It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel preparing to use nuclear weapons against Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Global Research

The first rumors of Israel working on its own nuclear bomb arose back in the mid-1950s, when the Jewish state's scientific institutions started serious nuclear physics research. But only in 1986 did the rest of the world find out the real scale of Israel's work on nuclear weapons, thanks to Israeli nuclear scientist Mordechai Vanunu. With the assistance of Irish journalists Sean O'Carroll and Maria Escribano, we have managed to interview Israel's most prominent dissident. Mordechai Vanunu told us about the threat of a nuclear catastrophe hanging over the Middle East.

Question: You say that Israel already has nuclear weapons. Iran is on its way to acquiring them. And these two countries regularly exchange threats about bombing each other. How likely is a nuclear conflict in the Middle East?

Mordechai Vanunu: All I can say is this: the Israeli government is preparing to use nuclear weapons in its next war with the Islamic world. Here where I live, people often talk of the Holocaust. But each and every nuclear bomb is a Holocaust in itself. It can kill, devastate cities, destroy entire peoples. The Israeli Defense Ministry has long had a nuclear arsenal. Israeli intelligence tried to keep the existence of this arsenal secret from the outside world, but fortunately did not succeed. Nevertheless, they are still trying to silence me - even now, after seventeen-and-a-half years in prison.

Q: Do you know how many nuclear bombs Israel has?

M. V.: When I worked at Dimona, nuclear materials were already being produced there - plutonium, lithium, tritium, and others. Enough to make ten nuclear bombs per year. In other words, starting from 1985, Israel has over 200 nuclear warheads by now.

Frankly, we don't have to Worry about Iran dropping a Nuke on Isreal, but about Isreal Nuking Iran.

And I already know, that the Majority of the Members will actually Agree with that Idea!

That's the Most Frightening thing about this News.

[edit on 5/1/06 by Souljah]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Noting was said in that interview that most of the world didnt already know....

Irans President wants Isreal whiped of the map, We all know Irans goal is to get a bomb, So what he says is a valid threat, If Isreal nukes Iran first then so be it Iran asked for it.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
Irans President wants Isreal whiped of the map, We all know Irans goal is to get a bomb, So what he says is a valid threat, If Isreal nukes Iran first then so be it Iran asked for it.

Iran does not have a Nuclear Bomb, so any words that President of Iran uses are pure and Empty Threats, which should not worry Isreal, since they have 200 Nuclear Warheads primed and ready to use against any Enemies around it.

What bothers me is that, Isreal was NEVER Allowed to create a Nuclear Bomb, yet they are the only ones who have them in the Middle East.

How Convenient!

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Iran does not have a Nuclear Bomb, so any words that President of Iran uses are pure and Empty Threats.....

I am amazed at your knowledge of specific intel............The world didn't "think" India, Pakistain, or North Korea had the bombs either until it was too late.

Israel needs to strike soon.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by thermopolis

I knew that there is going to be a Post by a Nuclera Winter Fan, with a Nucler Blast for his Avatar that will use those words.

Nuclea Detonation IS a Holocaust by itself, and whoever drops it is directly responsible for the Warcrimes against Humanity.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Frankly, we don't have to Worry about Iran dropping a Nuke on Isreal, but about Isreal Nuking Iran.

And I already know, that the Majority of the Members will actually Agree with that Idea!

Had those Kelloggs Frosted Propaganda Fruitloops this morning, eh, Souljah?
You are asserting that the majority of members agree with the idea that Israel should nuke Iran? Huh?!
:shk:

No, Israel will not nuke Iran, regardless of some thinking Iran deserves it, which I do not advocate or agree with. No one deserves an outright actual nuking. Using nukes is and should be a last alternative, not a first. Furthermore, your source leaves alot to be desired.

What some members do agree with is that Israel should pre-emptive strike Iran with an aerial assualt as Israel delivered to Iraq and their nuclear facility, and Saddam's desire/pursuit to acquire/build nukes.

Most everyone keeps pointing the finger to Israel having nukes as to the cause of what is happening in the Middle East and with the desire of some nations, such as Iran and Saudi Arabia, to acquire nukes. Personally, I have and currently still do disagree with this, because Arab world ideology towards Israel holds true and has since Israel was recognized as a nation: its utter destruction. As such, even if Israel had no nukes, Arab nations, such as Iran and Saudi Arabia, would still be seeking to acquire nukes, just as they are now.

seekerof

[edit on 5-1-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Yer thermopolis nukes are cool...erm wait no there not they will kill you..
Jeeeez

Some people ayy

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Iran does not have a Nuclear Bomb, so any words that President of Iran uses are pure and Empty Threats, which should not worry Isreal, since they have 200 Nuclear Warheads primed and ready to use against any Enemies around it.

Souljah, You should know That Stating your opinion as fact doesnt fly well, You have no proof Iran does or does not have a Bomb, And neither do I which is why I didnt say they did.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by C0le]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Seeker
I disagree with your logic. If Israel decides to intercede and attack Iran's weapons production capability, they will almost certainly HAVE to use nukes. How else do you propose they destroy the extremely deep, hardened structures that house the facilities?

Iran learned its lesson from the last beatdown, they built their facilities in locations that are innordinately hard to infiltrate, and almost impossible to destroy from the air. That fact was the very impetus for their creation and proliferation. I don't know how many facilities Iran has, but I know they have the resources to build them well, and in quantity.

One has to assume they have taken the expected precaution of building false facilities, using misdirection, and intelligence tampering to hinder the targetting process.

If you really believe the IAF is up to the task, that's fine, but have you really stopped to consider just how difficult it might be for them given the steps taken by Iran since the last throwdown between the two?

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by thermopolis

I knew that there is going to be a Post by a Nuclera Winter Fan, with a Nucler Blast for his Avatar that will use those words.

Nuclea Detonation IS a Holocaust by itself, and whoever drops it is directly responsible for the Warcrimes against Humanity.

Ahhhh "Point of Order" where did I say Israel should Nuke Iran?

Perhaps "France" should carve out a big chunk to move Israel there as the Prez of Iran suggests.

I must agree Nuke Winters do not appeal to me. My avatar to remind people of how horrible it will be...................

But make no mistake a nuclear war is comming and soon............

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Even though it is Iran who is telling the world they will build and use them against isreal? How do you even know Isreal has nukes? Isnt that pretty much just speculation?

You have a really warped sense souljah.

I disagree with your logic. If Israel decides to intercede and attack Iran's weapons production capability, they will almost certainly HAVE to use nukes. How else do you propose they destroy the extremely deep, hardened structures that house the facilities?

They are called Bunker Busters.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by Dronetek]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Had those Kelloggs Frosted Propaganda Fruitloops this morning, eh, Souljah?

Kelloggs?

Sir we don't have such Luxuries in this part of the World, you know.

But I had a cup of fresh Goat Milk, thankyouverymuch!

You are asserting that the majority of members agree with the idea that Israel should nuke Iran? Huh?!
:shk:

I call'em like I see'em.

No one deserves an outright actual nuking. Using nukes is and should be a last alternative, not a first. Furthermore, your source leaves alot to be desired.

For Once I Agree.

I mean I agree with No one deserves to be Nuked part - but I Completly DISAGREE with the entire Nuclear Race Politics to Guarantee you Safety. That is the biggest Bollocks that were ever served to Mankind!

I simply Hate Nuclear weapons, because I know that sooner or later there WILL be Maniac that will use them and shock the world.

What some members do agree with is that Israel should pre-emptive strike Iran with an aerial assualt as Israel delivered to Iraq and their nuclear facility, and Saddam's desire/pursuit to acquire/build nukes.

Why do you think, that Iran's first Option when they get nuclear technology will be - NUKE JERUSALEM?

By doing that, they would also kill Thousands of Palestinians.

That simply is Not Logical, Captain.

Personally, I have and currently still do disagree with this, because Arab world ideology towards Israel holds true and has since Israel was recognized as a nation: its utter destruction. As such, even if Israel had no nukes, Arab nations, such as Iran and Saudi Arabia, would still be seeking to acquire nukes, just as they are now.

Isreal Ideology towards the Arab Nation is not exactly Spotless Either.

I am sure that there are Generals within Isreali Armed Forces, that would love to shut down one of these Threats Permanently - but they just can not do it. That is called Extremism, and they do not have Fan clubs in Islamic Religion only, but in Judaism and Christianity.

India and Pakistan were at war for Decades for a Piece of Kashmir, and when they got Nukes, did they Launch them at each other?

I mean, people are NUTS about Nuclear Weapons - but they are not Crazy.

Yet...

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
They are called Bunker Busters.

Bunker busters can only go so deep i think the best one we have will go through 20 feet of reinforced concrete, And 100ft of earth. I dont know if Isreal has these though, Even if they do Iran could easily remedy this problem by building facilaties deeper and stronger. which im sure they have done.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by C0le]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
As I understand it.

The only reason for Iran getting nukes is to avoid being occupied by US. That way there will be a terrorbalance. Take a look att North Korea thats a greate example of terrorbalance. US do not dare to touch them.

And just to make things clear...I am not siding with anyone.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
On the contrary

Of interest to you and others, COle?

U.S. may sell Bunker Busting Bombs to Israel
Israel to Get 5000 US Smart Bombs, Bunker Busters

Israel has them, be assured of this.

seekerof

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Why do you think, that Iran's first Option when they get nuclear technology will be - NUKE JERUSALEM?

By doing that, they would also kill Thousands of Palestinians.

Not it wouldnt! It would set them free, They would become martyrs! And get to have 72 virgins! VIRGINS!

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaftDebunk
As I understand it.

The only reason for Iran getting nukes is to avoid being occupied by US. That way there will be a terrorbalance. Take a look att North Korea thats a greate example of terrorbalance. US do not dare to touch them.

EXACTLY!

To get access to Nuclear Technology you immediatly get the Invisible Nuclear Immunity Card which does Repell any US and other Western Threats, since it is a matter of, as you perfectly said, TerrorBalance.

You have them, but so do WE!

Nobody wants to risk a Nuclear Exchange - that is the Fear since the Cold War.

So, every Country, that is on the US Hit List must just Obtain Nuclear Device and therefore Guranatee itself Immunity from an Invasion or, as people like to call it Liberation

But the Problem of Iran is, that it is VERY close to Isreal.

Isreal did not have a Problem with Pakistan,

Isreal did not have a Problem with India,

Isreal did not have a Problem with North Korea getting Nuclear.

So, that is what the Heart of this Problem is.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Seeker

You are welcome to disagree with my logic, WyrdeOne, but likewise, I will disagree with yours.
As indicated by the links I provided for COle, Israel has absolutely no need or requirement to utilize nukes on Iran. To be perfectly honest here, I am not understanding why some here seem to think that Israel must or should nuke Iran to prevent Iran from acquiring nukes.

seekerof

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The fact that Iran & Israel is so close makes the nuclear option less understandable... If Iran nukes Israel or vice versa..both will be destroyed..even if only one part sends nukes.

And in a nuclear war...I sure would prefer to get a missilse straight in my head rather then slowly die of something else..like cancers..starvation etc..

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
On the contrary

Of interest to you and others, COle?

U.S. may sell Bunker Busting Bombs to Israel
Israel to Get 5000 US Smart Bombs, Bunker Busters

Israel has them, be assured of this.

So the Isreal has the Bunker Busters Bombs.

But will they Penetrate the Underground Bunkers in which the Nuclear Fascilites are Hidden?

OR will Nuclear Buster Bombs be Needed?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join