It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis found and destroyed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
A while back i have studied the medditeranian sea and i think i may have found what might of happen to atlantis.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

This is my discovery

The destrution of atlantis takes place or the time of Moses.

The greek islans that are south of greece. if you look there is a volcano

underwater in the middle of the islands. now what is the volacano erupted

in a magnitute never now to man. it might of ripped the island apart

causing a maga tusnami twice the hight of ESB (empire state building)

which is posible no by earthquakes but my landslides which is theioreticly

possible by one island breaking apart. Now that wave will be moving in all

directions and it has and a direct path to the red sea by rivers. Dont say it

cant happen but a wave that size i will happen. now as moses got to the

red sea it was luck that the wave moving in speeds not know to man that

the wave made the red sea lost all of the sea lvl due to the wave this size

that had just the time for them to cross and for the people that were trying

to capture them got hit with the force of 1000 hiroshima's of force. I also

remember that a city undersiege with gigantic fireballs falling into the city.

that could of been from the debree for the eruption from the volcano. Well

look at it from the volcan to about isreal is realy not that far. but a volcano

that size could of had a huge eruption rate that could of when hundreds of

even thousands of miles from the point of the eruption.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

to me this is very interesting and i would like to hear from other

for this link you will have to scroll down a bit to get to greece

www.volcano.si.edu...

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Reading that was tough. Try proofreading your message and doing it again.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
agree with above comment on proof reading. However the theory sounds plausable. See if you can provide more dates to collaberate your stury further. Good start though.

d1k

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I read it just fine. Double spacing gives you guys trouble?

Newspaperman, where is the volcano in that map you posted?

*late edit*

DUH, nm I guess I should have scrolled down.

[edit on 11-6-2006 by d1k]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
It wasn't the spacing, it was the spelling. It is a thought though.

d1k

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Wow! Looking at all those maps I never knew there were SO MANY volcanos!

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by d1k
Wow! Looking at all those maps I never knew there were SO MANY volcanos!

Yes, there are a lot of them. But many of them have been dormant for a loooong time. Campi Flegi in Italy for example has not erupted in historical times. The Alban Hills is another example, and all of the volcanoes that are on Oahu are extinct.
The Moses - Atlantis link is not new, and there have been efforts to claim that the eruption of Thera/Santorini at around 1500 BC a) might have had an impact on the Nile delta, leading to the Red/Reed Sea disaster and b) might have destroyed the home of Atlantis. The latter is a massive leap, as Thera was a colony of Crete and was not at war with the Myceneans (who controlled Athens, which was the supposed main enemy of the Atlanteans).

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I watched the Discovery Channel show about a Mega Tsunamis last night.

A volcanic island breaks up causing a landslide that yields waves 150 feet tall up to 200 meters.

When you look at the destruction caused by the last Asian Tsunami, try to imagine
waves 10 times higher and worse.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I think that this volcano-tidal-wave theory has been around for a long time no?

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I like the thought, but think there is great expanse of time, between the Altantis aspect, and the events in Thera and connecting it to the Exodus.

At the least, 3000 or 4000 Years, but thats fine. Just my personal view.

There are at least 10 Generations between Noah, and Abraham, and to Mose, that is another 5 or more.

Now, unless, you are offering the suggestion that Atlantis was confined within the Med Basin, I think the two are not as connected as you are suggesting.

Atlantis was in the Azores
Atlantis was off the Emerald Isles
Atlantis was off the Topic Americas
Atlantis was off the Bimini Area.

I can support any of these, and likewise, can support the MED, and even the Black Sea, if I must, but I think others have addressed this in other Posts here. We see evidence in all of these places.

So, I feel the Volcano that erupted in Thera, was further evidence, of the Flooding, that occured regularly, as the Preist told Solon, and is recounted by Plato in Timeaus's and Critias's conversation.

This does fall well within the time frame of Moses, and could have effected the Red Sea in such a manner. Anything is possible in respects to this, I guess.

But I think, the destruction of Altantis, (whatever that really means) and the civilizations that grew on the outlying areas, such as is found in the MED Basin, and the Azores, and Bimini and Cuba, and the North Sea, and the Black Sea, are all part and parcel of the same event, and The Volcano in Thera, could not be responsible for all of this.

The destruction of the Minoan Civilization and effecting the Med and surrounding areas, certainly.

I trust you understand what I am meaning.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Atlantis is in the Atlantic ocean the name ever says it. And even the atlantis fracture zone if you look at this map

www.greatdreams.com...

the people that say other things just want tourism

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Interesting Theory but how much evidence do you have that a volcano actually blew up at that time, and caused that amount of damage.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Hmm, it's a good theory, a little far-fetched maybe, but crazier stuff have hapenned in history. I like to hear if you have some evidences that this all may be correct.

Atlantis is in the Atlantic ocean the name ever says it. And even the atlantis fracture zone if you look at this map

yeah it sounds like the most logical, but i'm really not sure if all these thousands of years ago the Atlantic Ocean already had that name...

the people that say other things just want tourism

How about the antarctica theory? I really doubt that all the penguins there would like some more tourism

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
well the best thing to look for would be abnormal features in ocean, sea, and lake floors. core samples would be good also. if you find the right combntion of things (geo. artifacts, large amount of sullfir, under water volcano, and crater) you might have found it. well i know that it would take a while but think of what we could learn.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The red sea doesn't actually connect to the Mediteranean sea. A tsunami originating in the Mediteranean might cause flooding across the low lying areas between the two bodies of water, but would not cause an ebb tide that would account for the red sea crossing. A tsunami traveling up the red sea would, and there are many volcanoes in ethiopia and djibouti that might cause such an effect.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
way down below the ocean is where i will be
see donovan

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlantian

The map doesn't actually prove anything. The rift zone has never been above the surface of the Atlantic (except in Iceland) and besides putting a city anywhere near a rift zone is just asking for trouble, in the form of lots of lava.
Let's go back to the real story - it's a story, by Plato, based on something an Egyptian told his grandfather, Solon, only most of it made no sense. At the time that the story says that Atlantis was powerful, its' main enemy Athens... was a collection of thatched huts. Doesn't sound like a powerful enemy capable of confronting a superpower, does it?

Plus, there is no confirmation of this tale in Egypt. Nothing at all has ever been discovered to back it up.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Jesus GOD!

I think I got dumber from reading that..

(Spell check)

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Well, first I would like to say that this explanation is indeed plausible and supported by reputible scientific sources. These sources, however, proposed this theory a while back on the discovery channel. So try to give credit where credit is due next time you "figure everything out". Word for word, the discovery channel show said everything you are presenting as your own theory here.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Well maybe he didn't know that

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Lord Bane]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join