It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel preparing to use nuclear weapons against Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
So there's a lot of discussion as to how deep the bunker busters Israel has gotten can go, and if they could be effective against Iran's nuclear facilities.

Let's say the bunker busters can only go through 2 meters of reinforced concrete. Israel got 500 bombs. No where in the rules does it say you can only drop one bunker buster per bunker...Iran would have to build their nuclear facilities with a little more than 18 meters of concrete to prevent a strike. If you recall, the US didn't use just one bunker buster when they went after a target. Remember that opening salvo against the position we suspected Saddam to be at? How many missiles and bombs did we drop on the same target?

I don't see why the nuclear option is the only option to take out Iran's facilities. Even as Westpoint said, Israel could take out the entrances to the facilities along with the mines, and then take their time destroying the actual facilities.

What's really interesting is Iran comes out saying a nuclear war with Israel is a viable option because, while the Arab middle east would suffer, they would survive while Israel would be flattened in the nuclear strikes. Then, a couple weeks later, it becomes blatantly obvious to supporters of Iran that it is actually Israel who will do what Iran said it would do, because Iran is smarter than actually following through with what they said they'd do...
Did y'all want to try to capitalize on the outrage expressed towards Iran after those statements and try to twist it to be against Israel?

There's always the possibility of a nuclear bunker buster. Not sure if these were evre produced, but it wouldn't suprise me. And even if they weren't given to Israel, I'm sure they could modify one of the bigger ones with a warhead, if they indeed have them.

Bear in mind, I'm not saying this is a good idea, only a possibility.

edit - oops, didn't notice you had to pay for the article, here's another.

And good 'ol Wikipedia.

[edit on 1/5/2006 by yadboy]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I agree in principal that nuking any part of the Iranian population is a bad idea. An all out campaign to exterminate the leaders and those that are backing any part of the weaponized nuclear program in Iran would be a better alternative. Maybe then democracy can flourish in Iran.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

According to one global security archive, Iran has several operational uranium mines at depths exceeding 300 metres. Good luck with those.

You just take out the entrances and they can keep their nuclear material in that 300 meter deep mine.

You beat me to the punch with that excellent piece of logic.
Why do we have to hit the bombs themself? In fact, the deeper they are buried underground, the more vulnerable they are to a variety of attack methods.

I haven't read this entire thread, but wanted to point out, if it hasn't already been done, that the US has nixed the idea of nuclear bunker busters in favor of newly designed more conventional busters.

Another point which has probably be discussed is delivery systems. I'm not aware of anything Iran has to deliver to the US. We, on the other hand, can park a sub in the Gulf and lob nuclear snowballs at our leisure.

But I hope it never comes to that. There are many Iranians, mostly the younger generations, who want to be friendly with the west, and it would be a shame to nuke them.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The title of this thread is misleading and false by all means. Although every Western government has plans drawn up for a nuclear strike, these plans are just scenerios.

Israel does have a plan for a pre-emptive strike on Irans nuclear plants. It's not a scenerio based plan nor is it an idea conjured up by the Mossad or CIA. It's real and it just a matter of time at this moment.

The entire Middle East knows of these plans and they are helpless to stop them when they are implemented.

Iran, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Jordan and the rest of the Middle East are powerless to stop Israel. Why do you think that Israel still exists today? Answer: Because there are almost a billion Muslims with the knowledge that Israel will wipe THEM off the face of the Earth if push comes to shove.

The attemped eradication of Israel will only mean the destruction of the Arabian world.

Who said that? I said that.

Peace out!

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Two Israeli air force squadrons are training to blow up an Iranian facility using low-yield nuclear “bunker-busters”, according to several Israeli military sources.

That's right, Israel does have a "secret plan" to bomb Iran if we can trust the source of this story. Looks like the plan would be to attack first and deny it later.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join