It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will documents proving that Saddam trained islamist terrorists be released?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
No more than the ones been training in Afghanistan with help of American money since the late 70s.

What do you think about that, remember Bin-Laden just like Saddam were friends before they became the Enemy.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I think that a lot of the Bin Laden CIA Afgan Russian al-Qaeda connections are very loose and generalized.

Most of the money Bin Laden used to form the al-Qaeda as we know it was money he made while in business in Sudan in the late '90s.

Not funding from the Afgan war. But most people don't become aware of that until an individual points it out, due to the overly hyped CIA connection in the media.

I also see a huge distinction between training soldiers to fight conventional warfare, and training terrorist to suicide bomb, kidnap innocents, behead, rape, etc.

Don't you?

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

What do you think about that, remember Bin-Laden just like Saddam were friends before they became the Enemy.

And similar things shaped the past and will dictate the future ......

Germany wasnt an enemy, then she was, then she became a friend... as an example.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Well then we have to wait and see that prove of Saddam training terrorist camp that is been claim in this thread.

Occurs perhaps it was just his own military training.

Just like US training foreigners than later became enemies or dictators after returning to their countries of origins.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Well then we have to wait and see that prove of Saddam training terrorist camp that is been claim in this thread.

There is already some. See my first post for reference. But you are right. We will have to wait for more proof.

Just like US training foreigners than later became enemies or dictators after returning to their countries of origins.

A teacher can never know how his pupil will turn out marg. Even your school teachers could not have known how you would turn out, nor mine.

And again, there was no suicide bomber training for example at the SOA. Don't you see the difference?

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
And again, there was no suicide bomber training for example at the SOA. Don't you see the difference?

Actually I agree with everything but this last statement.

Suicide bombers don't need training all they need is willingness to die for their cause and have somebody else strap a time bomb to their bodies, their mission is one of not return.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The US trained terrorists in the School of the Americas (now re-named 'The Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation'), how many countries would be justified in invading us?

The US is stumbling blindly with this 'do as I say, not what I do' mentality, which really removes any reason for anyone to listen to US. Their torture is bad, our is good. If (a very big 'if') Saddam trained terrorists, that's bad, but it is ok when we do it.

We need leaders who will bring some dignity back to the US. Our reputation is shot.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
What Insainity!

first things first! I admit that im a bush basher, but with good reason and this is one of them, surley it was the CIA that funded and trained these guys to get rid of the russians? what they diddent account for was that they just diddent understand how these people worked and that they where standing up to the russians for almost the same reasons that they now are standing up against the US.

the basic premis being that the russians where throwing there weight around (very basic i know!) surley that is the exact same reason now!

This is the point where someone comes back with the defending liberty line.....

Bad Form! if sadam is to be tried then the CIA should be in the Dock with him!

Daz Out.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I do not think you can clasifie anything that todays media reports as news? more like propaganda government certified and controled. and I never in my life thouhght I would see the day were a leader of a post would quote the words of Rush Limbaugh whats this world coming to or worst yet I think the end is here!

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   

So it turns out we DO have proof that saddam was training terrorists before we invaded. I always thought Bush might have some kind of trump card that he was saving.

The ansewr to that question would be a big fat NO! as they invaded Iraq mainly under the asumption that he had WMD. Which there has been absolutly no proof, and if they found them they would probaby say 'Made in the US' underneath them.

At the end of the day this still does not, and never will, justify a illegal occupation of a soverighn nation. Without the full co-operation of the UN, it should be classed as a War crime.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   

they invaded Iraq mainly under the asumption that he had WMD. Which there has been absolutly no proof

news.bbc.co.uk...
Wednesday, 7 July, 2004

The US has revealed that it removed more than 1.7 metric tons of radioactive material from Iraq in a secret operation last month. Along with 1.77 tons of enriched uranium, about 1,000 "highly radioactive sources" were also removed.

It was flown out of the country aboard a military plane in a joint operation with the Department of Defense, and is being stored temporarily at a Department of Energy facility.

The United Nations nuclear watchdog - the International Atomic Energy Agency - and Iraqi officials were informed ahead of the operation, which happened ahead of the 28 June handover of sovereignty.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The radioacive materials found in Iraq after the invasion were already materials that the UN inspectors had sealed from years past.

Remember Iraq a nuclear plant during the 80s.

So that is no new news by any means and I holds not weight on the proliferation of "Weapon of mass destruction"

[edit on 9-1-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The radio active material used ot belong to Tuawitha were Saddam used to have his nuclear plant.

The International Atomic Energy Agency, which in the prewar period had kept the Tuwaitha uranium under seal, was told in advance of the U.S. removal, as were Iraqi officials.

Tuwaitha was once the center of Saddam Hussein's nuclear weapons effort, but its equipment was dismantled at the direction of U.N. inspectors in the early 1990s as part of the agreement following Iraq's surrender in the 1991 Persian Gulf War. The U.N. inspectors removed highly enriched uranium that could be used for weapons and shipped it for storage in Russia. The low-enriched uranium was placed under seal in storage at Tuwaitha but under the control of the IAEA.

This is from the same article is just that your link cut part of it.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom_for_sum

Originally posted by Souljah
Will this Report also Include, the List of Biological and Chemical Weapons that United States sold to Saddam in the 80's to Win the War against Iran?

I don't think so.

Souljah;

When we assisted Iraq in their war with Iran, Iran was our enemy--not Iraq. Iraq later became our enemy when Saddam, a megalomaniac, made significant human rights violations and an attack on an ally (Kuwait).

I find your "10 ways to fight hate" link disingenuous and ironic as you seem to harbor deep-seated hatred for the US. I read your posts and they all seem to follow a common theme: Anti-America(n)

"Freedom," do you deny that Saddam acquired his most agregious weapons from the US? Do you deny the fact that while Saddam was torturing and slaying his people, by the hundreds at a time, that USA didn't know what he was up to? He supposedly used the chemical weapons the US supplied him with to gas his own people. The US government was fully aware of what was happening. At the time, they looked the other way b/c it was the expedient thing to do.

Souljah doesn't hate the USA. It's the hypocrisy that is insane.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This discussion is going away from the intneded subject:
Will documents proving that Saddam trained islamist terrorists be released?

Let's please get back on track

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The point is, Saddam was not into terrorism. He hated them. He wanted to be an Iraqi Al Capone. Terrorists only destabilized his thang, if you know what I mean. Saddam was into total control. When you were in his airspace, you were under his control. He and Bin Who were enemies.

The only good thing about Hussein's reign (from a western perspective) was that he ran a secular government. It was good for health care, higher education and women's issues.

There's a heckuva lot of amnesia going on these days with Iraq past and present.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I'd just like to clarify my position on this statement:

The only good thing about Hussein's reign (from a western perspective) was that he ran a secular government. It was good for health care, higher education and women's issues.

Before the Gulf War, Iraq was no paradise, to be sure. But it was a secularly-run government. A dictatorship, to be sure. That's never preferable. But.. Saddam's government:

1. provided security (and I'm sure folks were terrified to X up); Crmie was way down under his rule.
2. provided standard healthcare. There is virtually none today.
3. Ran enuff of whatever to emply a good size of his population; There was actually a professional and middle class in Iraq before Desert Storm.
4. Provided education to men AND women.

Those are things I see about Iraq today that has changed. Not for the better. Those are just observations, to clarify.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I found a little more detail about the documents by searching with keywords.

It lists tantalizing little clues from some of the documents.

The Pentagon sits on the documents of the Saddam Hussein regime.

Title: Intelligence coded memo by two IIS officers containing info on various topics; weapons boat, Palestinians training in Iraq, etc.
Short Description: Lists Palestinians trained in Iraq, etc.
Agency: DIA
Document Date: Mar-02
Document #: IISP-2003-00038100

Title: IIS Correspondence for the Iraq Embassy in the Philippines and Iraqi MFA [Ministry of Foreign Affairs].
Short Description: Various correspondence e.g. visa forms, trade delegations, full reports on the connections between Abu Sayaf and the Qadafi Charity Establishment. Report on a certain individual traveling to Pakistan and involvements with bin Laden.
Agency: DIA
Document Date: Mar-01
Document #: ISGP-2003-00014100

[edit on 1/9/06 by makeitso]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Your source is the Weekly Standard

Go figure.

The reason the DoD would sit on info. pertaining to Iraq is b/c none of it supports BushCos claims.

[edit on 1/9/06 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Dear Mr. Kid,

This whole thread is about the Weekly Standard article.

Anyway....Imagination or not, it appears that DOCEX does exist in Doha, Qatar. And they are hiring!

www.ditco.disa.mil...&hl=en" target="_blank" class="postlink">DOCEX ENCORE TASK ORDER (TO) STATEMENT OF WORK (SOW)

The following identifies anticipated travel to DOCEX customer sites, component commands and DOCEX deployed locations.

NCR - Twelve day trips for 3 contractors, 2 contractors for 12 trips for 2 days and 2 contractors for 6 trips for 4 days.

CRC, Ft. Bliss, TX - 2 contractors 1 trip for 5 days.
Doha, Qatar - 4 contractors for 2 trips for 30 days.
GTMO, Cuba - 1 contractor for 2 trips for 10 days.
Baghram, Afganhnistan - 1 contractor for 2 trips for 10 days.
Sarajevo, Bosnia - 1 contractor for 1 trip for 5 days.
Prestivia, Kosovo - 1 contractor for 1 trip for 5 days.

[edit on 1/9/06 by makeitso]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join