It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharon stroke punishment from God?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

I just cannot understand why Robertson would make a comment like that.
Sharon is on his deathbed and instead of making positive comments, Pat starts with the punishment from God talk. Hey Pat you are getting up in years and unless your immortal, what have you done to deserve death as punishment from God?

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I just saw the clip from his tv program in Sharon, he claims that Sharon critical condition was cause for him dividing the land that belongs to God.

But before he did it he talk nicely about Sharon as a person.

I think Pat needs to look very closely in the mirror because he looks like he can be gone any time soon.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Rev. Pat Robertson is slowly slipping into dimentia. Heaping scorn on him is really pointless; it would sort of be like spanking the roundheaded boy, if you know what I mean.

Rev. Pat has slipped into a world of his own creation.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
besides, he is a religious leader....what do you expect? Religion is control, and that just about says it. Not a wise comment, in fact, a rather stupid one. God's land? If God indeed does exist, isn't the whole world God's land? I have nothing against anyone of any religion, but give me a break....Chosen ones? What happened to all people are created equal?

Oh, all except the special ones, of course. How stoopid uv mee!

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
God save us all from those risible and utterly ludicrous fools and their towering out of control egos who are so stupefyingly arrogant that they think they know God's will.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I came across a fantastic pseudo-spoof on Robertson at Scrappleface. This quote explains why Robertson would make such a statement:

"If Christians would read the Bible, instead of just watching TV, they would understand that people who claim to know exactly why God does what He does are usually false teachers," said Mr. Robertson. "God disciplines American Christians for their willful ignorance of the Scriptures by having me embarrass them every 60 days or so with another ridiculous remark."

So that's it!

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sexymon
Chosen ones? What happened to all people are created equal?

You mean from the ancient Biblical book, The Declaration Of Independence? No where in the Bible does it say all people are created equal; some have gifts others don't. All people are not created equal. Either you or I are smarter than the other. Either you or I have the potential to become stronger than the other. Either you or I were born into better circumstances than the other.

The Bible is clear that the Jews are God's chosen people. You are free to believe that Jesus is an alien or whatnot, but Robertson believes in the Bible. I think you'll find more people believe the Bible than believe Jesus was an alien. You claim to have nothing against anyone of any religion...But Christians are stupid? If I could quote whaaa:

You might be a hypocrite if you think you're smart but think others are stupid because you disagree with them.

(Really liked that post, by the way, whaaa
)

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Let's say that a guy manages to get lots of people to send him money. Let's say that the guy finds that so easy he tries to get people to believe that he speaks for some deity. Lets say that he is egocentric enough to want to buy his own TV network so he can ...be on TV. Lets say that this guy uses a lot of the money he has collected in the name of said deity, (auspiciously, this deity won't actually need the dollard collected but the deity - speaker apparently really likes the dollars.) Let's call him The Robertson, or The Robson, or The Falwell.

Why on earth would anyone who reads even listen to someone like this, let alone spend a few nano seconds responding to what they say?

Just a wonderin.
skep

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
.......and how come everything they think 'bad' that happens to others is some sort of 'God's punishment' and yet when it's something bad happening to them it's 'the devil'?

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by skep
Why on earth would anyone who reads even listen to someone like this, let alone spend a few nano seconds responding to what they say?
Just a wonderin.
skep

I'm guessing you spent more than a few nanoseconds responding there

Sminkeypinkey, who is this "they" you're talking about? Robertson, Robertson and Robertson?

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Sminkeypinkey, who is this "they" you're talking about? Robertson, Robertson and Robertson?

- In this instance, yes, it's Robertson......

...... but surely you will not deny that he is far from alone and hardly the only one of a raft of religio-political types (usually very conservative and very right-wing) doing the rounds in the US at the moment?

From what I've read even scary dead nutters like Rushdoony (a huge inspiration and part of 'our' religio-political bigot-nutter Paisley's 'thinking' here in N. Ireland) are exercising an influence with this 'Christian Reconstruction' stuff going on now.

[edit on 7-1-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

top topics

join