It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical space propulsion: warp drive for real?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
forgive me for rambling on about my favorite
subject namely the conquest and domination
of this univers by or race

regarding looking for our future competitors
with a raido telescope i agree it is not the best way to find them but at least for now it is the only way
and although the odds are long the pay off could be BIG

also for the reasons mentioned above in this thread
it is doubtful if there are any other civilization
at least in our galaxy 100,000 or more years ahead
lucky us. but there could be competitors 1,000
or so years ahead of us that would be very unlucky
for us

but take heart its very unlikely. it takes more than
a good water planet like earth for a high tech
race to develop it also takes a BIG F***ing
freak moon like ours orbiting it to stabilize
the planet enough for a high tech civilization to
have time to develop

this is our time the time for man to come out
blasters blazing

DON

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Heres an article that might be relevent to this thread and Heim theory:

Link:
www.spacedaily.com...

Researchers at Northeastern University and the University of California, Irvine say that scientists might soon have evidence for extra dimensions and other exotic predictions of string theory.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Here's the original Paper this is based on:

www.hpcc-space.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I haven't read all of this enormous thread, but does any of this sound familiar to anyone else? The rotating magnetic rings sound like the device in the Jodie Foster movie, "First Contact"? The reported propulsion systems of captured UFO's based on gravity drives? I read that Boeing had been contracted 1-2 years ago to begin researching gravity based propulsion. By all reports and journals I have read that discussed Hyper Space, it was always reported that such technology was many, many years off yet. I feel like I'm in a dream with this news and I don't want to wake up. Is it possible that something already developed is being revealed to us now, and, for some reason, there is a new urgency to reveal it? This seems to be moving ahead far more quickly than anyone anticipated.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   

“I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.”

by Jack Handy

[edit on 3/20/2006 by bodebliss]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker_1
I haven't read all of this enormous thread, but does any of this sound familiar to anyone else? The rotating magnetic rings sound like the device in the Jodie Foster movie, "First Contact"? The reported propulsion systems of captured UFO's based on gravity drives? I read that Boeing had been contracted 1-2 years ago to begin researching gravity based propulsion. By all reports and journals I have read that discussed Hyper Space, it was always reported that such technology was many, many years off yet. I feel like I'm in a dream with this news and I don't want to wake up. Is it possible that something already developed is being revealed to us now, and, for some reason, there is a new urgency to reveal it? This seems to be moving ahead far more quickly than anyone anticipated.

You have a point.The rate of release of such discoveries, apprarently have been accelerating..that's my perception too.

The Breakthrough Propulsion Program was started in 2001.Funding for it stopped somewhere last year am I correct? Could anyone confirm?

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Yes it was defunded.

The quest for coherence on Heim's theory may draw somemore cash for the project.

I understand NASA contacted the two scientists involved.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Hmm, they contacted them eh..

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Well LazerLordz,

Here is the BPP web page you can judge for yourself:

www.grc.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Here are a couple of other links of interest:

science.nasa.gov...

gammaray.nsstc.nasa.gov...

www.ess.washington.edu...

An anti gravity link:

www.popularmechanics.com...

High energy physics:

forum.physorg.com...

Notes on Heim's theory:

www.americanantigravity.com...

Statement by Mark Millis(former head of BPP):

This Droscher-Hauser-Heim approach is in such an early stage of development that it is premature to judge its viability. Fortunately, relatively low-cost next-steps could be taken by its proponents to help others assess the prospects, such as confirming (in the open literature) the ability of the Heim theory to predict the masses of subatomic particles, and showing the derivations and equations necessary to comprehend the other assertions.

Also, it is important to remember that there are many other approaches out there. The best way to determine which of these might merit support is to conduct a competitive research solicitation. There is no NASA funding planned for such an assessment in the foreseeable future.

You never know with governments. One hand does not know what the other is doing. NASA pans, Black ops scans. Who can figure?

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker_1
The rotating magnetic rings sound like the device in the Jodie Foster movie, "First Contact"? The reported propulsion systems of captured UFO's based on gravity drives?

Google John Searl
Google Electro Gravitics

Even a few threads here

But be careful... people working on it have a tendency to have... ummmm accidents

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Here is the paper in question

www.uibk.ac.at...

I get "no such file" from the above link...

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
So from what I read, they are not only talking about a Warp drive (which functions by creating a warp field in our space/time that propels a craft, but also about a hyperspace drive, that shifts the craft to a hyperspace dimension, where even higher speeds are attainable?

So real life science in combining the 2 completely seperate FTL idea's potrayed in most Sci-Fi series and movies into 1 single concept?

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Fields this strong would probably force every atom of iron from our hemoglobin out of our bloodstream and ionized the rest of the elements in our body virtually tearing us apart.
I just don't ever see it hapening. Not for human transportation.

Not if you were inside a protective field. Like the copper sphere in physics class with a charge on the outside ... no effect inside. [Yes I know thats simplified, and no I don't know what the nature of the field is] but that would be the ticket. The ship moves... you inside the shield in relation to the ship are stationary.

Yes an inertia and gravity dampening shield

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
I would assume this is kind of like in Star Trek, where they have a "Warp Field", which enables them to travel in "Warp" (ie FTL), but the area outside (and beyond) the "warp bubble" would essentially be "normal space".

They travel through "normal space" whilst distorting the immediate space around the ship to facilitate FTL travel.

I might have it completely wrong......

What if "warping" space is REALLY what happens? Take a piece of paper, draw two dots on it, then bend it till they touch. You have your "warp". Now you effectively have a very short way to go. To the outside watcher, the distance you cover would be faster than light, but you could literally step through the "warp" with no speed at all compared to the outside view point. Don't forget that wormholes involve time...
So no speed... no inertia...

[sitting back with a helmet to dodge the attacks
]

But think about it

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by danwild6
I've found some interesting concepts on how hyperdrive may work.

hyperdrives from warp drives

Theories behind hyperdrive

Dead Links

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Any new, well news about this?

I'm quite interested in it.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Oh, trying to escape Earth are we?

In the original release they said it would take months and years to prove this out and then it would probably take decades to come up with a device if the theory could be proved viable.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I seen this when it came out, and i've heard nothing more i heard USAF were interested in it but i think it's all a bit sketchy, hats of to the guy if he gets anywhere near testing and actual piece of hardware but i doubt anything will come of this, how would they know for sure that higher speeds would be possible in these 'higher' dimensions or hyperspace? I have been waiting for some new info on this for a while if anyone has anything post away

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I recently read a theory about sub space travel.

In layman's terms it states that if a vehicle could travel between universes in the multi verse that relativity could be broken and faster than light travel achieved since technically your not in the universe.

Don't know how accurate the info is though.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join