Brown Recluse Spider

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

You do that. And I look forward to that U2U. There's something else that may reverse some of your condition, but I don't have it right now, and likely won't for months. Mine broke. And it's a one-of-a-kind that I'm having duplicated. It is phenomenal!

I recall in the military, our clackers (small hand activated spark generators) used to ignite Claymores were simple, compact, and very durable. Of course they didn't put out enough voltage to do what we're talking about, but that's just a matter of specific design that could be easily modified.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
If your daughter is in the hands of the doctors she will probably be fine.

I know its hard on here to see the dates of OP's, but just so you know the original post on this thread is over TWO years old.

Just FYI! Hope she came out okay. . .

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

High voltage eh? Interesting.

I hate spiders sooooo much. After the first time one tried to get me, I could barely sleep. I was soooo afraid that one was coming to get me. On the couch I had my legs up. In the bed I was so afraid to sleep for fear one would crawl in and bite me on my face or something. LOL Sounds funny now but man, I was near ready for a straight jacket! Seriously. I would not sleep. Esp at night. Because of the dark and how they like the dark. Half hour before dark I would get nervous. I could only sleep for a couple of hours during the day each day. My husband couldn't figure out why I was so terrified. He must of talked with some other guys because one day he suddenly changed and took me seriously and started taking measures to help out. Our house (which we are moving back into in Feb 09) is old and there are a lot of places with gaps between the wall and floor. And the basement is like an after thought (dirty walls dug out bit by bit). To think they come from the basement creeps me out sooooo much. He's been working on the house bit by bit sealing all the gaps.

It's been 13 months since I have been in the house. (Because of my work I live where I work in another town). The last time I was there, spiders were out bathing in the sun on the side of our house. I kid you not, halfway up the house all around the house were spiders. Normal looking black spiders. We were out there whacking them with brooms. Out of every hundred (estimate) was one brown recluse. And they only came out because of the broom pounding on the walls of the house. It was just like a friggin spider horror movie. LOL ~gulp~

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I have been bit bunches, the last one was just 2 weeks ago...

The bite itself wasn't deathly... but what I always underestimate is the blood poisoning, I was sick still a couple of days this week...

Bite on my leg is down to a small mark, but weird muscle issues in back and hip...stinks

But, I never go to the doc for things, I have been bit by The Brown recluse several times... and this time was the lightest results yet... Local tissue wise it was just a bad pop about the size of nickel and burst in under 2 days

was surprised I got the blood poisoning at all

Like anything else, the more it happens, the more immune you get so I just suffer through these things rather than seek treatment

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Hey Mopus, better rethink that immune system thing. Frequently, especially with insect bites, it works just the opposite.

Minor problem, minor problem, no problem, no problem, and out of the blue, your system goes into overdrive vapor-lock!

Ask your doctor. I'm not joking, and the brown recluse normally does such tissue damage, rotting out masses, and there's really little the doctors can do.

Be real careful, man.

I've been bitten three times by snakes - one rattler, one moccasin, and the other was in Vietnam in the dark, but fortunately, it was a hemotoxic snake and my arm only got about four times normal size.

To tell the truth, that last SOB burned just as much as the first two!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Unlike you I need to seek medical treatment right away. I am allergic to spider bites. I never used to be. Just happened over the years. After a while the body just can't take it or something. Like the time I was bitten by the wolf spider and then next day a very dark line was halfway up my arm. I was rushed to hospital for a needle. Any spider who bites me, I swell up real bad. I was told that a bite from a recluse will kill me because I am allergic. That is what terrifies me. Seems the older I get the worse things are. I never used to be allergic to lobster. All of a sudden I am. Bee stings too. Never used to bother me. Then next I would swell up real bad and then the last time I had troubles breathing and very bad chest pains. Sucks!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Interesting and TY

Get bit allot here in AZ, and that hasn't happened yet, but being wary of it... that I could have a reverse reaction one day is appreciated

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BindareDundat

That is not good,bd; have you been to an endocrinologist? of late I haven't been bitten by anything other than mosquitos, and they have started to raise good sized whelps; the endo i see is treating me for a very hyper-active thyroid, and told me that the meds i take to slow my metabolism also affect my auto-immune system, hence the reaction to the 'skeeters. Please be careful.

spiders, like fleas, do not like talcum powder; the fine particles irritate their lungs and will suffocate them.

seeker

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

I have never been to see an endocrinologist, perhaps I should. That is interesting about talcum powder. As a child I used to use Baby Powder after every bath. Perhaps I should do that again. I love the smell of it.

My gosh it is hard to believe that spiders have lungs and all. LOL Considering the size of those things. ~shivers~

My Nanny in Australia (who recently passed away) used to tell me that I reminded her of someone in the family from long ago who died 5 years after being bitten by a poisonous spider. Apparently I look like her and act like her. ~shivers~

I haven't had any for a while, but I found when I ate Vegemite the mosquito bites were less annoying. And another thing about Vegemite, it helps get rid of the nausea for me.

I will look into seeing an endocrinologist. I wonder how difficult that would be around here?

You take care!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I found that in South America where doctors are rare, and poisonous bites are common, they use voltage from boat or car motors to neutralize the poison. Apparently a poison is a delicate protein structure. Very delicate. When you pop the tissue with high voltage, if only one molecule is removed, or knocked loose, it's no longer the same toxin, and will be quickly broken down by our own enzymes and absorbed.

Wow. I love stuff like this! How interesting and useful too.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Dusting off this older thread, have been bitten night before last and am seeking help at home without having to go to a DR. (last resort) I tried to look up treatments online but it was just scary information and tons of grotesque pictures of worst case scenario.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
here's the skinny......both black wodows and brown recluses are staying in dark places....if you see a spider with no fuzz on its legs it's a bad one....the brown recluses have 24 species at least....92% of them have round pastel colored (some different colors) abdomen...and travel out in in the lighted areas, and move medium fast.....when ya see that little brown dot crawling ....SMASH......what I do.....ya get good at spotting that "no fuzz"

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I had a friend who was bitten by a BRS on the top of her foot. It was developing into a nasty sore. She used a
charcoal poultice to draw out the poison and it healed up quickly.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Dusting off this older thread, have been bitten night before last and am seeking help at home without having to go to a DR. (last resort) I tried to look up treatments online but it was just scary information and tons of grotesque pictures of worst case scenario.

Thanks in advance.

I was bitten yrs ago by a BR... and have the hole in my leg to show. Many times the bites will give you a staph infection. I was just unlucky enough that it did. If you notice any infection.. go IMMEDIATELY to the Dr. Mine spread right before my eyes just 2 days after the initial bite.. within hours of the hole looking infected it was quite bad. BRs wil cause the tissue around the bite to become necrotic and sometimes have to be cut away... and their venom is hemotoxic. You can get the systemic symptoms or not.. and the actual effects of the venom are completely separate from the staph.
If you were actually bitten by a recluse.. and it was a full bite.. youll know when you need to go to the ER. You cant mistake the systemic symptoms.. and theyre pretty rough.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I wonder...my father was bitten and got medical treatment. 2 weeks later he died of a heart attack. Strange...

CJ

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by Advantage

I wonder...my father was bitten and got medical treatment. 2 weeks later he died of a heart attack. Strange...

CJ

DOnt know, but if it was a recluse.. Id really think it was on the lower end of possibilities. Im sorry to hear it though. Please accept my condolences.

I dont know of ANY antivenom for recluse bites, but some of the stuff they treat it with are pretty rough. The steroids and etc. My degree is in science and I wanted to be an entomologist before I found I wouldnt make much and got a different degree.
We did learn a bit about more severe systemic effects of different venom.. BR being one. I got a good solid bite on my face from an Indian Ornamental a while back.. I have bred more exotic arachnids for yrs in the hobby business.. the systemic effects were crappy.. but depending on the person and their issues, I imagine it would be pretty terrible. Though rarely fatal. With N. American spiders death happens very rarely and mainly in those with other health issues, immunosuppression, etc.. given that it effects the major organs. How much venom you get depends on ow good of a bite you get ie glancing bites dont inject as much as a full on solid bite or multiple bites. Systemic loxoscelism can kill, but like I said.. rarely and under certain health conditions.

If youd have said it was a Black Widow.. Id have thought it was much more possible... as the elderly are at more risk with a neurotoxin.

ALl in all, both are pretty mild venom and there are NO actual killer spiders in North America. WHEW. Its really the anomaly when anyone dies from either bite.

Hope this helps

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

Put baking soda on it, a topical mash up of water and powder. They are nasty, and the bicarbonate helps a lot.

Baking soda ameliorates shingles as well as bites. I have seen the bite of a recluse and yes the home remedy works.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
A friend of mine had psoriasis pretty bad for 30+ years. Doctors could do nothing for it. One day he was moving stuff around in his garage and was bitten by a brown recluse spider. It cured his psoriasis within a week. It never came back either.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I had a recluse bite about thirty five years ago. It was bad not because of pain, but because of the tissue damage. About one fourth of my face scabbed over. I did not go to a doctor and did not want to appear in public for months. I eventually lost my job and became homeless. It looks better now, but you can still see light and dark patches on my face similar to a burn victim.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
A friend of mine had psoriasis pretty bad for 30+ years. Doctors could do nothing for it. One day he was moving stuff around in his garage and was bitten by a brown recluse spider. It cured his psoriasis within a week. It never came back either.

What negative effects did he suffer from the bite? Just curious.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join