It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharon's deputy breifed on Nukes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Sharon's deputy gets secret military briefing

Military, spy chiefs divulge nuclear and other critical information to Olmert

JERUSALEM - As surgeons battled to save Prime Minister Ariel Sharon on Thursday, his deputy was briefed on the Jewish state’s most closely guarded secrets.

Ehud Olmert met through the night with military and intelligence chiefs, learning how to give wartime orders of the highest risk and sensitivity, security sources said.

msnbc.msn.com...

Well if they are handing over Information on how to push the button they really must think Sharon isnt coming back

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I would imagine this would need to be done in any transfer of power, even if expected to be temporary, as in routine surgery.

I'm sure the same thing would be done here in the U.S.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I thought Israel didn't have nukes.....

General: "Mr Olmert, Sir, here is the non-existent briefcase...."
Olmert: "What is this for?"
General:"Well, in case Iran launches it's own non-existent Nuclear weapons at us, this is our response..."
Olmert: "Which is?"
General:"Our huge, powerful, non-existent Arsenal of non-existent Nuclear weapons, sir"
Olmert: "Nuclear Weapons? where did these come from?"
General: "Iraq, sir...."

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Israel does not confirm nor deny the presence of Nuclear weapons.

le cough.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Israel does not confirm nor deny the presence of Nuclear weapons.

le cough.

On that note then, how come they don't get "regime changed"?

(silly question, because I already know the answer, but it had to be said....)

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   

No it really didn‘t, BTW, everyone knows Israel has nuclear weapons but for political reasons they just don’t what to officially state that. What's the point of “regime” change?

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
hahaha west point are you serious....no i dont think you can be
(wow i sounded like ThatsJustWierd right there....that was.....wierd lol)
but seriously how can you say that. im sorry some one else take this one...im too much in shock that he said that.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

No it really didn‘t, BTW, everyone knows Israel has nuclear weapons but for political reasons they just don’t what to officially state that. What's the point of “regime” change?

The point? Do you really need it explaining to you? It's your dumbass President who invented the notion of regime change based on the possesion of illegal weapons.

But then again, Westy. I feel I am just wasting my breath here.

The West makes a right song and dance about "bad" countries having nukes (or "WMD", to coin a phrase), but Israel is allowed them? Seems not only hypocritical (hardly surprising, given history) and completely destablising to the region.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
It's your dumbass President who invented the notion of regime change based on the possesion of illegal weapons.

Apparently, dumbass is a subjective determination?

Furthermore, the notion of the invention of regime change based on the possession of illegal weapons goes back before this particular dumbass President, stumason. Try Clinton + 1988 + US implementation and foreign policy shift from containment of Iraq to regime change + signed, sealed, approved, and delivered by the US Congress and Senate.

seekerof

[edit on 5-1-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   

The point? Do you really need it explaining to you? It's your dumbass President who invented the notion of regime change based on the possesion of illegal weapons.

Umm... perhaps you misunderstood, I meant what is the point regime change in Israel?

The West makes a right song and dance about "bad" countries having nukes (or "WMD", to coin a phrase), but Israel is allowed them? Seems not only hypocritical (hardly surprising, given history) and completely destablising to the region.

I beg to differ, Israel has reportedly had nuclear weapons since the late 60’s early 70’s, they have yet to use one, or threaten to use them one on another country. It’s one of the reason they have stayed safe from an invasion by their neighbors who repeatedly announce that they much rather see Israel gone.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Be careful stu. U criticized israel. That must make u a nazi who wants another holocaust... shame on you.... the poor peace loving israelis will be shocked when they hear of this

new topics

top topics

join