It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edmonton HIV rapists gets 16 year sentence.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Gregory George Brooks, an HIV-positive man who brutally raped a woman in 2004 has been given a 16 year sentence for his crime.
Brooks a long with his HIV has hepatitis C and is suffering from cirrhosis of the liver. It is believed that he won't live out his sentence.

The news article details the horrible things that Brooks had done. It is so brutal that I won’t repeat it here.

edmontonsun.com

His victim, who was 35 at the time of the attack, remained outside the courtroom and chose not to address her captor.

"I think it's certainly a significant sentence. I can't say I'm unhappy with it," said Crown prosecutor Allison Downey, who had requested a sentence in the range of 18 to 20 years.

Downey read to the court an agreed statement of facts detailing the chilling crime.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I don't think 16 years is enough for what this guy did. But there is comfort knowing that he will be spending his final days in prison.

[edit on 6/1/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   

He then hit her with his fists and forced her to have sex without a condom, telling her "he had AIDS and that now she would get it

For that alone he should have received a longer sentence.
Bad enough to beat the woman with the hammer, but then to add the terror that she may get aids... this idiot is worse than an animal and should be treated as we would treat any rabid animal.
At least the woman is still testing negative for AIDS.

join