It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

90 Degree Turns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
One thing I have been picking out more and more from supposed sightings is the inclusion of the object doing 90 degree turns, fast hairpin turns etc.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by asala
This was really strange, I was out the other night with a friend and we got talking about the stars, You no, where you wonder how many is up there...
Then i saw a shooting star, Well at least that is what i think i seen,
It done the normal thing streaked across the sky!
but then changed direction and went of another way.

It was almost a 90 degree turn!

More 90 degree turn stuff

xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

It is mentioned in tons of sightings

dbarkertv.com...
ufocasebook.com...
www.sciforums.com...
www.ufowisconsin.com...
www.qtm.net...
www.ufobc.ca...
www.sacred-texts.com...
www.ufoevidence.org...

Etc etc.

Now why is it really important? Well that is the question. I see from two sides.

One, making a 90 degree turn in an extremely fast moving object is mind blowing to say the least. The forces involved are incredible.

Two, if a real craft is doing it, why? If some joe blow sees a craft making such a turn, why is it doing it? They are not being chased (in most cases) so what is it for? Are they showing off?

I have noticed that many people seem to take cases that involve such a turn more seriously. They look at it and make the connection. It just cant be done by humans with our current vehicles.

This is pretty much a ramble thread. Sue me.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
It just cant be done by humans with our current vehicles.

Exactly. I always look for maneuvers that can't be performed by aircraft as the best indicator of something possibly strange.

Whenever I hear of an object that's motionless or nearly so, I think "natural phenomenon". Whenever I hear of an object that constantly moves and maneuvers slowly, I think "airship or mis-identified aircraft".

Unless one of the above cases has rock-solid evidence otherwise, the best possibilities are the ones with "impossible" maneuvers.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Here is a thread I authored a while back where a dark object is seen making a 90 degree turn on a Video from the All-Sky Camera Network.

UFO captured on film by the All-Sky Camera Network.

ASCN has several cameras in and around the U. of Western Ontario that are designed to capture Bolides and are triggered by light flashes. In this case a lightning strike , but after the strike the faint dark object can be seen making the incredible turn.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I've seen the flying triangle up close and personal. It flew afew hundred feet above me and a friend around June of 1985. It was in sw Houston and was in a dead on direction for Ellington Field outside Houston on the se side.

The bottom had three blueish-white lights; one in each corner.

The back had a series of the same blueish-white lights in a series of equally divided squares. For a few moments, we thought we might get "picked up."

We had time to discuss it briefly.

It passed directly over (literally; we were looking straight up at it), and when it continued on, we wondered out loud if the back of it was windows and we hoped to see "someone" look out. Didnt happen.

Art Bell, semi-retired graveyard AM radio jockey, saw the same thing. He used to talk about it from time to time but he didnt like to and I dont either.

In a seperate incident, I have also seen the light in the sky that turns at 90 degrees. That was in 1982.

Honestly, Im not comfortable posting this message but Im going to do it anyway just to let you know your not insane.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
Two, if a real craft is doing it, why? If some joe blow sees a craft making such a turn, why is it doing it? They are not being chased (in most cases) so what is it for? Are they showing off?

Perhaps the answer is not as important as the question. A 90° turn in the middle of an empty sky really doesn’t seem to make any logical sense.
Maybe such a maneuver is only meant for use to wonder, to spark our curiosity.

Maybe this applies to all things we don't understand. Perhaps the crop circles that have not been proven as man made are only there do make us question or wonder.
After all it makes no sense for a being to travel light years just to mark up our crops with odd circles.

We always want answers. For many of us this is why we came to ATS. I think this drive is what keeps us a head of the rest of the creatures on Earth.
I like to watch nature shows on TV. One show I particularly like is called Kratts' Creatures. On one episode the stars of the show were in Africa watching Lion prides. Some Lions would walk up to the truck and then walk away. They would approach this foreign object and once they realized it didn't affect them they lost interest and went away.
Humans are different. When we something different we want to know everything about it. I think it is this curiosity that has brought us this far.

Perhaps these 90° turns are appearing to stimulate our curious nature and to make us want to reach out and learn about these things.

Maybe these UFOs and Crop circles are like the monolith in Kubrick's 2001: The space odyssey.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The very first UFO I saw was while sitting at a truckstop on exit 144 on Interstate 72. I was looking at a star or what I thought was a star. It was still light out and just about to start to get dark. It made the sign of a five pointed star the same way you would make the five pointed star when you would draw one. It did it so fast you could barely follow it with your eye. That would be 4 turns in less than a second. A few years later when I saw a huge craft go over my house I could hear a voice talking. One of the things it said was, "...if you can see all this and still not believe...." I wonder about that. Believe what? It seems that it wasn't an attempt to get me to believe anything other than that they exist. One other time they said to me, "....if you don't believe that we exist, then we don't believe that you exist either...." I don't think they are showing off but they want you to believe.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Cant the Euro-fighter do some serious manovers. It is suposed to be the most manoverable plane ever made.

Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Actually a 90 degree turn is not so drastic. It's an L shaped turn. My most recent sighting involved a 90 degree turn but the air speed of the object was so low that it appeared to have some curve to it. But if it had stopped and abruptly turned left......well that woulda really blown my mind.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The DEGREE of turn has no bearing on 'g' force, the turn RADIUS does.

Figuring 'g' force due to a direction change of a moving object is easy.

1) Convert object speed to FEET PER SECOND.

2) speed in feet per second SQUARED.

3) divide by the radius of the turn (in FEET).

4) divide by 32 (32 feet per second per second being a one 'g' acceleration).

EXAMPLE: Object speed of 60 mph with a turn RADIUS of 30 feet.

1) 60mph = 88 feet per second [ (60 x 5280') / 3600sec ]

2) 88 x 88 = 7744

3) 7744 / 30' = 258

4) 258 / 32 = 8 'g's

The amount of direction change in DEGREES is how LONG the 'g' force lasts.

Making a 90 degree turn with a 30' radius is a travel distance of 47' (30 x 2 x pi / 4).

Traveling at 88' / sec. puts the turn time at just over a half second (47' / 88'/sec).

Doubling the speed to 120 mph (172 f/s) in a 30' radius turn QUADROUPLES the

'g's to 32, but it only lasts half as long (at 90 degrees anyway).

Theox

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Because the quickest way to get some where is in a straight line. Normal aircraft cannot change directions like a pinball in a pinball machine because of the internial and G forces it would experience would destroy it consider the speed these objects are reported at. The only way such a change of direction would be possible would be if you were able to cancel the effect of inertia for the aircraft. Perhaps by manipulating the quantum vacuum.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
and if i may continue where Jade Falcon left off: if you draw a Feynmann diagram, call one axis Time, the other Space. Draw a straight line from left to right slanting upwards to denote something travelling in space and time as we know it. This is traveller A. Now draw a dotted parallel line which cuts the other one perpendicularly. Here you have your 90 degree angle. Make another 90 degree angle back towards and through the original line below and then have the lines running parallel again. The dotted line marks the path of traveller B. (The warping of spacetime allows a triangle to have 3 angles of 90 degrees.) The 90 degree intersection is needed to denote that both A and B travel at the same speed constantly. An observer is able to see the entire path A makes. B, however, would disappear at the instant he made the 90 degree turn and would pop up from "nowhere" the moment he resumed his parallel course again. Like a quantum leap. Now juxtapose another diagram where time and space are in reverse direction. If observers in either domain can only observe that which runs parallel to their spacetime stream, observers in our domain would, like mentioned before, be able to track the entire path A makes. B would disappear for a bit and would suddenly turn up further along the path without our being able to trace its path. For observers in the other domain (in reversed time and space) A would be completely invisible and B would only be visible while between the 2 angles of 90 degrees. The triangle B's path has made could be seen as a field where the two polarities of the two worlds are integrated/merged, iike a wave interference pattern, creating a third possiblity, that of moving and not moving simultaneously. A bit like the electron. If i had a spacecraft I would travel like this. And then I would hover above the earth, be sighted here and there and have people break their heads about the manoeuvres instead of thinking how they could penetrate the spacetime continuum! pip pip......

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
If it is anti-gravity controlled, then whatever is inside would not feel the turn at all. I think that if you are in a UFO (weather it is aliens, secret ops or both), you are weightless and feel no G's - even on turns and stops.

However, I don't remember when I was last on a UFO, so I don't know.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The thing I don't quite understand is why a 90-degree or hairpin turn would be necessary in the first place. Do these guys not know where they're going? Is somebody yelling at the pilot, "Ooh! Look, over there, let's go see!" You don't see 747s making sharp turns because they know where the hell they're going.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 02:18 AM
link   
just a suggestion, ok, but perhaps we should change the question. Instead of asking why they change 90 degrees based on what we think they don't see, perhaps we could start thinking about what it is that they do see and therefore make those 90 degree turns. can we, can we, can we?

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Maybe they are just so advanced that they just go in any direction they want.

I mean really by making turns your just wasting time. Optimally you would just change directions.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Dude, its probably just some pothead aliens having fun with us.
Or maybe they just do. Because we don't know, therefore our brains only see what we know. Hehe.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   
True! But what if we change our frame of reference? Maybe the movement is indicative of a greater insight into navigation and possible movement through space and time and are we just seeing their odd movements on the basis of our own limited 3D frame of reference.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   
There was a interesting show on the History Channel awhile ago called Alien engineering. Some of the reported right angle turns at thousands of miles a hour done by UFO would literally turn any human inside to a smear on the wall were talking thousands of Gs. Humans can only take about 11G turns when trained even when using Flight suits. For fractions of a second we can take almost 50 Gs but the last guy that tried that got really messed up even went blind as the force gave his eyes retinal detachment

You also have to remember a craft need not to turn to create insane amounts of G force. Super acceleration in a straight line of some reported UFOs on Radar and eye witness accounts of full stops to thousands of miles a hour in fractions of a second would create amazing G forces.

One explaination on how a craft with living beings would be able to do such feats is a " Inertia canceler " A device that would create its own gravity in exact opposite to the Gs force of the craft. So if made a aburpt stop giving you say 50 negative Gs of forward force the Inertia canceler would create 50 positive Gs going the opposite direction canceling out the force.

If you had such a device you could in theory make any type of turn at pretty much any speed and not feel a thing. In theory something like this could work but its way beyond human Technology

[edit on 23-2-2006 by ShadowXIX]

[edit on 23-2-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   
this is good stuff! Check out www.calphysics.org/zpe.html for some amazing research into gravity, inertia and zeropointenergy. There's copies of published papers you can download. Haven't read all of the papers yet, but it's good stuff to get into!

top topics

join