It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how come nothing paranormal happens to me?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
How come nothing paranormal happens to me?

Also,could you all supply me with things i could do with friends,that would make me have a 'ghostly'expirence please???????

regards,mitchell

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Yeah, me too. I KNOW that the paranormal exists. But that's pure faith from my side, as I've never experienced it myself. Disturbing...

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Well, that depends... paranormal is "made" by skills that require training and exercise.

Browsing this board and the research projects one you could find some good exercises to begin with.

Don't expect results immediately, they require time, but still, if you apply properly, you'll manage to acheive some.

[edit on 7-1-2006 by Sparhawk]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I think the best thing you can do is drop the hope that something paranormal will happen.

You see, most of the paranormal experiences happen in a completley relaxed state, when you are focused on something else, or simply tranced while youre walking around.

If youre looking for it, you wont see it. It's annoying I know... but thats the way it is.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Be thankful that you cant sense paranormal things.

Many good friends of mine have nearly killed themselves because they were plagued my 'anomalies' which I wont get in to.

Now if you really want some paranormal stuff, and i do NOT recommend this, is to go buy a Ouija Board, or make your own.

Make sure you do your research before you go wild and start "playing" with one. I know many intelligent, rational people that ended up in an asylum because they did not take the proper precautions before using one of these boards.

Do your research and be prepared to accept any negative (or if youre lucky, positive) consequences of using these, and do be careful.

I am telling you this, not to give you any ideas, but to be warned of what can happen if you dont do your research. The paranormal is not something to be taken for granted, or underestimated.

Best wishes

-Haliberd-

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
You can't force a paranormal expierience i'm sure it will come, But if you are so hard pressed go into a really old supposedly haunted house.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I have read these latest thread with interest as to why a paranormal experience has not happened to them. First I say, like another, do not hope for it other than a SPIRITUAL one.

I partially disagree with the position that a paranormal event only occurs with expertise, training and skill. I believe that an abnormal life, meaning rare events in ones life, good, bad and ugly, sets the stage for paranormal events to occur.

Review your life. If it has been pretty much uneventful, than that is the main barrier for your lack of an experience. Hope this helps. Cordially, LEGALCATALYST.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Become a paranormal investigator, and go to "haunted" locations. Go inside, and act like a complete donkey and you'll get some nasty spirits to come back with you.

In all seriousness though, most people do not experience the paranormal in their lifetime.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I can connect this to those who wish an out of body experience. You may find some nasty results if you do not come back. Again the caveat is do not hope for a paranormal experience to fulfill your human life. Cordially, LEGALCATALYST.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
You want a paranormal experience? Get married! I'm not kidding . . .

Get married, then behold that cute little creature turn into the dreaded Spandex Monster, or worse, morph into some hidious creature with Dorian Grey-esque features and hellspawn attitude. Here's how to do it. Fail to come home after Friday night out. Then, upon your return Saturday morning, tell her you went out, got drunk with the boys, AND blew your whole pay check.

Now, take a look deep into her eyes and tell me what you're seeing ain't something from the other side!!

Nope, you don't *really* want a paranormal experience

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I laughed out loud. Yes you did bring laughter. See how easy that was to grab that ring of humor and paid it up on the good side.

You are correct! I guess that is why I HAVE my ongoing paranormal experience right now I have been married 11 years. Notwithstanding the marriage, I am still experiencing an ongoing paranormal experience. Cordially, LEGALCATALYST.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Hey, I know how you feel. My significant other has never had any paranormal experiences and I used to have a lot but havent since I've been with him, it's weird.

Anyways, books I have read say that you experience paranormal things through natural intuitive and psychic abilities (clairvoyance, clairsentinence, clairaudience, and claircognizance) So i would suggest working on opening up those channels (if you believe in such a thing). Perhaps start with some chakra clearing exersizes.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I don't know for sure, of course, but I do know that many people tell me the same thing as you.
I have had a lifetime of paranormal events myself. At least a dozen over my 41 years. Why? I wish I knew, and I agree with whoever said you don't want to... Trust me, it gets old real fast being viewed by most everyone, friends, family included, as either crazy or dishonest.
My fiance is like you, and I told her I theorized that she is so strong that she doesn't need to. Of course, that implies that my weakness has somehow necessitated my experiences. It sure makes you think though.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
well you know what you should do, go out and see the world. It could be just that were you are there are no noticible paranormal things happening.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
You all do not know how fortunate you are..
I wish most times with all my might to be as dumb as a rock.
Paranormal is the MOST difficult life to live, careful you do not try anything at all without a good teacher, please....

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY
well you know what you should do, go out and see the world. It could be just that were you are there are no noticible paranormal things happening.

I live in a small, (pop. 150 000), town that, to me, is a very, very unremarkable, nay, dull, place. It is hard to imagine a less paranormal place. Though I did live in Victoria BC for 13 years, and that place is very paranormal. The last 28 years though, I have lived in this tediously dull, painfully behind the times, timewarp, of a town. Conservative would be putting it lightly. I haven't gotten alot of support here from people I tell my paranormal accounts to. The best I have gotten was a slim chance I may be telling the truth and it is accurate. The person who granted me the slim chance, of course didn't beleive me, but I was comforted by that unique offer of possible correctness. I believe that happened just the once. Eyes rolling in their sockets, piteous looks, accusations of dishonesty, chuckles, etc. are the rule.
In my case anyway, locale is quite clearly not related to occurance.
I agree with siriuslyone, though, it likely is a blessing that you haven't seen any. I have not had an easy time with it myself. I did enjoy the actual events, they were 'neato', but the ridicule and insults should you dare tell anyone, are pretty much the rule. I am mostly to blame, I have a big mouth. I won't stop talking about them, though, cuz for some reason I think its important I do. I don't have a good reason yet, but I feel confident there is one. there better be........

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Personally, it helps to hang out with people who don't mind discussing this stuff. Talk it out with them. Do a concious search or paranormal locations in your area and visit them. (You'd be surprised what you find, once you find the right sources for that kind of information.)

I grew up in Salt Lake City, which one might figure has ZERO paranormal incidents...BUT...you visit the right websites and voila! There it is! Half a dozen websites dedicated to paranormal stuff in S.L.C.!

Not to mention the S.L.C. chapter of the Ordo Templi Orientis website. *sheesh*

Anyway, try it out! There's TONS of paranormal stuff in your town, trust me!

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 03:24 AM
link   
First I think you should define to yourself what you see as "paranormal". Maybe some interesting paranormal things are happening all around you, but they are so part of your life that you don't notice them or find them "insignificant"... Something that you think is normal but other people see as paranormal. Your definition of paranormal may be seeing a ghost or alien space craft, while other people's definition might be as simple as a vivid dream that comes true, or even some "memories" they claim to be from a past life.

As far as I know some people attract the paranormal. Whether it is some sort of "inner energy", a good eye or just plain bad luck (?) I wouldn't know. If you're not one of these paranormal magnets (which you obviously aren't), then you can make some new friends and hang out with people who are?

And as others say - don't force it. It'll happen - if it happens - when you least expect it.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Something that you think is normal but other people see as paranormal. Your definition of paranormal may be seeing a ghost or alien space craft, while other people's definition might be as simple as a vivid dream that comes true
Gemwolf
I guess they have been simple in the respect that I didn't have to do anything besides dream to have some. That was easy. Dealing with the implications of the coming true later part..... that I found very challenging.
It was a pain. On so many levels, I struggled with the comprehension of how it could be possible for me to have a half dozen simple vivid dreams that came true.
I'd be grateful if you were to expand on what you meant. I want to hear as much information on the subject of precognitive dreams as I can.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I am also one of these people that seems to wear paranormal repellant! I have not really observed anything significant, and it is not of a wish not to. I want something to happen so that I can believe that there is something more than this hum-drum existance that I lead.

The people that have experienced something say that people that cannot are lucky. Why? We want to experience something so how can we be lucky? They also say that the experiences they had is not something that they want to talk about or go into in any detail. Why not? If the experiencers weren't so mysterious about what has happened to them, then us non-experiencers wouldn't be so inquisitive!!

Come on you experiencers of the paranormal, tell us your stories!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join