It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brown Recluse Spider

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

I think I got bitten by one many years ago. Something was eating my leg. I went to the doctors and he gave me an antibiotic that was a hundred bucks for five pills. It took care of it but I still have a scar. My neighbor wasn't so lucky, he wound up with a deep hole in his leg before it quit eating away at him. He lived but had a big dent after it healed. We both got it around the same time, within a day. I was at his house sitting on the picnic table just before I had it happened, either I brought the spider there or they were there and I got bit. They weren't supposed to be here but were verified around here a couple of years later.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

That is a bit of a tragic story. As far as the bite and related localized damage, no long term effects. However he was so happy about the cure for his skin condition he quit using the drugs he was on for 30 years. He was a bit overweight and went on a diet, started exercising, etc. The happiest he had been his entire life. About 2 months after the miraculous cure, he bent over to pick up a piece of paper and something went snap in his back. Apparently the drugs he had been on had effected his bones in a negative way. He is now in a wheelchair. His skin looks fine though. His back injury had nothing to do with the spider bite other than his quiting the drugs they had him on cold turkey. Murphy's law i suppose.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join