It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knock Knock. Something to ponder.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Let�s experience the beauty and joy of truth by accepting things as they are rather than as we wish them to be. Here is a Knock-Knock story for you to ponder.

Knock! Knock!
"Who's there?"
"The Truth."
"Go away, I'm busy looking for the Truth."

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Ah, but one man's truth, is another man's lie...

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Prove It. If There Is Room For Doubt Then It Could Be A Lie.. -

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Do we know if their is such thing as truth? and I see what uv done in ur story uv typed

Knock! Knock!
"Who's there?"
"The Truth."

We look for the Truth (our truth, the easyest thing to hear) when really we should be looking for The truth (u did the first one with capital T on the and one without, this either means: you were suttly trying to make a point or im delusional and trying to get to much out of words lol).

Also one of u says prove it, if it is not proven it could be a lie, who says something has to be proven to be truth? What is truth?

[Edited on 29-9-2003 by Adrianay]

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   
As a wise man once said (I got this quote from a comic book, no less), "A safe & desirable illusion is usually preferable to a harsh but unwanted truth".

...Sad, but true.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   

"The first peace, which is the most important, is that which comes within the souls of people when they realize their relationship, their oneness with the universe and all its powers, and when they realize that at the center of the universe dwells the Great Spirit, and that this center is really everywhere, it is within each of us."

Black Elk - Oglala Sioux

My impression of Truth is that God works in mysterious way's.

Any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   
All truth is but half truth...

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
Let�s experience the beauty and joy of truth by accepting things as they are rather than as we wish them to be. Here is a Knock-Knock story for you to ponder.

Knock! Knock!
"Who's there?"
"The Truth."

Does that little Knock Knock joke remind anyone else besides me of the "Biggest BooBoo" of biblical accounts involving Jesus and his crucifixion.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 11:44 PM
link   

"We are taught to believe that the Great Spirit sees and hears everything, and that he never forgets: that hereafter he will give every man a spirit-home according to his deserts.... This I believe, and all my people belive the same."

- Chief Joseph (Hinmaton, Yalatkit) Nez Perce-(Nimiputimt) (???-1905)

... I hope the Great Heavenly Father, who will look down upon us, will give all the tribes his blessing, that we may go forth in peace, and live in peace all our days, and that He will look down upon our children and finally lift us far above this earth: and that our Heavenly Father will look upon our children as His children, that all the tribes may be His children, and as we shake hands to-day upon this broad plain, we may forever live in peace.

- Red Cloud (Marpiya-Luta) Oglala

"Will you teach your children what we have taught our children? That the earth is our mother? What befalls the earth befalls all the sons of the earth. "This we know: the earth does not belong to man, man belongs to the earth. All things are connected like the blood that unites us all. Man did not weave the web of life, he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself. "One thing we know: our god is also your god. The earth is precious to him and to harm the earth is to heap contempt on its creator.

Chief Seattle

So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and Demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, Beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and Its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide. Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, Even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and Bow to none. When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the food and For the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, The fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and nothing, For abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision. When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts Are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes They weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again In a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home."

Tecumseh - Shawnee-(1768-1813)

Sounds familiar

Any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   
instead of knocking on the door of others for the truth...
realize that it is within you...
"when thought ceases to exist in this physical body i fear not for the faith of man was with me; and to you i do have love and faith" bigsage...

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Some potential truths to ponder are that...

A.The quotes are authentic
B.These men were called savages

Thank you bigsage for those comments.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 07:14 AM
link   
some great quotes there bigsage

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toltec
Some potential truths to ponder are that...

A.The quotes are authentic
B.These men were called savages
Thank you bigsage for those comments.

Amen Toltec, very nice choice of quotes

new topics

top topics

join