It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IP cloaker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Hi, does anyone have a descent IP cloaker. Preferably free.
Thanks for any tips…

Have a nice day.
Cheers

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'm not sure what you mean by IP cloaker. Are you referring to HTTP proxies? Like MultiProxy is a free one.

Keep in mind that proxies doesn't really improve your privacy, because it does hide your IP address to the website you're visiting, but it doesn't stop proxies in between to monitor your every moves.

Direct connection without proxy:

X-----------------------------------------------X
YOU WEBSITE

Anonymous connection through proxies:

X---------------X---------------X---------------X
YOU PROXY A PROXY B WEBSITE

Who is proxy A? Is it a government server monitoring your moves?

Who is proxy B? Is it a crook capturing packets to steal your passwords or identity theft?

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I mean an actual Ip cloaker. But the information you gave me is very usefull.

Thaks a bunch.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDarkFlame
I mean an actual Ip cloaker.

I'm sure you know trading software on ATS is not allowed. I assume you are asking for the name of the software not the actual software.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDarkFlame
I mean an actual Ip cloaker.

Then all I can answer is, such a thing doesn't exists. It's impossible to fake your IP address if you expect the server to send TCP packets back to your computer.

IP spoofing exists, but it's a one way thing. Only vandals are using this method to send attacks to the server and they don't care about the packet replies because they ran away already, the bad is done. Impossible to use IP spoof to browse the intarweb.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
No not traiding software
. Well i guess Its imposible then... But thanks anyhow.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Im guessing this is what you want.

Sneak2
The-Cloak

Read the fine print.

Im not sure how invisible you really are with these. With a search warrent, Im sure these websites would sing like song birds.

But if you want to surf around at work and they have loose security, it may be an option.

Just dont do anything you would have trouble explaining later if anybody found out. Know what I mean?

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Asking for an IP cloaker is like saying "I want to get mail at my house without telling anyone my address." It's not possible. The only solution is as mentioned. You can have mail sent to someone else who will then deliver it to you. A proxy.
Just because you're getting packets of data instead of letters doesn't change this fact of life. Sorry if this bums your plans of world domination.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
First of all you allways have a plan B if your out for world domination.
But thanks for your help anyways... The internet sites are realy interesting.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
im thinking what hes asking for is an IP cloaker, not proxy.

the difference is a cloaker would hide your ip, from, say as an example, games online, which DONT use an internet browser. such as world of warcraft?

[email protected]

top topics

join