It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu and chills

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
My family had this flu,and it hit my 32 year old girl 3 times in 3 weeks.I had it for 4 weeks and its the pits!!!,Shes on meds from her Doctor and was hospitalied for iv,s for 3 days.Anyone think its not bad?,your just kidding yourself.The older people cant take this flu,yet that brid flu,
good luck

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Did you or your children grow up around farm animals?

I think the key to building a healthy immune system is constant exposure to a wide variety of germs at a young age.

I grew up first on a farm, and was in close contact with lambs, chickens, pigs, cows, and so forth. I played in mud rife with bacteria, and my parents were never the sort to break out the handi wipes every time I sullied my hands.

Funny thing is, I don't get sick.

Is my method smellier than medication? You bet it is. But it's also a hell of a lot more effective.

Don't treat the symptoms, adress the cause of infection, which is a weak immune system. When you grow up in air conditioning, taking medications, sanitized to the nth degree, the moment something slips through your protective net, you're as good as gone. Envision your immune system as a barbarian on a battlefield, not some sissy little weakling reliant on technology and hygeine for protection.

Unless you live in a tropical climate. Then I just reccomend you move somewhere where the diseases are a bit more manageable. I may have a powerful immune system, but I'll leave the flesh rotting and the penile parasites to folks who can't stand the cold. I'll shovel snow if it keeps me from collapsing into an agonized puddle of goo.

Seriously, if you think influenza is bad, tropical diseases will streak your hair...

new topics

join