It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'll be PM for Years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   
After giving the British public the impression that he would step down in 2006, Tony Blair now has revealed plans that he will stay on as PM as a duty to the Labour party.

www.thesun.co.uk
Duty to Labour voters to stay

DEFIANT Tony Blair last night vowed to carry on as Prime Minister for the bulk of this Parliament — saying he owed it to the people.

The PM insisted it was his duty to voters to stay in power because that is what they demanded at last May’s election.

Declaring he would not flinch in the face of Labour rebels, he said: “I’m not going anywhere. I’m here and I’m going to see the whole programme through.”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I haven't yet come to a conclusion about this development. Theories have crossed my mind. Dictatorship. Or that Blair wants to be the guy who sells the remains of Britain to the Euro Central Bank and parliament.

I'm looking for other theories to discuss.

Something inside me tells me this is not a good thing.

[edit on 9-1-2006 by asala]

[edit on 9-1-2006 by asala]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I for one voted lib deb last election - but would have voted labour on the grounds that I was hoping Tony would be replaced by Brown within a year or two... He will be doing his party a big favor by letting Brown take the job sonner rather than later.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
How's he going to make himself dictator? He's Prime Minister, he's the director of a parliament by virtue of being the head of a party that has a majority in that parliament, and a weak coalition forged majority at that.
This is not dictator material. Ignoring of course that the United Kingdom already has an autocrat at its head too.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Good lord, please no

I doubt he will get relected if he stood again, he is going to end up destorying the Labour Party.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
2 word for this quote.

DEFIANT Tony Blair last night vowed to carry on as Prime Minister for the bulk of this Parliament

Dictator and Hitler..

All we goto see now is what Bush will do.. I am suspecting the same thing here...

Ya ya you guys can go on and on about how we have a 4 yr term as president in the US.. but hey... Remember they have a new rule for just such case called suspending the voting if something crazy happens...

08 will be an interesting time to say the least.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I'm not too familiar with the working of British politics, except they're fun to watch in their assemblies, where they shout at each other, but... if Blair's decision to run for re-election is within the rules, and doesn't break any parliamentary laws, then what's this talk about a dictatorship? Simply sour grapes?

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The words I'll be and yrs isnt a good thing.. you know kinda like Hitler said I'll be and yrs in the same sentance.. look how that turned out..

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
my bad,
he isn't standing for re-election, he is just not going to step down for a few more years.

top topics

join