It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

buying air craft parts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
anyone know where i can buy some air craft parts to build a Model RC plane

Jet engines
frames and so on

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Jet engines. On an RC plane? Are you serious? I don't think that can be done, they would cost alot of money and I don't even think that they can be made to scale. They would just rip the plane apart. Though I may be wrong.

For frames, just do a Google.

EDIT- Okay then, I was wrong, you can get jet engines for planes, just put,

RC Jet Engines

in Google and it comes up with a few sites that sells them.

[edit on 6-1-2006 by Zanzibar]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
tried google and all i get are these sites with reviews and some US sites
no UK ones

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Oh right, the UK. Well then I bid you good luck in finding one! Us Brits don't get anything good! Especially mini jet engines.

Though I suppose you could ship one in from the states, if your willing to pay the postage.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
Oh right, the UK. Well then I bid you good luck in finding one! Us Brits don't get anything good! Especially mini jet engines.

Though I suppose you could ship one in from the states, if your willing to pay the postage.

noticed that :shk:
if i imported one i would have to pay import fees along with a large Posting charge.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
i've seen jet powered RC planes. mostly do-it-yourselfers with an automotive turbo modified to be a jet engine. A lot of the folks do happen to be British too.

Better have lots of dough for the project.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
i was looking into spreading the project of buying the parts and building it.

finding the important compents is hard

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
weeeeeelllll,

sorry a bit busy with my own projects when i am rarely off work: sounds very inter - s - ting though.

start with your power plant- all else is going to run off of that because it determines how big/how much your plane will carry
here is a great start for the power plant:
www.aardvark.co.nz...

follow that with your control system. sorry no pointers there yet.

then what ever else you plan to carry.

now you've got your payload weight by adding up above and thrust. a little airplane dynamics calcs will get you the wing area.

yada, yada, yada and you have a jet engine powered RC.

-Launch Pad
I can fly anything . . . .it is landing that is the problem.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
oops that site sells stuff now- i guess the popularity of the site has convinced the author to sell some of his stuff. I hadn't been there in a long, long time.

I hope i didn't break any rules- if so please just kill the link. Please don't fine me- i don't get many points as it is and i am not intentionally marketing anything.

if the link disappears i am very sure you can find similar under a google search (don't want to advertise that site either but what other real options are there?) for "homebuilt jet engine"

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   
We had a great RC display at the Kaneohe Bay Marine Base at the end of 2004. Some BEAUTIFUL planes out there flying around. Let me see if I still have the pics to link to up on the net.

Ok, here they are. From the Kaneohe Bay Airshow of Oct 2004. Obviously the WWII ones aren't jet powered, but the others all were. There were many jet powered planes there.

[edit on 1/7/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   
That is some sweet planes! I love the WW2 ones, they look mighty dandy. I would absoulutely love to have one, the only RC plane I have is a cheap £50 B2.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
i would love to build a f-16 like that

wounder how much it would cost

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
An awful lot most probably. Alot of money that could crash to the ground at any moment!

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
most of those look to be DUCTED FANS- driven by piston motors

real mini-jet engines usually require a bit larger aircraft don't they?- else there has been huge leaps forward in tech over the last 5 years or so.

top topics

join