It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow, something very weird about the pyramids

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Okay, I don't know if this goes under aliens and UFOs, because I don't know what to think of them.

Well anyway

First off, the Cydonia region of Mars, as most of you know consists of a face, a five-sided pyramid and a little village.
I just read somewhere, that capital hill is exactly aligned with Cydonia.
Kind of makes you think, doesn't it?

Another thing I read, the pyramids across the globe are all on the same lattitude or longitude. (can't remember which is which, lol)
So that means the pyramids in Mexico are on the same lattitude or longitude as the pyramids in Egypt or South America.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 01:17 AM
link   
If you draw a line from the Great pyramid in Egypt to the Mayan Pyramid at Chichen Itza it will pass through the earth.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Also, if you go North/South from or East/West from the Great Pyramid all the way around the world and back to the Great Pyramid then you will travel over the most land that can be travelled by walking in a straight line around the planet.

There are others, like the Giza pyramids and a few other pyramids being the same distance and angle apart as other strange places around the world.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Get the video for free at the video store and watch it!

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Wow very interesting. please post if you get more info.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by �any

There are others, like the Giza pyramids and a few other pyramids being the same distance and angle apart as other strange places around the world.

Don't forget, the Giza Pyramids, along with the Nile, are aligned with Orion (a temple in... Thialand?... aligns with Draco, and the limestone horse in Britian align with... Pegasus, I believe... all aligned at @10,500 years ago).

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Numerical babble and nonsence. You can do that with many other objects as well. Did you know that the length of my finger times the diameter of the earth is the distance from the earth to the sun!!!! Wow! Is this a conspiracy? No,

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Numerical babble and nonsence. You can do that with many other objects as well. Did you know that the length of my finger times the diameter of the earth is the distance from the earth to the sun!!!! Wow! Is this a conspiracy? No,

So then... name three locations, seperated by half the world, built by different "devepmental" states, and find a common time frame/ astrological correspondance. No one mentioned conspiracy... just listing interesting pyramind themes!

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 02:33 AM
link   
A few useful informations about latitude and longitude of pyramid location and their alignment can be found here :
Pyramidmatrix

According to Daeniken, these alignments are the result of aliens who gave the humans the means and ways how to make pyramids. The reason WHY however is a mystery. Maybe it is a mesage for the future generations? Who knows...

I'm not familiar with alignment of Cydonia and Capitol Hill, maybe somebody else has more info on this.

More on Giza alignment:
In his book Fingerprints of the Gods Graham Hancock claims, with briliant analysis to back up his claims ( geological findings, astronomy data), that Sphinx and the Giza pyramids were built around 10,500 B.C. he doesn't believe that aliens had something to do with it, his theory is an advanced human civilisation.
Similar evindence has been found all around the world. I strongly recomend this book for anyone interested in mysteries of ancient civilisations. Briliant book.

The post wouldn't be complete without a sceptical view on the age of the pyramids. Here is a different theory as to when the Great Pyramid was built:
Khufu did it?

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   
All piramids have their infrastructure towards the lion constellation to where it was some 10500 years ago.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 06:44 PM
link   
is how the pyramids are aligned with Orion's Belt.

something happened in 10,500 BC. the era known as Zep Tepi, or the first time. at this moment in time, several buildings were constructred in honor of the constellations

the egyptian pyramids were aligned to Mintaka, Alnilam, and Alnitak; stars in the Orion constellation.

Ankgor Wat's temples are aligned with the complex constellation of Draco, nearby the big dipper/ursa major

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by �any
Also, if you go North/South from or East/West from the Great Pyramid all the way around the world and back to the Great Pyramid then you will travel over the most land that can be travelled by walking in a straight line around the planet.

erm... think about that for a second.. You know, if you walked all the way round teh world N/S or E/W from my house you would walk the same distance!

Use your head, young man.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Yep, oddly enough, my house, my job, and my fiance's job locations form a pyramid (and a pretty perfect one at that) on the map.
It's a coincidence. As one mentioned, the constellations were a little different at the time the pyramids were built... We also have good reason to suspect that the Sphinx is far older than the pyramids, and that it was originally a lion-headed monument, and then later recarved to resemble various Pharoahs...

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 07:28 AM
link   
triplesod he said the most LAND not distance, so u cross the least amount of WATER

to add to the topic; the perimeter of the great pyramid is 365.24, the amount of days in the complete orbit of the earth around the sun

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Hmm.

The mystery of the construction of the pyramids & Coral Castle continues.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 07:40 AM
link   
although there are some rather peculiar coincidences, i belive that the whole 'pyramid' issue is somehow misleading. what i mean is that i have read in many books and websites, for example, that the perimetre of a pyramid is equal to the distance between earth and moon etc etc. well, i think in this case obsessed people just devise such 'extraordinary evidence'. to be more precise, lets say i estimate the length of the chair i'm sitting on. then i can rightfully claim that the vertical length of my chair if multiplied by three gives in miles the diametre of one of Jupiter's moon. Do you get my point? we can easily come up with such evidence just to fit our claims and beliefs. nevertheless, i do agree that there are other unexplained issues regarding pyramids. to cut a long story short, i belive that anyone can easily manipulate numbers and come up with whatever he/she wants to believe in

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 07:53 AM
link   
This is kinda related, but this is a weird image

Notice the face from the angle, and the pyramids!

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 07:55 AM
link   

to add to the topic; the perimeter of the great pyramid is 365.24

Ah...but in what unit? A unit used by the Egyptians???

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 08:04 AM
link   
oh i believe it was in meters

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
According to Daeniken, these alignments are the result of aliens who gave the humans the means and ways how to make pyramids. The reason WHY however is a mystery. Maybe it is a mesage for the future generations? Who knows...

Von Daniken was thoroughly trashed in the 1970's in CRASH GO THE CHARIOTS. He was found to have faked a number of his "findings" and of course knew nothing about the artifacts he was using to "prove" aliens.

How bad was his scholarship? Imagine someone using the Statue of Liberty to prove that there were once 700 foot tall aliens wandering around Earth.

THAT is how bad Von Daniken's research and theories are.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join