It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France and the riots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I really am not trying to plug a game. But you have all heard aboutt he game "The Movies" by now.

Its like the Sims but focused on a Hollywood studio. Well, somebody made a movie within the game (you can do that) about the French riots.

French Riots

You have to download it. If your not comfortable clicking directly to it, go to Activision's website and follow the links to it.

Its about 13 minutes long. Check it out and come back here to talk about it.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Hmmm... seen it. A little bit simplistic on the edge, especially for the ending, but it truly relates to the situation of the colored people in France. Abotu the same # happens to them than what it's been in America for a long time, but most of African refugees and residents are confined into terrible suburban areas made solely of concrete appartment blocks... as far as your eyes can see.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Genfinity
I really am not trying to plug a game. But you have all heard aboutt he game "The Movies" by now.

Its like the Sims but focused on a Hollywood studio. Well, somebody made a movie within the game (you can do that) about the French riots.
You have to download it. If your not comfortable clicking directly to it, go to Activision's website and follow the links to it.

In that case you could have omitted the name of the game, many people use many game engines to make movies with their computers, as you can see in Machinima, where I first saw that movie.

And yes, its a relatively poor job, compared with some others in Machinima.

I guess that only its title made it in a small success.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
That video is a sloppy job and it doesn't scratch the surface of what ACTUALLY happened.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Nakash, of course it's an interpretation (and quite a simplistic one) of how that revolt has developed, but it's still in the right direction. THe truth is that nobody knows exactly what happened and how things have happened because none of us there in the France suburbs at the times the events have unfolded, so do most people in France too.

In fact I was there just one week before the events happened, and could witness many things on the tensions between the "white" french society and the refugees, and the crappy districts into which these were condemmed to live, jobless and without a paper.

top topics

join