It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sylvia Browne is a Fraud. (Miner Mistake)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
By now you have no doubt heard about the tragic story of the West Virginia coal miners who were trapped in a coal mine after an explosion. Sadly all but one of them died and his condition is still serious. Word came out earlier that all of the miners had been found alive. The families were happy, newspapers printed the story and later we all found out the tragic news that only one had survived.

Newspapers were embarrassed, families were enraged. Among those that goofed this, none blew it bigger than Sylvia Browne. This last Wed. night she was on Coast to Coast (am radio show) and made the comment that she felt they all survived.

George Noory(host): "Had you been on the program today, would [you] have felt if — because they heard no sound — that this was a very gloomy moment — and that they might have all died?"

Sylvia Browne: "No. I knew they were going to be found. I hate people that say something after the fact. It’s just like I knew when the pope was dead".

Of course later she learns to her horror that all but one of the miners died.

TV Psychic Misses Mark on Miners
Noory soon announced that there were new reports that all but one of the miners was dead.

Browne — who was still in the studio taking questions from listeners — had to say something. Now she was just riffing: "I don’t think there’s anybody alive, maybe one. How crazy for them to report that they were alive when they weren’t!" Then she added: "I just don’t think they are alive." She cleared her throat, and there was a deafening pause.

Noory went to a commercial.

visit link for entire article

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
That kind of reminds me of when Milli Vanilli got caught lip-syncing on stage after a certain part of the song started playing in an endless loop!

"Girl you know it's.....girl you know it's.........girl you know it's..........girl you know it's..........."

I love it when people get exposed like that.

Peace

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Sylvia Browne is a well known fraud.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
...or maybe she was just wrong. People can make mistakes.

I am not saying that she is or isn't a fraud, but I do know that true psycics make bad calls sometimes.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
It's a shame that Sylvia Browne is so well known. She makes it look like anyone with a 'gift' is a phony.
I'm glad to see when people like this are exposed but it really damages the credibility or people with real gifts.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
How do people buy into her schtick? James Randi has a "Sylvia Browne clock" on his site showing elapsed time since she's agreed to be tested for the "million dollar challenge". Currently, it's up to 222 weeks. Amazing.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
maybe her "psycic signal" was messed up cause of how deep they were, or some mineral in the rocks or something.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
No matter how wrong Syliva Browne is... ever. She will still have fans who "believe" I guess its just human nature to want to believe.

As always there will be someone to defend her. It's almost like a religion.

faking the funk can be tricky.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 56
maybe her "psycic signal" was messed up cause of how deep they were, or some mineral in the rocks or something.

I will give some theoretical thought as to why all this maybe more than just a (Miner Mistake)

What if worldlines bump or bleed over into our world, they may cut across or overlap each other. We are aware of coincidence, but not aware of intersecting worldlines that coexistence for a short instance of time in our world.

We would not be conscious of "Miner" bumps from other worldlines into ours because they happen so fast.
"So fast like distance divided by time is greater than the speed of light."

We consciously explain away the instant "Miner" worldine bumps as something else that we comprehend in our reality, maybe something like a (Miner Mistake).

There may be potential barriers between intersecting worldlines, something like in Quantum Tunneling
For example a particle can disappear in one location and at the same instant reappear at another location if the wave associated with the particle extends to the other location. "Bleed over from worldlines would be like these waves."

What I'm trying to say here is we possibly witnessed a firsthand account of worldline tunneling. Those West Virginia coal miners where actually "alive" when they said "12 Alive." "Miracle in the Mine." "They're Alive!" but three hours later came the terrible news 1 alive 12 dead, where as 12 where alive 1 dead.

Maybe it is coincidence they where actually in two tunnels. One can only imagine what the news is like in the other worldline that the miners jumped into, if true. Switching the living for the dead seems cruel, but not so ruthless if they are living in another worldline.

It is possible a worldline to worldline transition took place before our very own eyes, those 12 coal miners are still alive but not in our world anymore. In one instant everything changed so fast our minds can not comprehend what really happened. So we consciously explain away this mishap on the "media, communication, the mine company, family members, the governor, the president" the list goes on and on about who fault it is, though the media says "It was unfortunate timing." That part is true.

It is possible that everyone can be consciously tricked by worldline to worldline transitions. Maybe we all have been duped.

I must say, I'm not defending Sylvia Browne. I'm just saying maybe we all make the "Miner Mistake" by pointing our fingers at something we do not comprehend.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
They werer alive for hours after the explosion..10 hours or longer.
I wonder were they alive when she made the statement?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
How do people buy into her schtick? James Randi has a "Sylvia Browne clock" on his site showing elapsed time since she's agreed to be tested for the "million dollar challenge". Currently, it's up to 222 weeks. Amazing.

James Randi is a fraud and a cheat. He has no plans to give his money away because he will never admit when someone is genuine.

[edit on 1-13-2006 by groingrinder]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
How do people like Sylvia Browne, if frauds, read people's minds and futures? I've watched many Montel shows which show her talking to people, how does she do it then? It can't possibly be real, but how does it work?

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I saw Silvia Browne, along with others of her ilk, on Larry King the other night. She's been offered a million dollars by the "Skeptic Society" to be tested for her abilities, but of course she refuses because she's a self contained industry making $700 for a half hour phone session and selling jewelry with designs she feels come from the other side.

I don't know for certain, but because Sylvia Browne has spiritual counseling services and what sounds like her own religion, I wouldn't doubt that she gets a hefty tax-break on those services.

From her list of predictions for the next 100 years, this is my favorite:

Medicine in pill form goes away; instead we have air-injected delivery through the skin.

The Next 100 Years

When I went through boot camp in 1967 and for every mass inoculation thereafter while I was in the Marine Corps, Navy Corpsmen used just such an "air-injected delivery" system, but for some reason pills have not disappeared and I somehow doubt that they ever will, because pills are simple, painless, cheap, and effective.

However, I can see why she might predict such a thing when a Google Search turns up new needless insulin injection systems, but almost nothing about the earlier, more expensive, less convenient technology, unless you're familiar with the term jetgun.

[edit on 2006/1/20 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

James Randi is a fraud and a cheat. He has no plans to give his money away because he will never admit when someone is genuine.

That's certainly one opinion. Or could it be that no one has as of yet met the criteria for collecting? Sylvia originally agreed to be tested and her non-response since then speaks volumes. To me.

Originally posted by rufusaur
I've watched many Montel shows which show her talking to people, how does she do it then? It can't possibly be real, but how does it work?

It's called "cold reading" and although it requires some considerable skill to do it convincingly, there's nothing supernatural about it. IMHO.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Sylvia Brown........where do you start with this piece of work.

I know people will always have a need to beilive and follow in blind faith but this women is as transparent as glass.There are alot of very gifted psychics in the world today and its too bad that she gives alot of them a bad name.
Parker

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I do think Sylvia Browne and others give psychics a bad name. I think alot of it is what's called cold reading. They ask a question like was someone in your family an engineer? She says no. They say, I'm seeing train tracks and a train. She says, oh my my cousin Donny who passed away used to drive for Amtrak. They then say that's who must be coming through. They ask, did he have trouble breathing before he died. Now how many people have trouble with breathing before they die? I say that would cover a wide range of diseases. If you notice some of them talk really fast because they are fishing.

I think if you want to see some real psychics check out shows like Psychic Detective on Court TV. You have psychics on there that have a sketch drawn up of a criminal before the police even have a suspect. They have police veterans actually vouching for them. I know skeptics want people to believe that a 60 yr. old Grandma made a 30 year police veteran look stupid, but I don't think that's the case. Many of these psychics talk as thought their ability is a sixth sense. This leads me to believe that this has something to do with the firing of synapses. I think children are more aware than adults. I think adults are more self-aware. Children believe in things easier than adults because they are aware of more things than adults. The human brain contains a huge number of chemical synapses, with young children having about 10/16 synapses (10,000 trillion). This number declines with age, stabilizing by adulthood. Estimates for an adult vary from 10/15 to 5 × 10/15 synapses (1,000 to 5,000 trillion). The uncertainty principle tells us that a certain percentage of adults will not have a full decline in their synapses. These people might be what we call psychic. This could actually be tested in a lab. I think it doesn't make sense to deny certain things in paranormal circles because I've always said that supernatural events are natural events that we have yet to explain and it makes more sense to explore these things then to dismiss them out of hand.

“The day Science begins to study nonphysical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all previous centuries of its existence.” NIKOLA TESLA

[edit on 28-12-2006 by polomontana]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I think she might of had abilities a long time ago, but that she has lost them somehow. Money? Fame? Negativity? These are reasons that could of eroded her abilites.

THere is a really good site that chronicles her huge mistakes. Check it out...
www.stopsylviabrowne.com

AlphaC

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Sylvia BS Browne caught on Montel trying to cover her butt, then Montel trys to cover her too.

Sad Sad Sad. But really Funny too.

911 Women talks to Sylvia

www.youtube.com...

Another one

www.youtube.com...

And her 2007 predictions.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 4-1-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
She says the troops will come home every year. She been saying it since 2004 and then keeps changing it and adding a year.

One day it will come true and Sylvia 'Money Grabbing Fraud' Browne will take credit for it.

She is evil.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Shes an odd one for me because, for some reason, I like her as a person. I like her 'vibes' but honestly, I would never buy into anything she had to say.

I have read too many books. I would never reach for one of hers... ever. Of all the people in the world, she would be the last place I would look to for enlightenment.

The Jane Dixon of the after world, if you will.

At best, I see her as fortune cookie, to be enjoyed but not looked to as a guide by any means.

Equal to yahoos daily horoscope. And about as general.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join