Neo is refusing to "believe".

I'm usually a very relax person but when it comes to these situation my reflexes are sometimes unnatural. But then again, bullet is still quite faster than a ball or a punch... Mentally it could be possible, with proper training. But physically???

[edit on 7/1/06 by Echtelion]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Ones perception of time can be altered by increasing there awareness. Similar to having an anxiety attack or being in a state danger where adrenaline is pumping through you. It gives you an outter body type feeling that makes you feel as though time stops. Still not enough to dodge a bullet.

Another known fact is that your nervous system has an uncanny ability to predict things happening up to 3 seconds in the future. Maybe they're being trained to be able to feel those changes in there body?... I don't know, but its still no matrix time slows down type thing.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Its like in sports, when you get in the zone. It happened to me a few times in Basketball and Baseball games. I remember making a game winning shot once, but I guess I dont remember it as clearly as I should. I just remember getting the ball at midcourt, taking it up and getting to the top of the key, taking a jab step and thats it. The shot itself I dont remember, but everything was slowed down so much I didnt hear the crowd, I didnt hear the ball on the court, but I could hear myself breathing. Its a really intense focus. But as far as using it to dodge bullets, you cant slow time itself down, just your perception of it.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
The only way to dodge a bullet would be if you could actually know that the bullet was comng before it had been shot. Thye just go way to fast to be dodged normally.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
lets say that one wants to create that effect artificially anyway, regardless of if you can dodge bullets or not?

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
now what you experienced and I can't see why it is against the TOS, but that sounds really freaky... I hope you don't take offense (none is meant) but I find it extremely hard to believe that it is possible.

No offense taken at all I would be doubtful myself if someone had made the claim to me beforehand I can tell you sardion2000 was on the right track and I'm sure a few google searches in that area would validate my claim.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Drugs and meditation can give you the feeling/concept of having time 'slow down' ... however, your reactions are still going at the same pace as before. It's a state of hyperattention, really.

Some miscellaneous papers on the topic (not a lot of research, really... but it's hard to wire someone up and then put them in a sequence of accidents):
www.nencki.gov.pl...

PDF book chapter:
custance.org...

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Drugs and meditation can give you the feeling/concept of having time 'slow down' ... however, your reactions are still going at the same pace as before. It's a state of hyperattention, really.

Actually not quite. Because your perception of time is changed you can react sooner then you normally would. In the world of competitive FPS(First Person Shooters) some illigal narcotics are considered performance enhancing substances due to the fact it can shave of a couple dozen milliseconds off your reaction times, say 60 ms reaction time versus a normal 80-100(those numbers are made up and are just for illustration)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join