It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Careful what you wish for

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Kinda ironic I stumbled upon this thread..

A few weeks ago, I lost myself in an uncontrollable ritual... Maybe someone more indepth in the 'occult' practices can explain what happened.. or if it was all in my head

Now, I've always been a spiritual person. But I've never messed around with mirrors or candles or any of that nonsense.

I'll try not to go into too much detail, but this is what happened:

I was washing up before bed and ended up gazing into the bathroom mirror... I sorta lost myself staring at my face. Anyone that's ever stared into a mirror long enough will swear up and down they see their face change.

I saw this and was intrigued. But being somewhat uncomfortable, I chose to head downstairs to a much bigger mirror. I pulled up a chair and lost myself. I mean, literally lost myself. This is where it gets weird..

I got up because I wanted a glass of water. I never drink water, so I was already puzzled. I went in the kitchen, got out a glass, and a saucer, and filled a cooking pot with water and began to boil the glass and saucer in the water. After letting these items boil, I pulled out the saucer and placed the cup on it in the sink. I turned on the hot water and began to cool the cup; slowly changing to cold water. Once the water was cold, I let it run for almost 10 minutes.. just staring at it. It was below freezing outside so the water was bristling cold.

After performing this task, I lifted the water, held it up to the light, and realized it was the clearest glass of water I've ever seen. Still completely dazzled by what I was doing, I kept on with it. I knew I was doing it for a reason.. and thats all I cared about.

I took the water to the mirror, poured half the glass on a cloth (making a huge mess) and began to "bless" the mirror. I unwillingly (but in complete control) mummbled crap about protecting myself from evil and opening a gateway to my soul. (By this time I figured I'd completely lost my mind, so I just rolled with it..)

After blessing the mirror, I drank the other half of the water. I was so cold I literally felt it go all the way down and coat my stomach. It was as if it instantly spread throughout my entire body. I closed my eyes, and opened them and gazed into the mirror.

I sat there in a puddle of water, holding an empty glass, gazing into the mirror for 3 hours. 3 HOURS I wont go into much detail about what I meditated about for all that time (unless you want more info), but I will say it changed my life. Never once did I feel afraid, or unable to stop and snap back to reality.. I felt this overwhelming need and desire to continue. It was as if God reach down and touched me that night.. and all my worries were gone.

Maybe I lost my mind, maybe I was touched by God, or overtaken by a demon.. I really don't know.. but whatever happened that night changed my life forever.

And thanks to the anonymitity of the Internet, I can share this story without being thrown in a straight jacket ;0)

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Don't worry Quitesoul , I have experienced the same things.
Once I caught myself starring into a mirror at a friends apartment, after about a couple minutes or so a face was starring back at me, some man with red curly hair and a beard.. I have blonde hair and no beard, so it wasn't me~haha..it kinda made me insane for a couple days.
Another day at my own home I was starring into my mirrior when all of a sudden it seemed like something was trying to jump out of the mirror at me, it was actually vibrating. Very wierd!

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
One of my more interesting happenings with mirrors took place in a dream.I was in my friends basement which is normally dark.

I remember being infront of it chanting and drawing some sort of spell onto it.I knew that it was bad so i stopped.

I am generally afraid to use dark powers for it alwaysw turns on you..

The one thing i would like to say is this...I made a mistake...I wished for things...With my true heart i wanted to see..certain things come about..How come then if i wished to see..and be...more?Have I spent many years running from what i found and what i wanted to become.

In all my studies of life i have discovered that it all comes down to one thing one centre of gravity that all events in your life revolve around.
Some say this thing is god others say its just a mass of energy...held together by information others say that it doesnt even really exsist.

This thing I speak of is none other than yourself as many of you..my friends
my friends have stated before me here.Focus on yourself and who you are...Then let me say.The rest will unravel as you go along...It might not be easy but know yourself and you will start to piece it all together.
Is that right?I dunno let me hear your thoughts?.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
"To thine own self be true" Not sure if that exactly states what you are talking about Toraylin (I'm sure I spelled it wrong sorry) but that is what I thought about when I read your post.

edited: I'm amazed I did spell it right.

[edit on 6-1-2006 by Griff]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Exactly Griff. I have always and only focused on myself and why I do things.
Of all things that i am the one that i have to say i am thankful for,is being
a strong gypsy.We tend to tie most things into one religion and call it belief.
While I hold my mother(the earth)responsible or so to say in the knowing of all things called good and bad.I keep me ear to the winds.hehe

If I am to grow strong and able to do whats to be done by me I have to listen to her in every word spoken and step taken shall I want to stay with her and walk the shallow waters of the true.Shall I take on my own judgement and not that of the true inner voice that says.I think thats wrong or i dont like that.I will lose my light and the forest shall be gone to me.

So many do not hear the call of their own voice due to many different reasons.Or have it snuffed out by others.My mother keeps me close.
I dont know why...but i hear her cry.i...ts horrible..Its getting louder...Soon we who hear it will have to answer .........Not by choice but out of sheer need..to stop our own pain and suffering at the hands of those who care not for her but their ownselves.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
There are many good perspectives on these issues. I do like the fact that the discussion has remained focused. I do believe that you must be careful of what you wish for. It is written that vengence be mine. This is because God does not have revenge He will choose on whose behalf He will bring vengence. But request for vengence by God does have a price.

As to the issue of the occult, there are spiritualities and principalities that are sovern. Both good and bad. It is the free will - choosing the apple or not - as to messing with the occult as sometimes you may be consumned by your own curiousity in human form.Legalcatalyst.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
It was my curiosity for knowledge without the use of wisdom that led me to my ultimate derailing.If you provoke the waves of destiny(going out on a limb there)and try to obtain knowledge before you are ready for it.You might not be able to handle the outcome.

In many times do we want things pertaining to small instances that mean little.Wanting drastic things to happen to make ourselves feel better.First off to ask in any kind of "wrong" manner such as wanting to be rich without a good cause(other than self fullfilment).Is to invite bad intention upon yourself.Recently one of us wrote of a pendulum.I think that this is very true.

In regards to this.Let me ask this.If you want a reaction there must be an action.In my journeys across the land I have quested and bled many times both of skin and of heart to obtain what i have for my voice(soul).When i want something that i have not worked for I will pay for in time.When i do good...good happens when i do bad....bad happens.

When you wish for something ask yourself for it then ask what you must do to achieve this.Everything i write is my own opinions I dont want anyone to think that im preaching here.But if you do the work yourself.
The rest will fall into place.

HS

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Believe me, even the alledged angel that I talked to for 3-4 hours in the mirror was not sent by God. She said if I didn't believe she was real, she would leave. It took a while to sink in, God knows I never talk longer than a sentence or so to entities that exist if they don't answer back anymore. The only one I talk to, silently or aloud without a worded response is God.
I do not have a conversation with a supposed angel for 3 hours, one sentence apiece back and forth lickety split, to have her tell me that if I don't believe she exists, she is leaving. If she was a good angel facing God speaking through the Holy Spirit, then she would have known that I was quite happy finally finding an intelligent entity in the cosmos to have a real conversation with at the time. Beware the deceit of the evil one my friends, for you know not that you bear false witness when you see a face, a body, in the mirror that looks back, speaks back. There is no good angel with God that is false witness to my being. I forgive this trespass. No more seeing dozens of faces a day during 8 hour meditation sessions for me as during the last 3 1/2 decades. I have much more to write you my faithful friends, and the story will go on. The evil one recently mindspoke to me, saying it had a use for me. Get thee hence Satan. Go worship God and follow all the commandments. Do not steal my thinking time with idle comments like you have a use for me.

HS

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I would say If you are ever offered any kind of power or protection I wouldnt take it.I followed an evil spirit for years doing its "bidding"under the guise that it was my guardian.I realized that it wasnt good when I figured that god or whatever wouldnt spite anything nor would it make me feel depressed or not good enough that i was a loser.hese are also minimal signs of a low level possesion.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by toraylin
I would say If you are ever offered any kind of power or protection I wouldnt take it.I followed an evil spirit for years doing its "bidding"under the guise that it was my guardian.I realized that it wasnt good when I figured that god or whatever wouldnt spite anything nor would it make me feel depressed or not good enough that i was a loser.hese are also minimal signs of a low level possesion.

This is where my experience seems to differ from most of yours. I didnt 'see' a face or an entity talk to me. After staring into the mirror long enough everything tends to go black.. I sort of slumped into a semi-open eyed meditation.

During my experience, I saw my image in the mirror the entire time. I was fully aware of what I was doing (sitting infront of a mirror). But my mind was going a million different directions so quickly that I was having an extremely hard time just keeping up with the images that flew into my focus.

It was surreal. Every 'problem' in my life was pyscho analyzed to such an extreme ratio that when I finally came too, I knew exactly what I had to do, or feel, or remember.

See, one of the main reasons I felt I needed to stay with this 'event' was because I needed to see if my soul was still there. I just went throuh a very very rough divorce and had a depressional breakdown. I sat in my basement staring at a 12guage for 3 hours conteplating my own death. Eventually, I stood up, cocked the gun (still mounted on the wall), placed my forhead to the barrel and nudged the gun forward setting off the trigger. Of course, I'm still here, the gun was unloaded.. but I didnt know that.

During my experience with the mirror and the mediation, I was shown that event. I was shown how precious life is. The whole time I was thinking back on that day, I kept repeating, "It could have gone either way.". From there my mediation flew off into a perspective of what if it did go that way, and this is God placing me back, giving me a second chance. When I woke from my meditation, I felt reborn. Almost fully aware of 'alter-dimensions' and in one time line, that gun was loaded and I didnt make it.

Man I can talk about this # forever..

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I have read some of the responses given and am most intrigued. I will read all of the responses before I comment in depth my feelings towards this issue. The paranormal forum is so interesting to me it's like food and I'm oh so hungry. From the little I have read I can offer this advice, anything you do in the occult with ill intention WILL come back to you three fold. Like one of the users said be careful what you wish for.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by necromancer9
From the little I have read I can offer this advice, anything you do in the occult with ill intention WILL come back to you three fold. Like one of the users said be careful what you wish for.

Your advice is strictly your opinion. I believe "occult" practices are very real and very powerful. I've actually done alot of research on it lately and some of the # really spooks me and I agree it shouldnt be messed with.

But some of the practices are based on a higher being. A god, creator, ect. Finding this practices (within the rubbish of modern religion) is somewhat hard to come by.

If you ask me, a higher force, lets call it, 'Good' or "not-evil" has setup so many practices for us to better enlighten ourselves. Most people just don't know where to look, and need to be "told" by a church.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
You know quitesoul.Id have to say that the church generally directs you towards itself.Many many people within the church are so close minded that they actually hinder the spiritual growth of themselves and those around them.

This is my personal opinion but .Christianity has some good points but shows you to depend upon god and karma to get things done.I on the other hand believe that it is our job to uphold the good and help god/higher power-whatever.

[edit on 13-1-2006 by toraylin]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I've read account of your mirror gaze and I believe you did experience something very unique. To be able to see the true beauty in things is very difficult and to then see it in it's simplest form is even harder. I wish I could have that experience to see things for what they truely are. Consider yourself lucky and blessed to have some other wordly being watching over you who cared enough to give you the gift of sight. It must have been an overwhelming feeling of joy that you felt and you probably missed it after it was over. The best part being, you now look at life in a whole new light and can see things that the rest of us can only read about . Good luck to you on lifes journey and thanks for letting us gain a little insight into the wonders all around us.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Originally posted by toraylin
If you are going to do any kind of chanting or spiritaul seeking.MAKE IT CLEAR..No evil spirits are allowed within this circle or room .I suggest using a protective altar.Ask for your gods or whatevers protection aswell.To get the best results i suggest this.

I'm sorry to say but once you decide to dabble in the occult, you give up your rights to call any of the shots. Believe me, unless you have a God given gift, such as being a medium, God doesn't want you messing with the occult.

This has been a public service announcement.

Peace

Noncense. Occult isn't evil or negative. Just because a lot of people don't know what they are on about or just are into it to rebel or act cool means nothing. IT hurts them, they hurt themselves it's not the occult or the teachings of the occult that causes harm. if that;s how you think a lot of people can say the same about any religion and life philosophies. Just because there are a few rotten apples doesn't mean the entire basket is rotten.

I've been part of the occult of 5 or so years and I'm the one calling the shots whenever i summon a goetia (demon) or invoke an "angel" or elemental.

there is a reason why you should study the theory for at least a year before doing any practical rituals/spell casting or summoning. but people don't put the effort and dedication into it and think it's all instant. forget it.

people act as if the occult is a sinonym of Satanism. WRONG. occultism is just another path you can take just like religion or science. just because it's an alternative route doesn't make it any less acceptable. damn christians just gave it a bad label because it was something they couldn't agree with. but within the occult there are as many good as bad people just like any other religion.

people are so ignorant at times it annoys the hell out of me. shallow idiots.

take the time to read these 12 pages of text. it takes 25-30 mins. if you can't be bothered to read even that then you got no right to talk about the occult.
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 14-1-2006 by Enyalius]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join