It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will documents proving that Saddam trained islamist terrorists be released?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
www.weeklystandard.com...

THE FORMER IRAQI REGIME OF Saddam Hussein trained thousands of radical Islamic terrorists from the region at camps in Iraq over the four years immediately preceding the U.S. invasion, according to documents and photographs recovered by the U.S. military in postwar Iraq. The existence and character of these documents has been confirmed to THE WEEKLY STANDARD by eleven U.S. government officials.

So it turns out we DO have proof that saddam was training terrorists before we invaded. I always thought Bush might have some kind of trump card that he was saving.

If this all pans out, will it change anyones minds?

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   
No love for this? Every other discussion thread I've seen it in is chock full of chatter.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Will this Report also Include, the List of Biological and Chemical Weapons that United States sold to Saddam in the 80's to Win the War against Iran?

I don't think so.

AND, I find it very Conventient that this News came out right at the time of Saddam's Trial.

Intriguing.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
It's only coming out now as it takes about 2 or 3 years to write a good bit of fiction....

Saddam hated Fundy Islamists more than Bush for christs sake! They are ideologically at the other end of the spectrum from anywhere Saddam wanted to go.

OBL is even on record for calling for the downfall of Saddam himself. Seems he got his wish when Bush invaded and now he has an entire country full of American troops to play around in......

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Saddam hated Fundy Islamists more than Bush for christs sake! They are ideologically at the other end of the spectrum from anywhere Saddam wanted to go.

OBL is even on record for calling for the downfall of Saddam himself. Seems he got his wish when Bush invaded and now he has an entire country full of American troops to play around in......

Even so and despite their alleged fundy differences, they both had one thing in common: their hatred and confrontational attitudes and actions against the Great Satan America. Seems to me that the old saying that the enemy of my enemy is my friend holds true but is still ignored in this terrorism relationship between Saddam and OBL. Furthermore circumstantial evidences, Saddam supported terrorism in Palestine and other areas, despite those alleged fundy differences, huh?

seekerof

[edit on 8-1-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I think also the fact that the CIA funded Mujaheddin in the Afghan war against USSR and aided the training of Al-Qaeda will probably lead to this information being left aside.

Link to vid

from your provided link:

Many of the fighters were drawn from terrorist groups in northern Africa with close ties to al Qaeda

It might also interest you to read the following..

Shortly before his untimely death, former British Foreign Secretary Robin Cook told the House of Commons that "Al Qaeda" is not really a terrorist group but a database of international mujaheddin and arms smugglers used by the CIA and Saudis to funnel guerrillas, arms, and money into Soviet-occupied Afghanistan. Courtesy of World Affairs, a journal based in New Delhi, WMR can bring you an important excerpt from an Apr.-Jun. 2004 article by Pierre-Henry Bunel, a former agent for French military intelligence.

Link to www.Globalresearch.CA

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Will this Report also Include, the List of Biological and Chemical Weapons that United States sold to Saddam in the 80's to Win the War against Iran?

I don't think so.

AND, I find it very Conventient that this News came out right at the time of Saddam's Trial.

This isnt just coming out now either. Bush mentioned it many times in the run up to the war, including the 2003 SOTU sppech.

Intriguing.

Because we never did. We gave him medical supplies that were used to make chemical weapons. You see how you twist facts to fit your agenda?

Saddam hated Fundy Islamists more than Bush for christs sake!

Where do you get this from anyway? The guy had a a koran written in his own blood for godsake. He may have hated islamo fundies, but the enemy of my enemy is my friend. If it help Saddam to gain more power, why wouldnt he get help from islamic terrorists?

Hell, we teamed up with Stalin in WWII and I'm pretty sure we hated commies.

I think also the fact that the CIA funded Mujaheddin in the Afghan war against USSR and aided the training of Al-Qaeda will probably lead to this information being left aside.

So, you dont care because we trained the Muj to fight the soviets? Fighting the soviets isnt hijacking planes and blowing up grocery stores.

[edit on 8-1-2006 by Dronetek]

[edit on 8-1-2006 by Dronetek]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
Will documents proving that Saddam trained islamist terrorists be released?

Good find and the answer to your question appears to be on the second page. (It is the same story just on page two of the original source)

Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld has convened several meetings in recent weeks to discuss the Pentagon's role in expediting the release of this information. According to several sources familiar with his thinking, Rumsfeld is pushing aggressively for a massive dump of the captured documents.

This really comes as no surprise too me I had expected it all along, just as I expect we may some day find the WMDs with Iraq markings in Syria or Iraq.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Saddam supported terrorism in Palestine and other areas....

This is an outright lie, and you know it Kerof!

Saddam gave money to the FAMILIES of the MARYTRS.

That includes the people that Israel kills.

Not one red cent went to any terrorists.

And before you try to insinuate that the people did it for the money their families would receive please do not forget that Israel will go and bulldoze flat the homes of these families.

Maybe if Israel did not do such acts of terrorism themselves Saddam would not have had to compensate these families....

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel

This is an outright lie, and you know it Kerof!

Well it may not be a lie if what the story says is in fact true will it?

www.weeklystandard.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Well it may not be a lie if what the story says is in fact true will it?

I read through the article and the only thing said about the Palestinians was a question asked that was not answered.

He was refering to the monies sent to the families of Palestinian Marytrs, and implying that it went to terrorists, which is not true.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel

He was refering to the monies sent to the families of Palestinian Marytrs, and implying that it went to terrorists, which is not true.

Well unless you know each and every family involved, I think it is safe to assume you are just guessing. Knowing the way terrorists work, I have no doubt what so ever that some of that money may have in fact ended up in the hands of terrorits groups.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   

So it turns out we DO have proof that saddam was training terrorists before we invaded. I always thought Bush might have some kind of trump card that he was saving.

If this all pans out

If.. Friend, this nothing more than neocon wishful thinking. Who are those 11 "government officials," anyway? Are they Bush NeoCons?

Don't hold your breath.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
But who needs to wait. There's plenty of old refrences to Saddam / Bin Laden / terrorist ties starting back in the mid '90s in Sudan, when Saddam's people first met with Bin Laden. The same is true of the late '90s when Saddam offered Bin Laden asylum.

Then leading up to, and including the documents that you refer to, including documentation that he supported terrorists in Palestine.

Old News - Old Iraq Terror Connections
Bin Laden was receiving training on bomb making from the IIS's [Iraqi Intelligence Service's] principal technical expert on making sophisticated explosives, Brigadier Salim al Ahmed. Brigadier Salim was observed at bin Laden's farm in Khartoum in Sep-Oct 1995 and again in July 1996, in the company of the director of Iraqi Intelligence Mani-abd-al-Rashid-al-Tikriti [to discuss] bin Laden's request for IIS technical assistance" in making bombs.

Bin Laden offered Asylum
The key meeting took place in the Afghan mountains near Kandahar in late December. The Iraqi delegation was led by Farouk Hijazi, Baghdad's ambassador in Turkey and one of Saddam's most powerful secret policemen, who is thought to have offered Bin Laden asylum in Iraq.

Saddam Possessed WMD, Had Extensive Terror Ties
Iraqi intelligence documents, confiscated by U.S. forces and obtained by CNSNews.com, show numerous efforts by Saddam Hussein's regime to work with some of the world's most notorious terror organizations, including al-Qaida, to target Americans.

They include Palestine Liberation Front, a group dedicated to attacking Israel, and according to the Iraqi memo, one with an office in Baghdad.

And theres a lot more documentation out there. This was just a quick reference.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I don't think so.

Souljah;

When we assisted Iraq in their war with Iran, Iran was our enemy--not Iraq. Iraq later became our enemy when Saddam, a megalomaniac, made significant human rights violations and an attack on an ally (Kuwait).

I find your "10 ways to fight hate" link disingenuous and ironic as you seem to harbor deep-seated hatred for the US. I read your posts and they all seem to follow a common theme: Anti-America(n)

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Because we never did. We gave him medical supplies that were used to make chemical weapons. You see how you twist facts to fit your agenda?

Yes talk about twisting the facts. Can you substantiate this medical supplies for chemical weapons claim? It seems the Senate Committee had a slightly more realistic view of the situation:

In 1992, the committee began investigating US chemical and biological warfare-related dual-use exports to Iraq. It found that 17 individual shipments totalling some 80 batches of biomaterial were sent to Iraq during the Reagan years.

These included two batches of anthrax and two batches of botulism being sent to the Iraqi ministry of higher education on May 2, 1986; one batch each of salmonella and E.Coli sent to the Iraqi state company for drug industries on August 31, 1987.

Other shipments from the US went to the Iraqi Atomic Energy Commission on July 11, 1988; the department of biology at the University of Basra in November 1989; the department of microbiology at Baghdad University in June 1985; the ministry of health in April 1985 and Officers’ City military complex in Baghdad in March and April 1986.
source: www.independent-media.tv...

Your article is convenient and with all the lies and fabrications this government spews I take your claims very lightly. Nothing here but propaganda & pure rhetoric.

brill

[edit on 8-1-2006 by brill]

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/1/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I wonder what documents taking in consideration how many training US has given to terrorist also.

School of the Americas in fort Bening GA anyone?

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Gee, I trained at Benning, but I don't remember any suicide bombing or Anthrax classes.

Thats strange. I must have slept thru them huh?

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
Gee, I trained at Benning, but I don't remember any suicide bombing or Anthrax classes.

Thats strange. I must have slept thru them huh?

You are not very familiar with the School of the Americas I guess, my husband is a retired Marine and I remember many of the foreign Officers been training in the US in Quatico VA.

For Bening trained many south American military. Is a very nice thread in ATS files that cover the names of the most famous one that became dictators.

Are you a foreigner? Did you trained in the School Of Americas, in the army branch of service?

[edit on 8-1-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Your guess is wrong marg. But I still like you.

The point of this thread is not about your husband or I. It's focus is media distortions, about Iraq supporting Islamic terrorists.

Do you think that Iraq was training/financing/supporting Islamic terrorists just prior to the war?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join