It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horror movies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
"The Cave" is playing in the livingroom....yuck. I have no use for those types of movies, ie: people go where they know there will be a huge toll of human life, the ending remains up in the air (opening the way to a sequel),huge creatures with lots of teeth, exact vengance on the humans for disturbing their slumber, domain, whatever. My question is this, would you go into a hole in the ground, that was literally strewn with bones of an unknown origin? Not me, no way.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I'm getting squeamish in my old age.
My desire to watch horror movies is right up there with digging out an infected toe nail.
I have watched some of the really stupid sci-fi one's where they have aliens with drooling fangs or some other unrealistic person eating creature. Realistically I've seen and stuck my hands in about the worst possible things you could imagine, so bones and bodies don't really bother me.
But movies like this one newyorkmetro.com...
and films like SAW basically turn my stomach.
Watching people get tortured is far from entertaining.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
"The Cave" - am I correct in assuming that is a filmabout a group of girls who go pot-holling by abseilling down into a cave?

This was called "The Descent" here in the UK and I for one, IMHO, and I am unanimous in my opinion, that it was very well written, scripted and shot. The acting? Well what can you say about a group of girlies out of their depth? (Excuse the pun!)

Why it should have scared anybody is quite beyond me and I was never able to understand why or how anybody in the States died of a heart attack during a screening of "Silence of the Lambs" or it's sequal, "Red Dragon".

Perhaps we Brits are made of sterner stuff but, even I have to admit that the sound of a chainsaw still gives me the shivers - and I saw the original Chainsaw Massacre way back in the 70's.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by fritz
"The Cave" - am I correct in assuming that is a filmabout a group of girls who go pot-holling by abseilling down into a cave?

This was called "The Descent" here in the UK

The Descent was the one about the girls on a caving vacation...... (bloody awesome film too!!!)

The Cave was about a group of professional cavers investigating a hidden temple.

Not the same film matey, sorry.

[edit on 6/1/2006 by redize]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The Descent was the one about the girls on a caving vacation...... (bloody awesome film too!!!)

The Cave was about a group of professional cavers investigating a hidden temple.

Not the same film matey, sorry.

So sorry Redize - I thought it was the same film. I have not seen "The Cave" but am so glad you enjoyed "Descent".

Stumbles away....................shakes head sadly...............................:shk:

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   
He he he, no problem. You're not the first, and certainly not the last to confuse those two movies.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
If your careful you may notice in the descent they throw a nod to "Dog Soldiers" by having a Werewolf's head appearing amongst the blood and gore of other human remains in one scene. Figures as it was made by the same mob.

There's a bit of trivia for you

I just watched both of these films approximately one week ago.

We looked them up on www.imdb.com and both had the very same description, yet both are very different.

Descent is lower budget.

Both a bit of fun.

[edit on 7-1-2006 by Grimholt]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I have not been a fan of horror films as of late, or slasher films have dropped off completely. The only film that has caught my eye in this genre is Saw

I own the first, and awaiting the sequal on DVD. The third installment is set for another halloween release. The jigsaw charachter I don't think has been matched in recent years by many. Just a personal opinion, I know alot of people are big fans of this, and many cant stand it.

Personal favorite of mine though!

new topics

top topics

join