It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Nuclear War Against Iran

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Through a propaganda campaign which has enlisted the support of "authoritative" nuclear scientists, the mini-nukes are being presented as an instrument of peace rather than war. The low-yield nukes have now been cleared for "battlefield use", they are slated to be used in the next stage of America's "war on Terrorism" alongside conventional weapons:

Administration officials argue that low-yield nuclear weapons are needed as a credible deterrent against rogue states.[Iran, North Korea] Their logic is that existing nuclear weapons are too destructive to be used except in a full-scale nuclear war. Potential enemies realize this, thus they do not consider the threat of nuclear retaliation to be credible. However, low-yield nuclear weapons are less destructive, thus might conceivably be used. That would make them more effective as a deterrent. ( Opponents Surprised By Elimination of Nuke Research Funds Defense News November 29, 2004)

In an utterly twisted logic, nuclear weapons are presented as a means to building peace and preventing "collateral damage". The Pentagon has intimated, in this regard, that the ‘mini-nukes’ (with a yield of less than 5000 tons) are harmless to civilians because the explosions ‘take place under ground’. Each of these ‘mini-nukes’, nonetheless, constitutes – in terms of explosion and potential radioactive fallout – a significant fraction of the atom bomb dropped on Hiroshima in 1945. Estimates of yield for Nagasaki and Hiroshima indicate that they were respectively of 21000 and 15000 tons ( www.warbirdforum.com...

www.globalresearch.ca

When I was on 155mm howitzers in Vietnam we always had at least a few nuclear certified Marines in our unit. Nuke school was in Okinawa. Tactical nukes are nothing new, nor is there anything twisted about their deployment. Iran is on a track to develop and use nuclear weapons against Western civilization. We either stop them in their tracks or we take a hit at home and what with the violence generated in Europe by Muslims over virtually anything they can drum up, that could be anywhere.

[edit on 2006/2/4 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ox
Maybe I'm a little ignorant.. but how is Iran starting any type of war by Atomic Fuel Research?

First off Iran has bought missiles which are used for wmd.

10 March 2005
Assistant Secretary of State for Arms Control Stephen Rademaker has testified that China continues "unacceptable proliferant activity" - of particular concern are "transfers of CBW and missile-related technology" to Iran, despite sanctions. Q.C. Chen and Norinco have been identified as key suppliers, to include dual-use components, raw materials and expertise for Iran's solid-fuel missile program, and dual-use technology.
--"U.S. Catches China Transferring WMD Tech to Iran," World Tribune.com, 15 March 2005.

Excerpted from.
www.nti.org...

And also the statements from Iranian people that their university is teaching nuclear scientists in "all aspects of nuclear technology." Not to mention the statements by the Iranian president of wiping Israel off the map and attacking the west, of plunging the world into chaos so that the Imam can come back from the well he hid in the middle ages, etc, etc.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
i agree with subz. every document pointing to nuclear weapons is began with STRONG BELIEF. the IAEA...strong belief...the united states....strong belief...ect.

im still waiting for facts that they are before even considering nuking them.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
They shouldn't do with all this planning. Just do it or don't. Everyone is waiting for it. Best not disappoint.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This is my first posting as a new member. I'm not too up on ATS protocol as you may soon notice. This is a subject I was debating earlier today on Yahoo mb's. My essential viewpoint is that Iran posits no clear and present danger to the US or anyone else in terms of their probably yet to be achieved nuclear weaponry. We must remind ourselves that Israel is in possession of several hundred nukes, so that there is an imbalance of power in the Middle East.
My readings and research have indicated to me that the primary reason for US saber-rattling vis a vis Iran is that they are due to initiate a Euro-denominated Petroleum Bourse on the Vernal Equinox. With oil and gas buyable in Euros, many observers have commented that the unconstitutional fiat dollar masquerading as real money, will lose its status as the world's reserve currency. This loss of status, it is felt, will cause the dollar to essentially tank as the trillions of dollars awash across the world will soon make their way back to the US, considerably reducing the purchasing power of this currency.
To regain our lost liberties as American citizens, we need to resume national rather than private control over our money system. At present, the system with which we are saddled, the so-called "Federal" Reserve, is totally under private and mostly foreign control. Through this financial control, the NWO bankster Puppetmasters extend their control to both major US political parties and to their mass media of manipulation, mesmerization and mind control.
It is my considered opinion that Americans, including fellow members of this community, have not been sufficiently diligent in seeking out alternative sources of information and opinion and have lazily tended to rely on the spewings and the dissembling of the corporate control media.
War with Iran would pose a host of dangers to our dwindling liberties as well as to American military forces and international trade. We can expect that Iran, sitting on the high ground overlooking the 12-mile wide Straits of Hormuz, has the missilery to effectively shut off all maritime traffic through the Persian Gulf. Should that happen, worldwide oil prices will skyrocket and shortages will pop up everywhere. It is also likely that the Russians and Chinese will not react meekly to this unilateral act of AmerIsraeli aggression. Global thermonuclear war is not out of the realm of possibility should this attack take place.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz

Originally posted by namehere
subz what would it take to prove they had nukes or a hostile nuclear program, if they did?

Photos, documents, testimony from people who arent defectors who invariably try to tell the host nation what they want to hear. Any concrete evidence that is not purely "strong belief" which is the entirety of the accusations coming from both the US and the EU.

... add to that mushroom clouds over American or other western countries' cities.

Because subz doesn't seem to understand that we will will most likely never get the "proof" he seeks since their nuclear capabilities would be iran's most closely guarded secrets. Waiting to see what iran has or will do likely risks far more people's lives than taking preemptive action would. If you're are pretty certain that iran will use nuclear weapons or give them to some other terrorsists that would, you must take action before that happens.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   
What tipped the UN Vote? Why it was nuke warhead plans that Iran had.

Analysis: Behind Diplomacy: A Sense Iran Will Get The Bomb -NYTimes
Dr. ElBaradei, whom the Bush administration tried to oust from his job only a year ago, circulated a report that pointed to links between Iran's ostensibly civilian nuclear program and its military. The report characterized designs that inspectors had found in Iran, supplied by Dr. Khan's network, as clearly "related to the fabrication of nuclear weapon components." Those designs sketched out how to perfect uranium spheres, a shape that can be imploded to set off a nuclear explosion.

Those discoveries were so helpful in bolstering the case that Russia, China, Egypt, India and Yemen, among others, lined up against Iran in the 27-to-3 vote of the board of the United Nations nuclear energy agency.

Expert says it's not if but when. So how long do we wait?

"Look, the Pakistanis and the North Koreans got there, and they didn't have Iran's money or the engineering expertise," said one senior official who is instrumental in putting together the American strategy. "Sooner or later, it's going to happen. Our job is to make sure it's later." By that time, he said, the hope is that a changed or different government is in power in Tehran.

And cartoons like this will really make lots of Muslim friends.

I wonder who really thinks this isn't going to lead to war considering those great skills of diplomacy and tolerance (cough) the world exhibits lately? extra DIV

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Israel has never threatened to "wipe Palestine off the map or any other nation" and Israel has been able to fend off and defeat 6 Arab nations at once before without the help of any nukes. I don't think Israel is going to be using any nukes on anybody, and if anyone is to be blamed for Israel having nukes then people better start blaming the French government, the same government who had representatives claiming that they should also give nuclear weapons to the Arab nations.

Also people should be reminded that it has been the U.N. with backing from countries like China and Russia, which is a bit suspicious to me, are the ones that this time around are wanting to take Iran to the security council because of Iran's nuclear program, because of the statement coming from it's president and because of their actions in acquiring missiles which are for wmd.

When a regime proclaims that a nation should be wiped off the map, when they have bought missiles which sole purpose is for wmd, when their officials say that Iran's nuclear research facility will teach Iranian scientists in all aspects of nuclear technology, you can bet your life that such a nation is not trying to research nuclear technology for "peaceful purposes."

There are too many people that are willing to wait and just do something when Iran uses a nuke on Israel, but Israel and many other nations in the world are not willing to allow this.

BTW that I know of the only person who has stated they will use nukes against any terrorist attack in their nation was prime minister Chirac, it was not president Bush nor Sharon that I am aware of.

---edited to add comment---

[edit on 6-2-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Things are really starting to get heated. How much longer will the world let Iran's leadership act like this:

www.iranfocus.com...

Tehran, Iran, Feb. 13 – A senior commander of Iran’s elite Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) vowed that following the printing of insulting cartoons of Islam’s prophet Muhammad in European dailies, the Islamic Republic’s suicide volunteers abroad were being placed on readiness alert to attack Unites States and Israeli interests.

Mohammad-Reza Jaafari, the commander of Iran’s “Lovers of Martyrdom Garrison” and a Brigadier General in the IRGC, said, “Now that America is after gaining allies against the righteous Islamic Republic and wants to attack our sanctities, members of the martyrdom-seeking garrisons across the world have been put on alert so that if the Islamic Republic of Iran receives the smallest threat, the American and Israeli strategic interests will be burnt down everywhere”.

He was speaking to a group of suicide volunteers in Shahr-Rey, on the outskirts of Tehran, on Saturday evening.

In his recent speech, the commander of Iran’s suicide units hinted that the theocratic state might also make use of long-term “sleeper cells” in the West for these operations.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitalassassin
Former Mayor Koch of New York on Fox news said Iran and some other countries in the Middle East already have Nuclear weapons. And the U.S. now knows that pakistan sold them the materials and they have the nukes weaponized on shahab3 and IRBM missiles.

Have believed this for months.

Is there any other corroboration?

I wonder what ats members feel is the probability of war with Iran within 3 months?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join