It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Learn to Physically trance your body. (Lesson)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Most people when trancing, or medetating, or even projecting, come across this at one point or another. Their extremities become numb, ticklish, and feel as if they`ve become detatched from them.

With practice, you can re-induce this feeling, anywhere, at any time, within a fraction of a second. I`ll attempt to teach you how. It`s a slow process at first, so don`t expect immediate results.

1. Place your arm (the one you write with) flat on a surface. Make sure its positioned in a way that no matter how relaxed it becomes it cannot move. (Later you wont need to secure it like this, but if it moves, rolls, slides or anything, you will lose your concentration.)

2. It shouldnt matter if youre looking at it or not. Just relax it.
Allow EVERY muscle in your arm to relax. Completley. Dont even allow yourself to stabalise your arm.

Get to understand exactly what COMPLETE relaxation is. Completeley turn off your arm. I cannot stress enough... NO MUSCLE MUST BE ACTIVE.

Once youve completley relaxed your arm. And you understand how to quickly turn off your arm... go further.

I know it sounds retarted... but relax your arm, beyond complete relaxation.

No... keep trying.

No. I mean, REALLY go beyond a complete relaxed state.

When you get there it will feel VERY strange.
Youre first response will be to clench your muscles again. It's ok, you're allowed to do so... the first few times. The first time, will be involuntary... its your minds way of saying... "Whoah wait, we just lost contact with the arm... send a signal and check if its still there."

When I hear descriptions of "Ghost pain" from missing limbs... the descriptions are very much the same as this feeling.

3. Do it a few more times. Every time you feel that strange feeling. Try to ignore it for longer than the last time.

4. If you feel you have mastered holding that feeling in your arm. Try the other one.

5. Once you have mastered the arms... the legs should be VERY easy to do... almost automatic.

6. BEFORE YOU TRY THIS WITH YOUR LOWER TORSO... MAKE SURE YOU HAVE USED THE WASHROOM.

7. Try it with your lower torso. If you have anything in your bladder, it will come out... remember, you are shutting down every muscle in those areas.

8. Once you've gotten the lower torso to shut down (dont worry if it takes a while...the body is the hardest part), try the upper torso.

Now youre probably asking... "WHAT?! But my heart is in my upper torso... wont that turn off too?!"
No... it wont. You cannot voluntarily shut down your heart. Some have managed to change its rate... but you cannot turn it off... its an automatic system.

9. Have you managed to turn off your upper torso?

I bet you couldnt for more than a couple of seconds. You felt like you were falling didnt you?
Thats expected. For some reason, you get the same feeling here, as you do when youre free falling. Its a VERY hard feeling to ignore... but you must ignore it... with practice.

10. The head... you should now be ready to try it with your head.
When shutting down your head, remember, you wont feel the feeling in your brain. Your brain cannot feel. However, your sinuses, ears, and jaw will feel it. Your brain... well, the only thing you'll notice is any headache you have at the time will dissapear immediately.
(Its a great way to eliminate a headache... I dont have headaches anymore.)

Once you've managed to try each part of the body. See if you can shut down EVERYTHING at the same time. You enter an almost immediate trance. Why? Because you have severed all contact between nerves, muscles and the brain, leaving the brain capable of focusing on any senses its not used to recieving... possibly senses you never knew you had.

Like pressure for instance. Through this, I learned to home in on pressure. I can now predict rain, long before it comes down, and quite precisely too.

Remember... you have to learn to ignore the "Ghost pain" you feel. Its hard, but you HAVE to get used to it... just remember that there is NOTHING WRONG... its a sensory input that tells you nothing... its not worth paying attention to other than the fact that it feels kinda cool.

[edit on 7-1-2006 by johnsky]

[edit on 7-1-2006 by johnsky]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Oh yeah, almost forgot...

You have to be lying flat on your back for the first times with the body and head, with little to no nerve contact... that means take the sheets off your bed, and lie flat on your back on the matress... you will want clothes on, or the draft will remove you from the trance.

Your arms will rest in their natural position when you do this, so you dont have to worry about palms up, or palms down, just let your arms, feet, and head go wherever they want to... DONT STABALIZE THEM, or you will come out of the trance.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Im guessing this is the kinda thing thats "easier said than done".

I definitely plan to try this. From the trance state, nearly anything is possible, from curing insomnia to astral projection. The only problem is, most trance methods involve inducing this 'falling' sensation without going into much detail on the relaxation aspect.

With this it almost feels as if the trance is a side effect of the relaxation exercise.

Very well put, and may your posts continue to enlighten.

-Haliberd-

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Anyone who tries this, I would love to hear how your succeeded or failed and also some suggestions on what paths to take once you achieve the 'trance state'.
How simple is it to astrally project from this state? What else are you able to do...
Senses you didn't know you had?
Do you think that 2 or more people in this state who agreed to attempt communication might have some success in telepathy?
Lots of interesting things to do

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
That feeling like I'm falling, well, I get that from time to time and always thought it was some weird muscle spasm.

Are you saying it could be something else entirely??

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
OK, I'm in a trance state. Now What?

edit: Well I just got a 20 point fine for the one liner so I'll add a few more
tidbits of my experiences in trance induction.

Sufi Masters twirled around in circles wearing dresses to attain their trance states. I tried this as a child with out the dress and used to get so dizzy I fell on the lawn. Not a true trance state; this is just the way kids start on the road to expanded awareness.

Currently I use the mantra and sex trantic for trance formation.

The total relaxation technique described in the first post is the technique used to induce self-hypnosis. Very useful if you want to quit smoking or habit altering in general.

Please give my 20 points that I was fined to those less fortunate than myself. Thanks Peace

Concious expansion is not only fun but a great way to pick up a few extra bucks during SLACK time. J. R. "Bob" Dobbs is a great guru for those willing to really become a devotee of the genre. Peace

[edit on 7-1-2006 by whaaa]

[edit on 7-1-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Well, ok, I can answer to the other posts... that last one kinda went astray... but I think I understand what he was saying... I think...

Anywhoo, I'm not sure the full extents of what you can do with your mind once you've entered the trance using my method.

Things I've encountered :

All stress and headaches, gone.

Anything that upset me, I can focus on clearly.

The 'veil' becomes MUCH thinner.

Depending on what you do during the trance, you can make it very easy to fall asleep afterwards... or come out of the trance with the most heightened mental alertness you'll ever experience.

Most of what I do in a trance, is internal. I dont tend to contact anyone, or anything outwardly... I just do maintainance, modifications, and healing on my own mind.

I suppose whatever you do while tranced is completley up to you. I dont usually attempt outward communication.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   
woah, very cool. I just tried it with my right arm, I think my brain convinced me that it had lost all contact with the arm and I no longer had it. I kept on saying to myself to move it, but it wouldn't move. The whole arm went numb and it became very warm. I wonder if you do this long enough you could lose function of the limb and it would cease to work lol.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Lol. I had that feeling for a short while when I was experimenting, back when I figured out how to do this.

It didnt last long for me though. Yes, I couldnt move my arm back then either for a while... but it seems your mind adapts to it. Or at least mine did. I can re-activate my arm the very instance I want to move it again. So yeah, its obviously the mind adapting a new feature.

I've also noticed, it was shortly after I figured out how to shut everything down, I learnt how to time my heart rate with music, or a clock. Pretty cool, possibly unrelated... but cool.

Three years ago I figured all this out... I definately stumbled across a new form of physical control for me.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   
You can astral project from this state. However, you have to get past 'The Point'. That is, you must stay conscious while changing your brain wave frequency from Theta to Deep Delta.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
That feeling like I'm falling, well, I get that from time to time and always thought it was some weird muscle spasm.

Are you saying it could be something else entirely??

Some say this is what it feels like when you rejoin your body after astral projecting..

I have had 3 dreams 2 I remember sorta well that felt like I was falling real fast.. but the thing on these were it was after I was killed in this dream..

The falling fast part is like being in a elevator in a tall building.. but a million times faster.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This is fantastic. I've been able to do this from the age of 5 and I always thought I was in some way flawed. At long last, I have discovered that it's not only more common than I had ever expected but it's something people aim for.

Thank you.

Another trick is to listen to calming music like Enya and slowly but surely your breathing and vibrations will be in sync with the music.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
So has anyone tried to pair up and communicate?
I think while the self repair and maintainance is very useful, I also believe being able to set aside a time in sync with a loved one accross the world to have some 'together time' would be very very lovely

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Can I ask, what is the "Veil" you talk about? I've hear vague references to it on a couple boards now, but never what it is.

I have already done this relaxation thing before I read your board, but I had always done all parts of my body at once, I didn't start with just an arm, etc. It started when I was introduced to astral projection. I think there is a link between AP and some of the sensations you feel.

Some things I have felt while doing it: The falling sensation, feet/hands falling asleep/getting very very cold extremities, a feeling of "double bodies" particularly in my hands. Feels like I have two sets of hands, one facing up and one facing down. Very intense shaking of my entire body known as 'vibrations', feeling my pulse resonate through my entire body, etc etc etc. Sometimes weird visuals come up. Like my vision will go entirely from the black back of my eyelids to pure white, or I will see things. I think it might be dreaming while awake, I dunno. Like one time I saw a squid for some reason, and another time I saw all these eyes. Very common to see flashes of light (white or coloured) dancing around like that "beach ball" screensaver as well.

Tip: Tilt your head back a little bit so that the saliva runs down your throat and you don't have to swallow. It really ruins it when you lay there perfectly still for 10 minutes and then have to take a big gulp and lose everything.

As for the falling sensation, there was a big board with lots of debate and theories (as well as a scientific explaination for it) a while back. I forget what it was called.

And finally one question for you.... Do you think it's possible to relax so much that your heartbeat and breathing will actually stop? Do you think extreme relaxation could have dangerous side-effects?

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Certainly not. If you stop manually controlling your breathing and heart rate, your automatic systems take over and do it for you.

Breathing you can override, and send the signal to hold your lungs, but once you pass out from oxygen deprevation, your automatic system kicks in again and starts your breathing for you.

The heart, you can affect the rate of which your heart beats, but much as with breathing, if you lose conciousness because of messing with your heart rate, your body will resume its natural pace of your heart.

Muscles in the rest of your body however are different. Few to none are automatic, and you can shut all of them down with a little concentration.

Its pretty much what the Bhuddists do when they do that thing where they withstand pain. They are simply turning off the receptors to those areas. No-essential systems. The brain doesnt mind, so long as you convince it nothing wrong will happen while it ignores those parts.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
That all sounds very interesting and as someone else said it seems to have quite a bit in common with astral projecting. The few times I've tried (and failed) to AP I've bee trying to relax the whole body at once. I'll try this one step at a time approach and see how it goes - thanks!

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
hey i like your technique, tried with my arm... and my mind wants me to move it, but i can control that, but im going to mess around with it some more tonite. Very interesting

top topics

join