It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cunningham may have Worn Wire prior to Guilty Plea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
TIME magazine's online edition is reporting that former US Rep. Randy Cunningham wore a wire for a short time to help the Feds gain information to use against his co-conspirators prior to pleading guilty to tax evasion and conspiracy charges six weeks ago. Official sources for both Cunningham and the prosecution will neither confirm nor deny the reports.

www.nctimes.com
Report says Cunningham wore wire

Authorities on Friday refused comment on a report that former 50th District Congressman Randy "Duke" Cunningham wore a wire to record conversations with unidentified associates before pleading guilty to tax and bribery charges in November.

The report published on TIME magazine's online edition quoted unnamed sources as saying Cunningham wore the wire to help federal authorities collect evidence against others involved in the case.

Debra Hartman, a spokeswoman for the U.S. attorney's office in San Diego, said there would be no comment on the story from the federal prosecutors in charge of the Cunningham investigation.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

What I heard the feds said to the reporters about the wiretap, was, "like we're going to tell you!" I wouldn't doubt that he wore one. I hope they snag as many of the rotten buggers as they can get the dirt on.

[edit on 9-1-2006 by asala]

join