It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran President & the End Times

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Iran and the End Times

Iranian President Mahmoud's Ahmadinejad's mystical pre-occupation with the coming of a Shiite Islamic messiah figure – the Mahdi – is raising concerns that a nuclear-armed Islamic Republic could trigger the kind of global conflagration he envisions will set the stage for the end of the world.

While Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has been making headlines lately by questioning whether the Holocaust actually happened, by suggesting Israel should be moved to Europe and by demanding the Jewish state be wiped off the face of the earth, his apocalyptic religious zealotry has received less attention.

READ THE REST OF THE ARTICLE..................

[edit on 6-1-2006 by Scout1959]

[edit on 1/6/06 by FredT]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Please elucidate your thougts and comments about the article you posted up for us.

Thanks
Fred

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Looks like its time to be scared, really scared, he seriously sounds like he wants to go down in history as the one having fulfilled many a prophecy.

Third anti-christ comes to mind ?

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Fred,

Those are not my thoughts or my comments.......... that's the beginning of the article that is linked.

My thoughts.................. better eliminate the threat........ before it eliminates us! This is not a man you can use diplomacy on!!!

In fact you can't use diplomacy with Islam in general! We had better strike before they have the capacity to strike us....... because they are not going to hesitate to blow us off the MAP!

Sorry if that's not very PC, but War is not supposed to be PC............. and you sure won't have a PC society with Islam calling the shots!

[edit on 6-1-2006 by Scout1959]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well, some Muslims are aching for this Mahdi Militaristic dictator from Allah. We have a name for this guy in Christianity- the son of PERDITION. Bring it on Iran. You'll lose.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
ROFL

...suggesting Israel should be moved to Europe...

Should Israel, and all the monuments that lie in her land be moved? Stone by stone, perhaps? Can you fit all of Megiddo on a supertanker? How deep would you dig, and where would Israel go?

Sorry, I know this is a serious thread... the wording just sparked my sense of the ridiculous.

My humble opinion: If Iran hates Israel, it's Israel's problem. It is not the place of the United States to strike first to prevent a war with a country that hasn't even asked us to get involved.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scout1959
Fred,

Those are not my thoughts or my comments.......... that's the beginning of the article that is linked.

My thoughts.................. better eliminate the threat........ before it eliminates us! This is not a man you can use diplomacy on!!!

Please read the following:

MEMBERS: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events,
please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.

This appears on every Reply/New Thread page.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Busymind
ROFL

...suggesting Israel should be moved to Europe...

Should Israel, and all the monuments that lie in her land be moved? Stone by stone, perhaps? Can you fit all of Megiddo on a supertanker? How deep would you dig, and where would Israel go?

Sorry, I know this is a serious thread... the wording just sparked my sense of the ridiculous.

My humble opinion: If Iran hates Israel, it's Israel's problem. It is not the place of the United States to strike first to prevent a war with a country that hasn't even asked us to get involved.

My opinion, If Iran hates Israel for religous reasons (as it seems) Its Iran's problem, Judism pre-dates Islam .

But make no mistake Iran has made it clear that they hate alot more than just Israel.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I would like to say the following:

Religion, whether it be organized and corrupt- RCC, or down right end-times samaurai- Islam) is the opiate of the masses.

PS- I am drunk and I probably wouldn't be able to post it when I'm radioactive.

Nukes and Hugs,

Rebel Saint

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
The current president of Iran is a nut and appears to be hell bent and determined to stir the pot against Isreal and the other Western nations as a matter of fact. Perhaps he is wanting to go down in history but if he makes the wrong decision and starts lobbing missles at his neighbors, he will not last too long. I feel that the U.S. and it's allies in the area would try to take this nut out before he is able to put his finger on the launch button.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   

(From original article)
Taraghi says the U.S. is "trying to place itself as the new Mahdi." This may mean no peace with Iran, he adds, "unless America changes its hegemonic ... thinking, doesn't use nuclear weapons, [or] impose its will on other nations."

Although I disagree with this bloke for the most part, I do agree with the above sentance. A doctrine of pre-emptive strikes on anyone who challanges the US's authority and comes close to matching them in power will inevitably bring extreemly negative repercussions, espeically in light of the Bush administrations current policies on, well, pretty much everything.

[B]Everyone needs to reform and accomodate change. Although this may be hard in the short term, we have to think of the children. I am thankful that the Iranian president is giving the US atleast some leeway - after all in the above quote hes only asking for what the majority of the rest of the world want to ask but dont have the balls.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
to be honest, when he says that holocast never hapened or israel should be moved to europe his not saying it for real. says it because everyone is backing israel in what ever they do. seriously how do u expect israel to move to europe or wipe it off.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Why do we have to keep heading towards destruction, is it really humankinds destiny to destroy themselfs? and why do we keep selling arms to unstable countries? and what did we as a race of people do so wrong to get tyrants and waco's governing the world? soon we will live in a world on standby. Where's the hope?

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamian
and what did we as a race of people do so wrong to get tyrants and waco's governing the world? soon we will live in a world on standby. Where's the hope?

We fell for the lies that we are incapable of governing ourselves and need rulers. It won't be civilization that destroys the world, it will be the "leaders" who do it.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Originally posted by Scout1959
Fred,

Please read the following:

MEMBERS: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events,
please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.

This appears on every Reply/New Thread page.

Sorry about that...........
........ I'm a guy............ I don't read directions...... EVER!

top topics

join