It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Careful what you wish for

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Have you ever uttered any small wish or question towards an entity?
Have you sat in a dark room with candels? A mirror perhaps?

Many people who start to dabble and develope their spiritual connection try chanting to the forces unknown.THIS IS A WARNING...Careful

It is too easy to ally yourself to the worst things. Demons ruled by the forces of darkness dont play by any rules that pertain to you.I wouldnt suggest anyone doing anything without at least some religious background.

If you are going to do any kind of chanting or spiritaul seeking.MAKE IT CLEAR..No evil spirits are allowed within this circle or room .I suggest using a protective altar.Ask for your gods or whatevers protection aswell.To get the best results i suggest this.

If you expect to reach anything on any kind of level put effort into your whole sceance meditation or O.B.E..Try starting with something small
and add to it over time.Dont keep going,set boundaries that you can expand....

Many many people get lost or taken control of,even end up attached to horrible things(ahem)...Dont be a fool this is serious stuff and if you only half believe in them or even if you dont...They believe in you...Careful WHAT you are asking to help you....

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by toraylin
If you are going to do any kind of chanting or spiritaul seeking.MAKE IT CLEAR..No evil spirits are allowed within this circle or room .I suggest using a protective altar.Ask for your gods or whatevers protection aswell.To get the best results i suggest this.

I'm sorry to say but once you decide to dabble in the occult, you give up your rights to call any of the shots. Believe me, unless you have a God given gift, such as being a medium, God doesn't want you messing with the occult.

This has been a public service announcement.

Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I didnt say this would determine any outcome for anything.And i speak in a general sense based on the many opinions and thoughts that i have gathered from as many resources as i come across if that is your opinion fine.Oh by the way God is the occult and supernatural.

Just because you believe that dabbling in the occult is frowned upon by the god of your choice does not mean anything to me.God does not suffer from human biasedness.Or at least ten of them that i know of.

Oh and how do you think people fight the forces of evil?
just a question because in my studies if you dont know what it is your trying to fight whether it be demons or human thought,you wont be going anywhere.I hate talking religion because every man and woman has their own beliefs and as soon as i see the pitchforks and torches the claws and fangs come out....

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   

If it's just in a general sense and might or might not work, isn't that pretty risky? You could be making a deal with the devil and you wouldn't even know it. Why else channel a spirit other than to ask about the future or a deceased loved one? All the time you're breaking a cosmic law that could end up costing you your soul. The enemy lies and deceives and is in the business of stealing souls. That's all it does, and no altar or picture of Elvis or whatever is going to stop it.

Oh and how do you think people fight the forces of evil?

The way to fight evil starts with you. That power is in your heart. It's how you live your life. It's how you treat others. God gave us free will and it's our choice to use it for doing right or doing wrong. The enemy feeds off of your bad choices and insecurities.

If you find yourself in a paranormal situation that was totally beyond your control I would advise contacting the clergy or a professional demonologist.

Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I know that the only battle resides within.You are very wise i must say and thank you for this talk. I only want to offer advice to those who meddle
although the best advice would be to not to do it.

I must pay for what ive done i know that.And the alter is only for focus anyway of your intent and purpose to ask for help is to strangthen your belief in yourself.Its all im my head anyway.....lol
And the greatest way to talk to god i believe is by yourself but this again is for me.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by toraylin]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
When people talk about going down this road, I can do nothing but be as blunt as possible. Like I said before, unless you have a God given gift, this kind of power is not meant for us. Seeking it out is an abomination.

....You are very wise...

Could you please send out a global U2U and make every member aware of this?

Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I'm sorry to say but once you decide to dabble in the occult, you give up your rights to call any of the shots. Believe me, unless you have a God given gift, such as being a medium, God doesn't want you messing with the occult.

This has been a public service announcement.

Peace

This sentence has more wisdom than pages of rhetoric of those who 'think; they are in control..Mediums are born with protection.Thank you for posting this.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by siriuslyone]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I don't believe that God doesn't want us to "dabble" in things like this. Doesn't it say in the bible that "faith as big as a mustard seed can move mountains"? Also, didn't John (or Peter, I forget) walk on the water with Jesus? Further, wouldn't all the miracles that Jesus did make him a scorceror? What about the miracles other saints have performed? Don't you have to perform 3 miracles to be considered a saint? So, in conclusion I believe that magick (occultism) is the same as miracles and faith. Just my opinion though. BTW, you don't need an alter/book of shadows/atheme/etc. to perform magick. It's all in your intent, the objects are just to focus your intent.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by Griff]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
Doesn't it say in the bible that "faith as big as a mustard seed can move mountains"?

Having faith and being an armchair soothsayer are two completely different things. Faith is not about knowing the unknowable, it's trusting and believing in your heart in something that you're not meant to know. Faith is also about trusting that you will know the unknowable when God or whatever creator you choose to believe in sees fit. Maybe it's in the next life or the next dimension, who knows.

Channeling spirits and asking them for the answers to the unknowable is not having faith.

Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
In order for one to accept that God doesn't want you meddling, then you would have to be aligned to Christian Beliefs. Esoteria or the occult as it is so crudely referred to, is inner knowledge,

Religions done wonders for centuries to perpetuate lies and fears within people to control them. Be careful not to sit in a dark room with candles 'cos the evil spirits will get you.

No your fears will get you, whatever they may be and usually they involve "demons and devils' which are a chrsitian creation and which have been taught to our christian society since childhood.

As siriously said. True students have gone well beyond ":evils gonna get you"

Only your fears are going to get you and fears are designed to be conquered.

and yup Griff, pure will. thats what does it... and you can't have pure willl with fears that some little red devils going to come and poke you in the butt..

occult = esoteria = spirituality = god principle

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Channeling spirits and asking them for the answers to the unknowable is not having faith.

Peace

I agree with you here. Channeling spirits is very dangerous. Like you said, who's to know that these entities are communicating truth or what have you.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Mayet

Yes, religion has been used to perpetuate lies and fears (and war I might add), but the basic principles of religion such as belief in a creator, good will towards man, and faith are all that counts regardless of what religion you choose to believe in.

Good and evil are not just religious manifestations, they're cosmic ones. They've been here since the beginning of time and they'll be here until the end of time. It's a constant battle. The fact of the matter is that the creator has set down cosmic laws that must be obeyed by all supernatural entities. It has nothing to do with "christian". "Christian" just muddies the water.

At least that's my opinion.

Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I agree with you Dr. Love on the good and evil part. It's a balance/yin and yang/light and dark. You can't have one without the other. Sorry to go off topic.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
As stated yin and yang make a whole if light needs darkness and vice versa.Does this justify the presnece of evil as being needed?I know i need it..A balance must be attained and let me say this on my own accord .
To truly know one way is to know the other.Only when the whole of the yin and the yang together is accepted as being needed will you truly try to accept yourself as a whole.Both sides anyone who tells you they do not sin or think evil thoughts is a liar beware of them...Lol to all...

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
I agree with you Dr. Love on the good and evil part. It's a balance/yin and yang/light and dark. You can't have one without the other. Sorry to go off topic.

The absence of evil does not mean the absence good, it only means the abscence of the ability for a 3rd person observer to perceive it.

Evil is only needed for us to be able to perceive good, not for good to exist.

Sorry to go off topic, but there is a big difference in my opinion.

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

[edit on 5/1/2006 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Spirits and entities, IMHO, aren't the only "thing" to worry about: WHAT you wish could also be a problem.

Usually, i love to say something like "be very careful on what you wish, because chances are that it gets fulfilled"

And since life doesn't lack the sense of irony, people should be very careful with their wishes...

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparhawk
Spirits and entities, IMHO, aren't the only "thing" to worry about: WHAT you wish could also be a problem.

Usually, i love to say something like "be very careful on what you wish, because chances are that it gets fulfilled"

Exactly.

Karma will always mantain balance.

When the pendulum swings one way it is inevitable that sooner or later it will swing in the opposite way with an equal force.

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   

You have only 1 wish left remaining

HS

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Having trapsed through the 4th dimension as I did, and seen, talked with, smelled, tasted and felt on my skin thousands of 'visions', I am now glad to shut that door on a chapter in my life. When I asked some of these guys standing around in this dimension what their name was, they said 'go home'. Since I was sitting in my own living room, I had no idea where my mind travelled to, but obviously it was not at my home. I felt very sick after this was all over for about a year. The mediums I have written to also report feeling sick after making contact. The difference is, they do their work in a circle, I went on a solo journey through a dimension that was so awesome they should make a movie of it.

HS

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Now personally , Truer words cannot be spoken, at least when it comes to "Be careful what you wish for!"

Now not many people may know this ,but i've had a really weird life! My mother is kind of a Christian Holy woman, something i've had to deal with(i know i'm selfish, but hey! i'm only Human) and I know i'm not insane when i say that i'm sensitive to things that are out of the norm.

when i think of my younger years, Which was like Yesterday, I think of my own pride and arrogance. But at least I knew of one thing, That you can't really trust anybody fully who offers you a free ride!

Now i'm not saying that you can't trust anything or anybody , All i'm saying is that people don't usually hand out freebee's. that goes with usually anything!

I traveled the U.S. (which isn't much compared to all there is to travel)and made many friends that seemed as abnormal as me, the only difference was, That i never had the ,If it makes me stronger now attitude.

And that is kind of the whole point of this thread, In my journeys i've learned that people who are perceptive in a special way , often Allign themselves with beings (now this is sometimes as much conscious as much as subconscious) that give them a certain amount of knowledge or control of the enviroment they lived in.

In retrospect all I can say is that it is truly a shame that some people can't live normal lives before they reach this sort of perception, and to me that is unfair.

nothing against anyone, Its just sometimes we don't realize the affect taht a shortcut that we get through simple pleading to other powers might be to the real world ,as well as people around us.

Its something that is normally only visable after being totally one-sided or just trying to make your own life easier,Then seeing part of the effects around you.

Not realizing the effect of your own misguided views on what should be and what shouldn't.

It takes a while for alot of folks to realize that they really don't know anything!that any insight or any tiny puzzle piece , no matter how Grand it seems is only a small part of the workings that is the life we live in.

We often, in our own ignorance think we know enough to tamper with powers and abilities beyond what we are truly ready for.

If you can't get along with your fellow man enough to mind your own business, then you shouldn't be playing(and yes i mean playing as a snott nose brat does)with powers and forces that will effect them , just for your own selfish ends.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't explore existance more than is offered to you by your own perception, upbringing, or religious opnion says you should.

Just that your actions often affect more than yourself! Even when you don't think they do! And if you don't have enough common sense to be careful where you tread, then you are just lunch meat , because a bad attitude can only take you as far as you can spit! and even the earliest explorers had some sort of defined strategy or plan.

Now I realize that warning people not to do something is just plain futile, cause they are probably already doing it. and if they are not , odds are my simple opnion will have no effect on what they are going to do.

but for those of you that are willing to listen , Wisdom may not seem equal to what is considered Power, The power to effect, change or erase certain things. But Without it ,You will truly be lost, If you have no true respect to any kind of wisdom&logic , THan your journey will be a sad pitiful thing.

You should explore your self , before you take the journey to exploring things that are the outside of what seems reality, ANd if you have no true ( I know i sound like an old woman when i say this)understanding of yourself in lifes experiences(AND YES WHAT YOU DO NORMALLY IN LIFE MATTERS MUCH MORE THAN YOU CAN PERCIEVE IN OTHER REALMS) than your really not ready to explore that which is beyond.

<<   2 >>

join