It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brown Recluse Spider

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
You don't really seem to need to fear her dying or getting ill (especially after a week).

But what you can and should expect is that the entire area that got discolored from the bite can become necrotic and will leave a gigantic scarred patch.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Magica,

I live in Florida and was bitten two years ago on a knuckle. It got worse and worse, and when it looked like large sections of my hand were turning from purple to gray, I took drastic measures.

I found that in South America where doctors are rare, and poisonous bites are common, they use voltage from boat or car motors to neutralize the poison.

Apparently a poison is a delicate protein structure. Very delicate. When you pop the tissue with high voltage, if only one molecule is removed, or knocked loose, it's no longer the same toxin, and will be quickly broken down by our own enzymes and absorbed.

I've since told my kids and everyone I know that in the event of a bite of any poison, they have to hit it with low amp, high voltage.

When my son-in-law came over, I asked for his help. We dragged out my lawnmower, I disconnected the spark plug wire, and to make a long story short, I took two pulls and about six arcs directly into the affected area.

The relief was immediate. The pain was completely gone within five minutes.

Any outboard motor, lawnmower, car engine, or likewise can provide the voltage, and while most uncomfortable for a few milliseconds, it sure saves a lot of tissue. The only thing doctors can do is help remove the dead tissue and work against infection.

I was told there is a hand-held device that does the same thing.

Next time, I won't hesitate. Snake bite, bug bite, spider bite. Six or so sparks, and my problem is already over.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

Check this out for a spider bite, thank christ I live in a cold country. I pity anyone who gets bit by one of these things.

Some time ago while helping my uncle underneath the car, a spider bit me on the arse, dear loving god it hurt, so i can only imagine what one of the nasties you have in the states is like.

SPIDERS, yet one more reason why Jesus is imaginary

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Sweet Jesus, warn a man will ya!

Not for the faint of heart.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Thanks for one of the most useful posts posts I've come across on ATS, Ever thought of designing something portable like a mini taser, that could be carried in a first aid kit?

This may sound daft but if zapping with voltage really does work then why not market it? I would if I lived in a country that was prone to bites and I had a couple of quid spare to develope it.

If you do and make a lot of cash please remember moocowman

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kellter

Sweet Jesus, warn a man will ya!

Not for the faint of heart.

Oh yeah sorry dude I forgot to mention the -

ABOVE VIDEO IS PRETTY DISGUSTING, AND THE OTHER VIDEOS ARE DEFINATELY NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED .

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
interesting dooper,

High voltage destroys the protein chain making the venom in active. Makes sense. Yet another interesting thing high voltage electricity can do. Reference to another thread.

My sisters fiance is a para jumper/forward air controller in the Air Force. he was the leader of his squadron (what the AF calls their cammando platoon units) and while they were training in the florida thickets a recluse bit one of his men. THe guy had to stop the excercise and get him back to the base hospital. His commanders when he radioed in told him to abort the excercise and return. So recluse bites are pretty nasty. but I'm positive the girl will be fine although she will have a bad looking sceloid (sp) scare for the rest of her life because of the bight.

Black widow bites. no big deal. been bitten twice by those unsavory pests. you feel like crap afterwards and get flu like symptoms for a few days and weird muscle spasms near the bight. the wound until it heals feels like a boil or bad ingrown hair and turns purple. but it's not bad somewhere around the sting of a sculpin in nastyness.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

PLEASE READ MY RECENT THREAD
www.belowtopsecret.com...

I have also discovered that one of the very best cures for a brown recluse bite is Collodial silver. Take it and put a drop on the affected area as well as internally.

I have some that is 10ppm. It Works!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
if they treat it quick enough she will be fine, but recluse bite eat up and decay the skin around it so if she had waited awhile they would have had to remove the skin surrounding the bite.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Actually, any amateur electronics guy can build one. You want the voltage somewhere between 30,000 to 40,000 volts, with the tiniest amperage possible. It stings each time as anyone who's ever unintentionally been bitten by a spark plug wire. But it's immediately over. The pain. The tissue damage. All of it.

My son-in-law was a TACP instructor, and couldn't believe it. Said it would come in real handy with the occasional snake bite on the students.

I havent' tried, but look online. There may be a device already on the market.

I was talking to a Doctor about it the other day, he said he'd never heard such a thing, but was going to follow up and see what he could determine.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I hate spiders and the Brown Recluse is the worst experience I ever had. 2 yrs ago during my Internet radio show I caught a glimpse of something coming over the edge of my desk. I bunch of legs. The instant I saw it I moved my hand from the desk and it was already at my hand. The front legs touched it but I was too quick to give it a chance to bite me. Anyway, I tried not to let the audience know what I was going through and let my guest speak away. Meanwhile this friggen spider was at the edge of the desk sizing me up wondering how the hell I got away. I knew if I didn't do something quick it would jump onto my lap and get me. It looked pissed to tell you the truth. Scared the bleep out of me. Something wasn't right about this dude. Never seen such a nasty looking thing. So with my right hand I moved a tad to keep it occupied while my left hand grabbed my pack of smokes. I squashed it. Shaken I decided after the show to check out what kind of spider it was. Turns out it was a male adult brown recluse.

Anyway, the brown recluse spider is super fast. Very, very, very fast. It has 6 eyes as opposed to other spiders who have eight eyes. The body is no larger than half an inch but the legs are friggen long.

One was hidden under the facecloth that was draped over the bathtub faucet. I nearly moved the facecloth but thought otherwise. Anyway, I turned to undress as my tub was running and then heard a huge splash. All I could see in the water was a mass of legs. Again, another friggin brown recluse spider. I ended up buying spider traps (sticky things) and also a Brown Recluse First Aid Kit online.

First Aid Kit and glue traps. If you capture one in a glue trap do not attempt to touch it.

Apparently these guys are not suppose to be here in Saskatchewan. They are from southeastern USA but have been moving quite a bit!

If you suspect you may have them, and need to enter a room, it is best to turn on a light 30 minutes before entering to let them know you intend to be in there.

If the guest bed hasn't been slept in for a while, I would check the bed out thoroughly before using it. Also, try to keep blankets from touching the floor.

Now I have been bitten by a wolf spider before. The next day I had a line up my arm and had to be rushed into the hospital for a needle.

The brown recluse venom is different. It does not travel in your blood stream. There is one image I cannot forget. I found it again and will share it below:

intitial bite

9 or 10 days later

Now I have heard that a brown recluse was put into a container with a black widow spider to see which one was deadlier and would win. A couple of days later the black widow was dead. The brown recluse managed to kill it by lunging at it to bite it.

I have also heard that people have made the mistake of calling a hobo spider a brown recluse.

Now these guys are not suppose to be aggressive, according to what I have read. My first incident I had was pretty freaky since it sought me out to attack me. There was a reason for this. It was not a house spider to begin with but came in from the outside. My husband removed a chimney from a wood stove. He sealed the roof and reshingled but never closed the ceiling hole yet where the rafters were. It come in from there and then explored the inside and found me. So it came after me. This freaked me out more than anything.

There are many sites with information on them. This is just one.

In our home I have encountered the wolf spider, hobo spider, brown recluse spider and some other ones I am not sure about. I often wonder if the hobo, recluse and wolf have been interbreeding or not because I am seeing some different kinds of spiders lately which look like crosses.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Well dude, having followed this thread and considering the 400000 volts to sort out a very small insect bite, I have come to the conclusion that god was a madman.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BindareDundat

That is exactly what my hand looked like early, but it kept getting worse and worse, and the tissue toward the middle began to lose color and go gray.

That's when I used the high voltage. From the last photograph, it looks like I saved myself a lot of trouble and tissue.

I didn't enjoy it, but it came down to a few milliseconds of discomfort, or losing a lot of tissue and god only knows what else.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I wish I had known about the high voltage treatment in 1985; I got bit on the inside of my calf, the docs treated me with antibiotics and after a few weeks it was better, but 15 years later I am in the hospital praying they aren't going to amputate my leg; veinous damage from a spider bite, they said; still have my leg, but it will never completely heal, had a pulmunary embolism from it also, and they think it was a brown recluse that bit me.

thanks for the info.

seeker.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

Holy crap! You may lose your leg?

My bite was on my middle (social) finger, and it had turned bad down the middle of my hand.

I'll try and research to see if I can find a commercial unit. Those stun-guns are way too much, but then again, it should be easy enough for a stun-gun manufacturer to unwind a bit and it would make a great treatment tool.

Good luck! And I mean it.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
when i moved to TN i learned about black widow's and how scary they were-----however the brown recluse is much worse

i heard they are the worst and most dangerous to be bit by---worse than a black widow for sure!!!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
My father was bitten by a Brown recluse, just below the knee of his right leg. That was where they amputated his leg.

He didn't think it was serious and let it go until it was too late.

The bite of a Brown recluse is treatable, you just need to get to the doctor in time. Don't ignore it or hope your immune system will deal with it. It won't.

I don't know of anyone who has actually died from the bite of a Brown Recluse, but I know my father ignored the bite and it cost him dearly.

If your daughter is in the hands of the doctors she will probably be fine.

It's about the time between you get bitten and the time you get treatment.

In most cases it is nothing more than annoying. Doctors, meds, pain and recovery.

It should never be ignored though.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

it's been interesting for the last 8 years, i will be on blood thinners from now on, and i have to walk a lot, but so far the leg is hanging in there;

does the shock work on bee stings,too? i might see if I can come up with something on this.

thanks for your concern, friend

seeker

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

About those bee stings. I only heard this, so for whatever it's worth.

If I recall, a man was on his property and accidentally kicked a hornet's nest (I know, these aren't bees) and staggered in his haste into his own electric fence. Of course it pulsed and bit the crap out of him before he could get back out of it.

And oddly, he didn't suffer from the stings as he just knew he would.

Most poisons from either insects or serpents, are supposed to be related in the manner of basis. Delicate proteins. All I know is that they use this treatment a lot in South America because it's fast, it works against a lot of bites, and they don't always have easy, quick access to hospitals and doctors.

I think it would be great if our medical researchers could do their research in this arena.

The problem is, they think in terms of surgery or medicine, and completely discount biophysics.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

i agree with you, most drs are not open to new ideas; but you have given me food for thought, friend, and i am getting some ideas. won't discuss them yet, but i am going to try out a few ideas. will u2u you about it when i get it worked out.

cheers

seeker

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join