It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate Final:Smacking Children:Results.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Hmmm... Smells like Florida to me....

To think, I lost because KTPKR's argument was 'backed up by science'..... I've learned that I'll need to attack his citations next time around

Anyways, will we ever be given a list of judges? Just curious.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The mysterious judges.

They must remain a mystery.We only know each other through our special handshake.

Like this:

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
lol i think your math is wrong.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I guess since the vote is over I does not matter. I was a judge. I will not say who i voted for but i was a judge.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
holy jesus. I just got in after writting a Battle rap. I feel cheated some how (i know big talk) cause the win was was clearly "as the wind blows". I mean, if we had the vote a day later it might've been OIMD-8 Ktprktpr-7.

I found the judges statements very instructive. I will use these statements to become a better debater. One thing I found interesting is that some judges felt that it was good that i backed stuff up while others seemed to think it wasn't worth it (sources weak or the whole thing didn't jive). There is something else that is very powerful: If your debate changes anyone's view on things. That's when you know your argument was real good.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Ahhh, Enjoy your victory today, for next time I'll make sure to jump on your 'scientific evidence' in such a way as to make it clear that it is neither scientific or evidence to even those judges who don't follow links...

Da da dum!

But, in all seriousness, I admit that, early on, I fell into a slump where I assumed that this is what the outcome would be and didn't put as much heat into as I should... Such fatalism is, well, fatal.

But, so that all are clear, I am now quite energized and look forward to meeting you again, KTPKR.

PS I also think the names of judges should be public knowledge in the next debate -- though their votes can be hidden from the community.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   

"I think ktprktpr and onlyinmydreams both did a great job. ktprktpr backed up what he was saying with facts. Ktprktpr made a better argument because he had facts to help prove his idea. Onlyinmydreams just stated what he thought but did not show any facts to back up his opinion. This make onlyinmydream's debate weaker."

"...ktprktpr focused on accepted research, while OIMD seems to rely soley on personal opinion (or it was hard to tell when he brought in material from a 3rd party).
"Judge "I" gives it to Ktpr , he did research, his argument was concise and backed up with factual studies relative to the debate, OIMD did neither and his argument was cagey and NOT scientific (instincts)."

[Edited on 30-9-2003 by John bull 1]

Yes, I am an OIMD partisan (hell, I just handed him a beer two minutes ago)... but OIMD was robbed!

I wonder if some of these judges even read ktprk's scientific facts. Below is the link the boy provided for his main bit:
www.lauriemorgan.com...

The woman has a book called The Power of Pleasurable Childbirth. If that doesn't discredit her, I don't know what does.

As it is, OIMD is telling me to sit down and watch the Cubs game right now, so I guess I'll end my cheerleading here. However, I do hope ktprk knows he is going to run into an OIMD that won't give any quarter in a month

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Some of the judges didn't like the technical nature of Ktpr's argument.

I will just point out that if the 7 permanent judges had voted alone then the result would have been 4-2 to Ktpr with one judge not coming in.

ilovepizza is of course welcome to say that he was a judge BUT it is the surest way that he will find to not be asked again.

The purpose of keeping the judges identities a secret is to free them from the obligations of friendship and the bias inherent in rivalry.

Their anonymity is essential not only before and during the contest but also after.

The judges were selected by me for their reliability and differing views.I am as sure as I can be that all was fair.

Someday later I may release the judges names but it won't be now.

I need the 7 permanent judges to judge the opening rounds of the debate tournament and the others plus a few more to judge an exhibition match which without going into too much detail is dependent on judges anonymity.Such is the stature on the board of the one that will compete.

The credibility of the Debate tournament is linked directly to my own integrety.For that reason I strive to be fair and honest and as open as the rules allow.

I hope this answers more fully question any might have about the judges.

PS.Watch this space for more on the Exhibition match.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 02:02 AM
link   
John_bull_1 i wish i hadnt told everyone i was a judge. I was one of the seven premenant judges untill i told right?

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Hey,
I didn't mean to insult anyone. From now on, I will just view all my debates as a form of mental exercise... and, just so that I'm clear, I'm not upset by the results (though F-G is
).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join