It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galloway joins Big Brother house

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
not that i watch this trash

but this is funny

news.bbc.co.uk...
Anti-Iraq war MP George Galloway and entertainer Michael Barrymore are among the 11 contestants who have entered the Celebrity Big Brother house.
Faria Alam, who had an affair with England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson, US basketball star Dennis Rodman and model Jodie Marsh are among the housemates.

In a twist, the producers unveiled an unknown contestant, Chantelle, who must convince the others she is famous.

The Channel 4 show, now in its fourth series, is due to last 23 days.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

why would anyone want to appear on these rubbish TV programs

mod edit: There are news quoting tags for external news sources, using such tags help the thread viewer to see that the thread is about a news story.
The news tags are:
[news.] article content [/news.] (without the fullstops)

[edit on 6-1-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Personally I think it’s a pretty smart move. Think about it, millions of young adults watch these programmes. People who may not vote, or when they do, vote without giving it to much thought. Next time there’s an election in his constituency loads of young voters are going to think "no idea who these other guys are but I remember Galloway from Big Bro, he seemed alright", providing he makes a good impression. Plus you can say all you want about the man, but most will agree that he’s an excellent public speaker, so I think he's capable of winning over a few viewers. I bet a lot of radical or controversial politicians are wishing they’d thought of it first!

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
In the 70's, it was soap operas and game shows.

In the 80's, that slowly faded and was replaced with talk shows.

As the 80's evolved into the 90's, it was trash talk shows and 1st generation reality shows like cops and the People's Court.

Enter the 00's. Trash reality shows are the thing.

In the 10's, trash reality will evolve into war/peace tv.

TV quickly went from presenting America as a fake utopia to what you currently see.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   
This type of TV is just utter trash.

I for one do not watch it, but maybe, just this once, I might.

If only to see George Galloway giving Micheal Barrymore a good thump on the nose!

new topics

top topics

join