It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals and you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
In many followings of belief and sorcery we are tied to certain elements and animals as we journey along our way.Many people believe that we are
tied to representations of what we would like to think we are,this results with everyone claiming kinship to wolves and tigeras even dragons no doubt.This can happen but more likely not.

My animals include the robin rabbit/hare/bunny and frog/toad.The Native american culture(in my eyes)has one of the greatest connection to the earth and the animals around us.I dont mean simple stuff either i mean a hardcore inner connection.

I have not followed it to the ends but in my beliefs humans develope connections with the animals that pertain to them the most.Every one has characteristics of certain animals themselves.The chinese zodiacs are presented by animals containing characteristics pertaining to the people born in those years.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Personally, i think "my" animal is the sparrow hawk. First of all, this can be seen in my nickname (well, my nick is inspired on one of my favourite novelist's characters, but i think he got inspiration from the sparrow hawk), nickname i feel very "close" to me.
Many of my friends who know this nick tell me it suits me pretty well, both for my appereance (sp?) and my personality.
Then, lastly, i discovered that according to the mayan zodiac, my sign is the falcon.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Sounds most definitly like this has shown itself to you.Considering i know the char basis and have read some of your posts i would say the name suits you

Neighbour.....hahaha..lol

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
As far as i can tell, it's the butterfly for me. The Dryadula to be exact. When i was in HS, i was very lost and curious about the world around me. I started to do A LOT of research on wicca and the occult, and one of the first things they tell you to do is to pick your familiar, or more apropriately (sp?), be open to it finding you.
While i was outside just as i had read that, a butterfly flew right up to me and landed on my chest, she hung around for a minute or 2, and then fluttered away. and from that moment til maybe 3 or 4 years ago, everywhere i went a single butterfly was always seen.
It would either land on me or someone i was with, or i would be driving, or sitting on the bus and one would fly up to the window and stay at the speed i was moving at.
When i stopped paying attention and focused more on christianity as i grew older, that butterfly has slipped away.

But now (perhaps off topic), since my father's died, my mom believes that the kitten i rescued a year ago is the spirit of my father. He has a very human face. plus i was deathly allergic to cats (and hated them with a passion) until the day i found that kitten. I feel in love, and have not sneezed or rashed once. . . . go figure

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
One thing i do know is that familiars do change as do the seasons of our spirit and the winds of the earth.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by toraylin
Sounds most definitly like this has shown itself to you.Considering i know the char basis and have read some of your posts i would say the name suits you

Neighbour.....hahaha..lol

Well, thank you neighbour...

Anyway, yes, i could say it has shown itself to me... or at least, that's what i feel when i think of it... and the fact i've been using this name for almost 7 years now, and the fact i sometimes only hear this name instead of my "original" one, makes me think so...

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I have and have always had a strong connection with wolves, I believe the wolf is my spirit guide and the tutrle my totum,

I also have a way of being able to calm an animal from dog,cats, birds.and horses, people come to me with injured animals as i seen to be able to calm then enough to fix them ,

I guess its also the way i look at things, i never put my self above anything, as i believe that for this earth to work we need each other animals,humans, and plants ect to work,

its all about the circle, and just like a stone thrown in to a pond every thing causes ripples, and them ripples grow and merg in to each other,

new topics

top topics

join