It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Hypothetically speaking,

If by some miracle you were offered the opportunity to stick your hands into solving the problems with this septic system we call life, where would you start?

Once you start, it's yours to deal with untill somebody kills you because they want to take your place.... and that probably wouldn't happen.

I'm just wondering if anybody else dreams.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by Submersible]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Submersible

If by some miracle you were offered the opportunity to stick your hands into solving the problems with this septic system we call life, where would you start?

Ouch. Calling the miracle and beauty of life a "septic system" seems sort of extreme. What exactly is it about your life that led you to such a negative view? After all, each day we have is a gift: we aren't guaranteed any more than today.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I think life is what you make it,

but....

If I could do something to make the world better, I'd start by having the world only have one or two children, thus bringing the world population down. As odd as it may sound, I think one of the main problems in the world is from over-population.

I would do a few more, but I think that would be my first step.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Outlaw all religion. As we've seen in the past, religion lead's to fear's and superstition's that lead to the death of innocent live's. Religion isn't even HELPING mankind be moral, so what true purpose does it serve? You've got priest's today raping little boy's and the vatican trying to cover it up and move these pedopriest's around.

Second on the list. Government. People aren't stupid. We don't need any form of government, atleast not in the sense of what we have now. Your human, I'm human. What right would I have to tell YOU what to do when I'm no more better then you? What right would a group of people have to tell YOU what to do when each individual is just as equal and human as you are?

Third on the list. Conspiracy fanatic's. I can't have them going around warning people of my plans! So what i'll do is use they're theorie's against them, make them look like crazy psychotic people who need alot of help and medication's. Of course, this medication they'll be getting will keep them docile and under control for when I take over. It could even be introduced via booze and cig's. Maybe even through geneticly manipulated food's.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by godservant

If I could do something to make the world better, I'd start by having the world only have one or two children, thus bringing the world population down. As odd as it may sound, I think one of the main problems in the world is from over-population.

That's a very good first step! If we were to somehow take over and restrain our own 'seed' it would solve the majority of problems in the world. For some reason the reality of doing such a thing is not even a possibility because no 'body' is in a position of authority great enough to effectively limit our rate of reproduction. Even if people understood that it was crucial to our future to actually break away from the animal kingdom as an initial effort to secure a 'long term' life on this planet, it would be almost impossible for them to accept that whoever tried to implement such a system was doing so out of love.

Originally posted by Produkt
Third on the list. Conspiracy fanatic's. I can't have them going around warning people of my plans! So what i'll do is use they're theorie's against them, make them look like crazy psychotic people who need alot of help and medication's. Of course, this medication they'll be getting will keep them docile and under control for when I take over. It could even be introduced via booze and cig's. Maybe even through geneticly manipulated food's.

Did you say that to be sarcastic because you've read my other post?
They have already turned U.S. into dope phene's!

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Ouch. Calling the miracle and beauty of life a "septic system" seems sort of extreme. What exactly is it about your life that led you to such a negative view? After all, each day we have is a gift: we aren't guaranteed any more than today.

We have made Her partially synthetic in our industrial revolution, contaminated and polluted beyond 'repair'.
It is an extreme situation.
I agree with you, each day is a gift... but it's not a free pass to treat this Earth like a great big toilet. THAT is what I see the majority of the population of this world doing today, and eventhough God or 'intelligent design' is NOT an acceptable theory or discussion in our schools today,
it's blatantly obvious that almost everybody here is living like some'thing else is going to solve all of their problems.
It's almost as if the billions of men and women who wake up and see where they are every morning, have not accepted that we ARE responsibile for our actions.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I haven't seen your other post. I would like to add tho, no one's forced anyone else to take medication's or drug's. A person has the right to accept or reject medication or drug's. People who goto the doctors just for the drugs, like some people I personally know are what we call drug addict's. No one turned them into drug addicts. Those people made the choice to do it to themselve's. I'll be damned if anyone is going to put the blame on someone else for another's personal choice. What you, or anyone decides to do to themselve's is they're OWN choice. People who abuse drugs abuse them because that's who they are. Drug abuser's. It has NOTHING to do with the people who sell the drugs. People have the choice to take or not take drugs. If you decide to take drugs, that's YOUR problem, YOUR choice. No one is turning people into "dope phene's" except the people who decide to do it to themselve's.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Second on the list. Government. People aren't stupid. We don't need any form of government, atleast not in the sense of what we have now. Your human, I'm human. What right would I have to tell YOU what to do when I'm no more better then you? What right would a group of people have to tell YOU what to do when each individual is just as equal and human as you are?

How could you possibly do number one and number three on your list without some form of organized government?

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
You dare question me?! Someone will meet you tomorrow. -.-

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I haven't seen your other post. I would like to add tho, no one's forced anyone else to take medication's or drug's. A person has the right to accept or reject medication or drug's. People who goto the doctors just for the drugs, like some people I personally know are what we call drug addict's. No one turned them into drug addicts. Those people made the choice to do it to themselve's. I'll be damned if anyone is going to put the blame on someone else for another's personal choice. What you, or anyone decides to do to themselve's is they're OWN choice. People who abuse drugs abuse them because that's who they are. Drug abuser's. It has NOTHING to do with the people who sell the drugs. People have the choice to take or not take drugs. If you decide to take drugs, that's YOUR problem, YOUR choice. No one is turning people into "dope phene's" except the people who decide to do it to themselve's.

What country do you live in?
In the United States, farmers cannot find seed to plant in their fields that is not genetically modified.
You still think there are good drugs and bad drugs dont'cha?

Go find a gallon of milk that does not have synthetic cow hormone in it, or an ounce of corn, wheat, barley, hops, oats, or grain that has not been 'genetically enhanced' with chemicals, or an ounce of water flowing from a city tap that does not have chemicals added to it.
See what it would take for you to survive on 'pure' sources of nutrition and life in his counrty.
Then come back and tell me about a CHoice !

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Really? Can you provide your source of information? I find it somewhat odd that I can buy organic product's that haven't had any chemicals applied to them and yet your claiming farmers can't buy seed's that haven't been GMed. I do agree water has chemicals, I believe it's called flouride, one of them atleast and it's there because people don't get enough of it. Not to mention I don't really drink much water anyways. If you fail to provide any factual source's on your everything is GMed theory, here's a choice you could take. Grow your own food. Buy a plot of land and farm it. How's that for choice

P.S. If you'd like to drink tap water with dead racoons floating in it, go ahead. I'd rather mine cleaned ty

[edit on 8-1-2006 by Produkt]

[edit on 8-1-2006 by Produkt]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
If i could have one thing, it would be a government which doesn't lie to its people and treat them like a load of gullible idiots, because that is what they do.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Really? Can you provide your source of information? I find it somewhat odd that I can buy organic product's that haven't had any chemicals applied to them and yet your claiming farmers can't buy seed's that haven't been GMed. I do agree water has chemicals, I believe it's called flouride, one of them atleast and it's there because people don't get enough of it. Not to mention I don't really drink much water anyways. If you fail to provide any factual source's on your everything is GMed theory, here's a choice you could take. Grow your own food. Buy a plot of land and farm it. How's that for choice

I already did it once.

If the words 'everything' or "all" were to be replaced with 96 or 99% , instead of saying everything or all of our food sources are contaminated..
would your perception of the issue, or how you would respond to those facts be different?

[edit on 11-1-2006 by Submersible]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

In the United States, farmers cannot find seed to plant in their fields that is not genetically modified.

And now...

If the words 'everything' or "all" were to be replaced with 96 or 99% , instead of saying everything or all of our food sources are contaminated..

So which is it? Your very misleading at this point. If it were everything, then of course my views would change and I wouldn't be saying you have a choice. That's not the case though. Not everything is GMed, which is why I say you have a choice.

Nothing complicated with it really.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Truth is, our food is contaminated. Monsanto makes sure of that. I have my own little theory, and its that pesticides have alot to do with it (just a theory, remember). I believe they do it to dumb us down, and supress our mind. The last thing you want if you're a corrupt government is a fully awake, alert population.....

[edit on 11-1-2006 by LetKnowledgeDrop]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Ah, and all these farmer's who claim to not use pesticide's really do becuase they're in on it. And all these scientist's that study food (you know, the salt is good/bad ones) gotta be in on it to else they'd be reporting these thing's if they weren't.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I would prevent the media from reporting everything from a negative point of view. For instance when reporting on Iraq they could announce who was killed, but would also have state things like which schools and hospitals reopened, which areas had electricity restored etc... I think the media has a negative effect on society because of how stories get presented.

I would also launch a hige welfare reform. If you couldn't find work and wanted to collect welfare you would have to report every work day to a job training center where you would be educated or retooled and assisted on the hunt for a job. After a certain period of time if you didnt find employment then you would have to volunteer and do things like pickup trash, repaint public buildings, work in a soup kitchen etc... You dont work you dont eat period! unless you have a medical condition or a legitimate reason why you cant.

thats all for now

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Hypothetically speaking,

[edit on 5-1-2006 by Submersible]

First and formost, this rule would be of upmost importance: On the highway, LEFT LANE FAST, RIGHT LANE SLOW.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Ah, and all these farmer's who claim to not use pesticide's really do becuase they're in on it. And all these scientist's that study food (you know, the salt is good/bad ones) gotta be in on it to else they'd be reporting these thing's if they weren't.

Like this one ?
www.organicconsumers.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">www.organicconsumers.org...
www.organicconsumers.org...

Providing information that would prove their maliciousness is like comitting career suicide. I guess there are not many scientist who desire to be unemployed and persecuted by the worlds most powerfull source of law as well as science.

www.ijoeh.com...

I know it's hard to accept that something this tremendous and strong has occupied the majority of the top seats in the whitehouse and it's almost as if nobody in this nation is aware of it.
Is this awesome to you, or just scary?

"And we have the seeds"
www.seedalliance.org...

Monsanto's man at the U.S. Trade office
gristmill.grist.org...

www.disinfopedia.org...
www.organicconsumers.org...
www.businessweek.com...

www.populist.com...

Go through your shopping list and see if you are eating on the left or right side.

www.truefoodnow.org...

I would do the most humane thing possible to eliminate the majority of our problems, castrate the majority of all men born into this world.
Just like they do with farm animals, it would be the easiest and most productive first step for us to break away from the animal kingdom, and provide all of us with the possibility of a future that we can all look forward to. A future without war.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
First thing I'd do is turn the means of production over to the workers.
let the workers be their own boss and all benefit equaly from their labour.

I would ban all ownership of land and property (buildings not personal property) unless the owner is personaly working that land or property, and not exploiting it for personal gain. No exces ownership of what you really don't need.
All excess land and property would be turned over to people who wish to work it and make it productive.
No more amasing of personal wealth, no more land and property owned purely for investment and benifit of individuals.
Land and property is the right of all. All who work should benifit equaly from their labours, not just the person who happens to have the funds to "buy" property or means of production.

We have enough resources to give everyone a home and food on their plate, problem is most of it is owned and controled by the few, to their benifit not the benifit of the whole.

Put the power back in the hands of the worker, the backbone and majority of any society.

I know a lot of you will say that's just Marxist Commy BS, and just dismiss it, all I can say is your self serving overlord has taught you well.

[edit on 19/1/2006 by ANOK]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
OK, lets swing for the fence. Eliminate money
No more money means no more greed. Everyone working together for the betterment of humanity. Yeah I know "pie in the sky thinking" and maybe I've watched to much Star Trek, but I wonder what it would be like. Is money the root of all evil?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join