It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Just out of curiousity, How many people would just totally let the power go to their head? Have some fun with it, total indulgence. Sort of like in "Lord of the Rings" how if anyone had the power, even if they meant to do well, would simply be overwelmed, and just give in?

Personally, I think that would happen more often then not. I think people would be more like Caligula then Mother Teresa.

I'm not saying that everyone would go that far off the deep end, but it's easier and more fun to just do things your way then give it up for the good of others. I mean, have there been moments in your life where you get someone a gift, and then later decide to keep it for yourself and get the other person something else?

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Outlaw lying! Then somehow chemically, neurally whatever enforce it.

Sit back and enjoy the show..

Apocalypta is near!

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
take away power... thats what kills us... not money not drugs not guns power alone

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful1
Just out of curiousity, How many people would just totally let the power go to their head? Have some fun with it, total indulgence. Sort of like in "Lord of the Rings" how if anyone had the power, even if they meant to do well, would simply be overwelmed, and just give in?

Personally, I think that would happen more often then not. I think people would be more like Caligula then Mother Teresa.

Other than a worldwide 'authority' placing somebody in a position of power, in this world the only sensation of power to be found in a "strange" man's mind throughout the rest of the world, would only exist in his head.

It can be overwhelming at times when you have good intentions combined with a poor education and the conviction of a 'deaf and dumb' spirit.
You can have all the power in the world, as long as you are able to harness it all to yourself.
But then it is still worthless to that individual.
I'm pretty sure I understand what you are implying tho'.

Originally posted by QuietRenegade
OK, lets swing for the fence. Eliminate money
No more money means no more greed. Everyone working together for the betterment of humanity. Yeah I know "pie in the sky thinking" and maybe I've watched to much Star Trek, but I wonder what it would be like. Is money the root of all evil?

Small farmers don't need money, obviously!

Originally posted by ANOK
First thing I'd do is turn the means of production over to the workers.
let the workers be their own boss and all benefit equaly from their labour.

I would ban all ownership of land and property (buildings not personal property) unless the owner is personaly working that land or property, and not exploiting it for personal gain. No exces ownership of what you really don't need.
All excess land and property would be turned over to people who wish to work it and make it productive.
No more amasing of personal wealth, no more land and property owned purely for investment and benifit of individuals.
Land and property is the right of all. All who work should benifit equaly from their labours, not just the person who happens to have the funds to "buy" property or means of production.

We have enough resources to give everyone a home and food on their plate, problem is most of it is owned and controled by the few, to their benifit not the benifit of the whole.

Put the power back in the hands of the worker, the backbone and majority of any society.

[edit on 19/1/2006 by ANOK]

This would be easy, if people were not able to trade their labor for money,
then trade their money for food...
they would have no other choice then to become FARMERS!
Which would provide you with all of the 'characteristics' that you desire.

For the most part we are all on the same track.

"Ooh, and it's alright an it's coming on
We gotta get right back to where we started from
Love is good, love can be strong
We gotta get right back to where we started from"
- Mrs. Nightingale

top topics

<< 1   >>

join