It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: US Freezes Iranian Energy Companies Assets.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   
The USA Treasury Department has targetted two Iranian companies under a presidential order signed by George Bush last June which allows the Treasury to freeze USA citizens and Company assets along with also excluding them from trading on USA Markets. The two companies have been named as Mesbah Energy Company and the Novin Energy Company and both are believed to have ties to the Iranian state run Atomic Energy Organization of Iran. Treasury officials have refused to release details on just what the two companies ties to America are.

www.abc.net.au
"Novin has transferred millions of dollars on behalf of the AEOI to entities associated with Iran's nuclear program and operates largely from within the AEOI, including sharing the same address," he said.

Mr Higgins says Mesbah is a state-owned company that functions as a front for the Iranian agency.

Mr Bush signed the executive order last June to give the US government what officials called an important new tool in the effort to halt the spread of weapons of mass destruction.

The latest move comes after Iran announced plans to resume nuclear research and development next week, defying US and European demands.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

While I agree that Iran is heading down a dangerous path with Nuclear weapons, I also believe that if one country can have nuclear weapons then all should be allowed to have equal footing.

I see this move as not stopping Iran but instead further inciting anger towards the US by Iran.

Personally I believe no countries should have nuclear weapons at all, nuclear capabilities should be used for energy purposes only. No-one should have the power to destroy the planet and that includes any of the Nuclear capable countries in the world today.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by Mayet]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 03:55 AM
link   
You dont seriously think that all countrys should have Nukes do you ?

If we went and gave every country on Earth 3 nukes tomorrow we would all be dead the by the following day ....

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Please read my reply again and not just parts of it,

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher

If we went and gave every country on Earth 3 nukes tomorrow we would all be dead the by the following day ....

Brush up on M.A.D doctrine NumberCruncher.

Iran wants nukes because Isreal has around 300 of them and constantely threaten Islam with the removal or descruction of ancient Islamic sites that exist in Isreal. That's as good as threatening a country directly.

If Isreal had no nukes and Iran was walking around with the attitude it had, then there would be a real concern but as it stands, no matter what power Iran gets, it's ALWAYS going to be behind Isreals capabilities and it's ALWAYS going to be for defence only. It would be insane for Iran to posses a nuke and actually be the first to use it.

There's NO WAY Iran will ever Nuke Isreal without knowing full well that it would be the end of Iran. On the other hand, if Isreal was to strike first, what could Iran do about it? Nothing. Therefor Isreal has over shadowed Iran and to Iran, that's a potential threat, especially when America and the west are running out of energy and Iran sits on the biggest stash.

These images help put this energy issue into perspective:

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Might I ask where in what Mayet actually said you got this from ?

:shk:

I agree that all actions like this will do is incite more anger and hatred towards the US. Why on Earth would they want to do this ? Just leave well enough alone damn.
For every action there is a reaction George

[edit on 5-1-2006 by ImJaded]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Memphis what if Iran was to place Nukes inside Israel with no launch neccessary ? sneak them in peice by peice only take a couple to destroy Israel.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Memphis what if Iran was to place Nukes inside Israel with no launch neccessary ? sneak them in peice by peice only take a couple to destroy Israel.

LOL...that sounds like the plot for a good book.

Seriously though...I am no nuclear weapons scientist...but do you think this is feasible?

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded

Might I ask where in what Mayet actually said you got this from ?

:shk:

I agree that all actions like this will do is incite more anger and hatred towards the US. Why on Earth would they want to do this ? Just leave well enough alone damn.
For every action there is a reaction George

[edit on 5-1-2006 by ImJaded]

Hi Imjaded,

Long time no speak

Unless i have misinterpreted this is what she/he said
"While I agree that Iran is heading down a dangerous path with Nuclear weapons, I also believe that if one country can have nuclear weapons then all should be allowed to have equal footing"

She never specifically said Nukes " equal footing "was the term.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan

Seriously though...I am no nuclear weapons scientist...but do you think this is feasible?

Im no Nuclear scientist either, but i cant see why not, its just a transport issue i guess, i mean if we can get a man on the moon surely they can get a Nuke the size of a man into Israel.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Hi Imjaded,

Long time no speak

"While I agree that Iran is heading down a dangerous path with Nuclear weapons, I also believe that if one country can have nuclear weapons then all should be allowed to have equal footing"

Hello

Ok I just thought the line where she said she personally does not believe anyone should have them would have shown her stance on this issue.

carry on

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Im no Nuclear scientist either, but i cant see why not, its just a transport issue i guess, i mean if we can get a man on the moon surely they can get a Nuke the size of a man into Israel.

lol

Nor am I but I do believe alot of work and equipment is needed to transport a nuke, henceI don't believe it would be so easy to do.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Personally, I would doubt it. I would imagine such an operation would be a logistical nightmare, but each to their own I suppose.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I was just reading an article about this, but there was no mention of what the assets might be, or who they might be connected to. Anyone have any additional information on the American holdings of these two companies, if any?

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Personally, I would doubt it. I would imagine such an operation would be a logistical nightmare, but each to their own I suppose.

Ok how about this scenario.

Iran sends a dozen Mig Jet fighters hurling towards Israel, just before they enter Israeli Air space the Iranian president phones the Israeli primeminister saying "look buddy ive had enough of you my jetfighters will be there in seconds " The primeminister gos WTF and scrambles all his f16s.
He wouldnt dare just go nuke button.

But here's the catch, these are no normal Migs they are nuclear armed terrorist suicide bomber MiGs and within seconds of the phonecall they are all over Israel , boom boom boom, r.i.p, Holacaust complete.

now theres a scary movie plot.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
I was just reading an article about this, but there was no mention of what the assets might be, or who they might be connected to. Anyone have any additional information on the American holdings of these two companies, if any?

I was reading this just now

The Treasury Department said the duo -- Novin Energy Co and Mesbah Energy Co -- were guilty of fostering the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction

not a very detailed article but notes who they are

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Similar story -

The United States has imposed sanctions on nine firms from several countries for selling missiles or chemical weapons-related supplies to Iran, a State Department spokesman said on Tuesday.

The firms include six Chinese state-run, two Indian companies, Sabero Organic Chemicals and Sandhya Organic Chemicals, and the Austrian arms maker Steyr-Mannlicher were also sanctioned, said State Department deputy spokesman Adam Ereli.

Story taken from Haaretz site.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by KhieuSamphan]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Number Cruncher. As I said, you have chosen to misrepresent what I did say. Oh yes I am a great one for "whats good for the goose is good for the gander". I believe if everyone was on equal footing there would be no "one nation" controlling and no "one superpower".

But the big thing that you did choose to leave out of what you quoted me on is this

Mayet
Personally I believe no countries should have nuclear weapons at all, nuclear capabilities should be used for energy purposes only. No-one should have the power to destroy the planet and that includes any of the Nuclear capable countries in the world today.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

So far I am reading that the treasury is refusing to release how the companies are tied into America and what the "assets" are and have to do with America and trading in America.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Iran sends a dozen Mig Jet fighters hurling towards Israel, just before they enter Israeli Air space the Iranian president phones the Israeli primeminister saying "look buddy ive had enough of you my jetfighters will be there in seconds " The primeminister gos WTF and scrambles all his f16s.
He wouldnt dare just go nuke button.

But here's the catch, these are no normal Migs they are nuclear armed terrorist suicide bomber MiGs and within seconds of the phonecall they are all over Israel , boom boom boom, r.i.p, Holacaust complete.

now theres a scary movie plot.

I would have thought that the airspace between Iran and Israel would be fairly well patrolled, seeing as how the world's only superpower is using this area as the worlds largest military training ground. Therefore such an attack would be blunted before it even began...then again, the jets on 9\11 weren't scrambled quick enough were they!!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet

Number Cruncher. As I said, you have chosen to misrepresent what I did say. Oh yes I am a great one for "whats good for the goose is good for the gander". I believe if everyone was on equal footing there would be no "one nation" controlling and no "one superpower".

But the big thing that you did choose to leave out of what you quoted me on is this

Mayet

Sorry Mayet, no harm meant, i read all you had to write, i agree no one should have Nukes, simply pointing out that whats good for the goose definatley is not good for the gander regarding Nuclear Weopons, in my humble opinion.

Cheers.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join