It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow, something very weird about the pyramids

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Willcall
I just read somewhere, that capital hill is exactly aligned with Cydonia.
Kind of makes you think, doesn't it?

It makes me think that someone REALLY doesn't know anything about science. Or astronomy.

Okay.... we got this planet. It's circling around the sun, and it also twirls on its axis. We have the capitol hill here on Earth which is on a moving surface and it's orbiting the sun at a different speed. The Earth also twirls on its axis.

And both wobble up and down in the solar plane in their orbits.

So... I'd dearly love the mathematics that show how they're aligned. It's kind of like saying that a tap dancer on a cruise ship in Alaska is aligned with a ballet dancer flying around the earth on a trip from Moscow to Sao Paulo, Brazil.

You need stationary points to make an alignment.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 08:24 AM
link   
i was wondering how anyone could figure that allignment out, twas boggling the mind

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 08:23 AM
link   

It makes me think that someone REALLY doesn't know anything about science. Or astronomy.

Okay.... we got this planet. It's circling around the sun, and it also twirls on its axis. We have the capitol hill here on Earth which is on a moving surface and it's orbiting the sun at a different speed. The Earth also twirls on its axis.

And both wobble up and down in the solar plane in their orbits.

So... I'd dearly love the mathematics that show how they're aligned. It's kind of like saying that a tap dancer on a cruise ship in Alaska is aligned with a ballet dancer flying around the earth on a trip from Moscow to Sao Paulo, Brazil.

You need stationary points to make an alignment.

I think he means if you had a top down map of both areas then the major landmarks etc would line up on top of each other. I personnally think this is coincidence, given any map you could line up points with landmarks on cydonia!

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
More on Giza alignment:
In his book Fingerprints of the Gods Graham Hancock claims, with briliant analysis to back up his claims ( geological findings, astronomy data), that Sphinx and the Giza pyramids were built around 10,500 B.C. he doesn't believe that aliens had something to do with it, his theory is an advanced human civilisation.

there are theories floating about saying that the Sphinx was eroded by water, which would mean it had to have been there aproximately 10,500 years ago. this probably doesn't apply to the pyramids, I don't see any evidence of water erosion on the pyramids. (of course, I'm only an armchair expert.)

as for Van Daaniken, he did a great job of making alternative theories about the construction of ancient monuments look pretty damn stupid. he did the whole field a major disservice by making bad claims.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I wonder why these monuments were built, and if they were built so precisely as to their latitude and positioning to stars such.

Maybe it's to do with channelling energy, energy of the Earth (electro-magnetic?)

Maybe the shape of a construction also denotes it's purpose/ ability to convert energy.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 04:39 AM
link   
there are several theories suggesting that in which you just posted...

it enables us beings to remember that we have lineage to not just this planet but the stars themselves...

even though, our connection is within...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join