It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Al Qaida tape taunts American troop withdrawal.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

CAIRO, Egypt - Al-Qaida's No. 2, Ayman al-Zawahri, said in a videotape aired Friday that the United States' recent decision to withdraw some troops from Iraq represented "the victory of Islam."

Al-Zawahri, wearing a white turban and gray robe and seated next to an automatic rifle, waved his finger for emphasis as he spoke in the two-minute excerpt aired by Al-Jazeera.

"I congratulate (the Islamic nation) for the victory of Islam in Iraq," he said.

Al-Zawahri apparently was referring to comments last month by Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld, who said President Bush had authorized new troop cuts below the 138,000 level that prevailed for most of last year.

Rumsfeld did not reveal the exact size of the cut, but the Pentagon said the reductions would be about 7,000 troops, about the size of two combat brigades. The Pentagon has not announced a timetable for troop reductions, but indications are that the force could be cut significantly by the end of this year.

"You remember I told you more than a year ago that the American withdrawal from Iraq is only a matter of time, and here they are now ... negotiating with the mujahedeen," al-Zawahri said.

"Bush was forced at the end of last year to announce that he will pull out his forces from Iraq, but he was giving excuses for his withdrawal that the Iraqi forces have reached a good level."

Bush has not offered concrete details about bringing troops home but said Wednesday that "possible adjustments" would be discussed with Iraqi leaders if progress continued on security and political efforts.

Al-Zawahri said the American forces "with their planes, missiles, tanks and fleets are mourning and bleeding, seeking for a getaway from Iraq."

Victory my butt. Still have to deal with the Iraqi forces and to establish an Islamic nation in their view. Let see how they can do that.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'm glad you posted this. It's amazing that they are now echoing the same kind of rhetoric you are hearing in the US.

Are they doing it because they know it will feed in to all the anti-war rhetoric?

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
with the amount of tapes these supposidly Iraqi Terrorist leaders release
i am supprised they havent opend their own TV channel

funny part they always seem to appear when bush seems to be going down with support or something

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Umm... this tape is from Ayman al-Zawahri, are you going to question his existence too?
They do have their own channel its called A Jazeera, Al-Qaeda also has it's own production company called Al-Sahab.

They release statements like this to try and gain support for their organization, and to also just piss us off.

[edit on 6-1-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yea that makes perfect sense...they are doing it to ''piss us off''. What makes more sense is that Bush is doing it to try to boost his image, dampen the image of his terrorist puppets, and gain more approval ratings and support; just like with the anthrax; just like with the new york subway scare; just like with the supposed ''Bin Laden confession tape'' which couldnt have been him unless he had a major nose job, had a terrible cold which distorted his voice, and suddenly turned right-handed!

Bush's approval rating go up when there is an event. Blairs approval ratings go up when there is an event. What ''muslim extremist'' in his right mind, would carry out operations that would empower the very people they are claiming to be fighting against!? Its a total and complete fraud. Its a total contradiction.

Face the facts. The people who control your loving government, and all other loving governments, are behind all this.

[edit on 6-1-2006 by LetKnowledgeDrop]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

He's an Al-Qaeda leader cheering on his soldiers in Iraq and I think they do have their own channel.

[edit on 6-1-2006 by Dronetek]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
dont know why you replied to my post even so your on ignore

baffles me why they even have the feature if people on ignore can read your posts.

even so might aswell reply.

A Jazeera and Fox and so on are twisted and broadcast anything after s**ing it up

also

A Jazeera isnt owned Zawahri and so forth

i dont deny they exist
just funny how they pop up when bush is in need of some amunition to use to gaain support.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   

just funny how they pop up when bush is in need of some amunition to use to gaain support.

NEWS FLASH! THE WAR IS REAL AND THE TERRORISTS REALLY WANT TO KILL US.

It's really not the sham some would have you believe.

You dont think the constant and ever growing civilian targets/casualties arent ammunition enough? The fact they behead living human beings isnt enough? Not to mention the people they behead tend to be aide workers and humanitarians. These people are then videotaped and shown to the world and that isnt enough ammunition?

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This is simply NOT true. Thats my opinion, but that is also the reality.

Bush's approval rating go up when there is an event. Blairs approval ratings go up when there is an event. What ''muslim extremist'' in his right mind, would carry out operations that would empower the very people they are claiming to be fighting against!? Its a total and complete fraud. Its a total contradiction

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek

NEWS FLASH! THE WAR IS REAL AND THE TERRORIST REALLY WAN TO KILL US.

It's really not the sham some would have you believe.

sorry from most of our point of view it looks like a sham

bush gets bashed in the US his buddies in Iraq or somewhere in a cave pops up with a tape recording.

everyone has their own prospective on things

also remember to keep ur finger off Shift or take caps lock off

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
What is not true?
The beheadings?
That there is a war going on?
That the tape is al-zakawi?
That this war is costing lives?
What is not true?

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
What is not true?

The beheadings?

this could easily be done by CIA oprative in Iraq
easy way to gain more support for US action

That there is a war going on?

thought the war ended over a year ago

That the tape is al-zakawi?

let me think about that *thinks for a sec*
yeah its him most likely pre recorded to be released when its convinient for the Bush admin

What is not true?

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   

funny part they always seem to appear when bush seems to be going down with support or something

May I inquire as to what Bush needs support for? I can tell you that Bush‘s approval rating was going up long before this tape came out.

What ''muslim extremist'' in his right mind, would carry out operations that would empower the very people they are claiming to be fighting against!?

You must remember that these are the same people that think if they blow themselves up they will go to heaven with 72 virgins, lets not over estimate their intelligence here

Also, what evidence do you base this theory that the US controls everything on?

this could easily be done by CIA oprative in Iraq
easy way to gain more support for US action

Umm... since when is could taken as fact when the accuser presents absolutely no evidence for his assertions?

[edit on 6-1-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Ok, then I guess that I must have had my head in the sand for the past few years. All the deaths, the torture, the theft allegations against the US and the US military must also be lies.
All the dead bodies on both sides are just manakins
The soldiers as well as the civilians who have been wounded must have hurt themselves

Boy this news will definately take the wind out of the anti american rhertoric that has been floating arounf the world the last few years.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Ok, then I guess that I must have had my head in the sand for the past few years. All the deaths, the torture, the theft allegations against the US and the US military must also be lies.
All the dead bodies on both sides are just manakins
The soldiers as well as the civilians who have been wounded must have hurt themselves

Boy this news will definately take the wind out of the anti american rhertoric that has been floating arounf the world the last few years.

should of explained my reply more

my reply was based on things that i have read in papers on how people have staged beheadings.

also i said Could meaning the CIA could be behind some

all the torture and so on have been proved by us investigations and so on
neither am i denying the suvilian deaths and so on.

so no need to be sarcastic

ps would you like me to go more into detail about my reply?

also WestPoint23 do me a faver mate dont reply to me

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Do me a favor mate, read this and guide yourself accordingly:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Do me a favor mate, read this and guide yourself accordingly:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

sure mate

just read it

one question thow
since this is a conspiricy forum politics does play a small role in it

example
Tape released - Rep goes up for group *censored for sake of intrepid*

so i cant point out any political group?
that gains from it

[edit on 6-1-2006 by bodrul]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
bodrul,
Sorry, post was actually directed to LetKnowledgeDrop, who before he had edited the post had only

This is simply NOT true. Thats my opinion, but that is also the reality.

In his post.
I apologize for the sarcasm also. When readin your post after reading LetKnowledgeDrop it looked like some were in denial of current events.
You know the old say about assuming

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

my reply was based on things that i have read in papers on how people have staged beheadings.

You do realize that these terrorist groups not only take credit for these actions, but have parades and telethons for suicide bombers?

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

You can put someone on ignore but you have no right to tell ANYONE not to post. Before claiming bias I enjoy reading a Muslims point of view on this mess but only the staff can determine who posts and who dont.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join