It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellow Bamboo and the James Randi challenge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Surprise, surprise! A man who visited Bali to test the "Yellow Bamboo" group, who make supernatural claims that they can knock down an attacker just by shouting, has reported to me that he actually fell to the ground during the test! As soon as I get around to looking into this further, I'll give you a full report. This might actually be something�.!-- James Randi

www.randi.org...

No how is he going to con himself out of that one!!! He is gonna try to do so.

This is the yellow bamboo homepage.

www.yellowbamboo.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 08:46 AM
link   
hmmm.... According to this website they already won it.

Million Dollar Challenge Won by Yellow Bamboo

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I am in complete disbelief that someone has won the million dollar challenge. Actually, the last link you provided says that Yellow Bamboo group is a CLAIMANT to the million dollars, but must 'knock down' another "Randi representative". Jeebus, these guys (Randi, JREF) really don't want to let that money go! I will be shocked if that money enters the hands of the Yellow Bamboo group, but I hope they win it! Great find, TheBandit795!

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Like I said, Randi might try to con them.

James Randi is not to be trusted at all.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I really hope they do win it. It would be nice to see Randi with some kind of egg on his face.

I am all for skepticism, I'm as skeptic as all hell myself, but Randi is just that little bit TOO smug for me to not want to smack him.

Oh wouldnt it be funny if they managed to slap Randi down personally!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would want a photo of the look on his face then!

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Thats a great find TheBandit795!
It would be wonderful to see that money paid! It also really makes me wonder about Frank Herbert, the writer of Dune and the subsequent series. If anyone has read the books, one of the things Herbert claimed was that humans learned to use their voices as a weapon. Very interesting...

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Yeah it's a great find, but Randi might still try to screw up the whole thing.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 05:40 AM
link   
No " might" about it ........... he WILL try and screw up the whole thing.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Great find
. yep, I'm sure Randi is going to try and screw it up. But I really hope they win.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The beasts are at it again:

Randi JREForum

Yellow Bamboo-Is this for real? (JREForum)

James Randi has his own forum, as some of you may know. A group of non-believers, in just about everything, collectively share their thoughts and opinions. Some of these members are harsh cynics, just as Randi seems to be. According to them, the Yellow Bamboo member used a tazer (sp?) against the representative! Also, they expect Randi to elaborate on his commentary (posted above by TheBandit795) by saying his rep "fell to the ground laughing". Anyhow, the above links give you an idea of what kind of beasts these people are....A full blown apparition could knock these guys over the head with a rubber chicken and chances are they'll explain it away as a strong gust of wind.
Even if the Yellow Bamboo member used his paranormal abilities to knock the Randi rep over, I highly doubt they will win. The parameters of the challenge are setup in such a way that it's nearly impossible to win, if not impossible. Damn gimmicks!

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   
These people are incredible!!! Now they're claiming the rep was either kicked, or they used a stungun on him.

new topics

top topics

join