It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebratory Rocket Barrage promised if Sharon dies !

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The thing that worries me the most about Sharon being out of the picture is at least he showed some signs of softening. The Palestinian's can either help or hurt their cause with their actions during this Israeli crisis. Sharon will not be back as PM, that is certain so the Palestinians need to consider that the next Israeli PM might be a hardliner and they cannot afford to give him more ammuniton. IMHO I do not ever see peace in that region regardless of what the Israeli's offer. Arafat walked away from a peace deal that would have stopped the bloodshed. He was seen as the biggest obstacle towards Israeli/Palestinian peace. Hell, I celebrated when Arafat died, hoping that finally peace was now possible. Palestinians may see Sharon as a monster but he was making some concessions. There are factions on both sides that do not want peace and will pull out all stops to prevent it. What is better? The devil you know or the devil you do not know?

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan
I bet when Osama Bin Laben pops his clogs, many posters to this thread will be pleased.

Bin Laden died in late 2001 resulting from continued kidney and organ failures which is why he was treated in American medical centers overseas under CIA control. Google it.

www.whatreallyhappened.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
How do you think it makes our arab members feel to read such comments? Please, please, be the bigger man and apologize.

They don't care WyrdOne, and I do not require an apology, I was just shocked and am more so now, at TC's comments. Thought rationale would prevail, guess I was wrong.
I appreciate your post there WyrdOne though, and I can relate to where you are coming from as I too have gone through some rough times myself similar to those you have gone through, but it has just made me stronger as I am sure it has you
It saddens and disturbs me to see those images like TC posted or anything of the like too.

Funny, those slinging the anti-arab propaganda are so unforgiving when many arabs I know, including myself, are so of the people we are "supposed" to hate. But see, I understand that not all people are the same just because they are of the same race or even family. Basic stuff I was taught in elementary school but so uncommon these days unfortunately *sigh*

How one can stereotype a whole race of a people because of the actions of a few sicko's is beyond me. And I admit I am disappointed to see it so abundantly shown off here on ATS.

If America is ever going to get a handle on extremism abroad, we have to stamp it out here.

America will nver get a handle on it, this "terrorism" is here to stay to ensure that her people adopt this kind of attitude and opinion of arabs as has been so wonderfully put on display here. Oh and so we continue to kill each other.

Deny Ignorance eh ? mmhmmm

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Some people in the Middle-East/East Asia/whatever cheered on 9/11, some will cheer when Sharon dies, but you people are hypocrits, I know some of you cheered, or at least smiled when you heard the US bombed Iraq

Originally posted by redmage
TC :shk:

I gotta admit, ya floored me with this one,

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
This wretched, vile, filthy creature's utterances in regard to Sharon's condition is clearly indicative of the Arab heart.
(bolded by me)

and then to follow with,

Sell propaganda somewhere else

Do you see a problem with these two statements together?

You're usually pretty level headed and objective, what's with the overgeneralizations?

Not all Arabs are Muslim, and not all Muslims are extremists.

You know this.

Agreed. What's up TC?

[edit on 5/1/2006 by SwearBear]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oblivions void
I remember that story, ... ... most countries even those that don’t particularly agree with us or get along with us at least had the CLASS to at least stay shut or wait for the injury to stop GUSHING so to speak before acting up.

I awarded an applaud for that insight.

Originally posted by ImJaded
It is so easy for one arab or jew to state their case because both have done wrong to the other's people. IMO they are both wrong for generalizing as they do against a whole of people even in today's day and age. There IS a solution, they just don't want one. I do not believe there will ever be peace there.

I applauded that.

... I just hate to see all the anti-arab comments borderline racist ignorance and blatant misconceptions alot of people on here have about people who they know nothing about.

Ditto.

Seems people are just TOO happy to post bad things abgout arabs around here.

I’ve noticed that too.

Originally posted by redmage
You're usually pretty level headed and objective, what's with the overgeneralizations?

Not all Arabs are Muslim, and not all Muslims are extremists.

You know this.

Race is not the problem/issue, ideology is.

Applauded.

Originally posted by Souljah

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Originally posted by Souljah
They ALL Remember Sabra and Shantilla Massacre.

The Palestinians deserved the Shantilla massacre for what they did during the Damour massacre.

Do NOT Wish DEATH upon other People and do not SAY they DESERVED it - if you do not WANT the same thing to be WISHED upon YOU!

Applauded... twice.

Originally posted by yadboy
Here's my take on the situation...THESE PEOPLE DON"T LIKE EACH OTHER!!!!

The more educated, modern muslims and jews in the region know that their countries are headed down a path of destruction, but as a wise man once said "the masses are asses"! 1000's of years of hate can't be erased in a few decades. Both sides are making mistakes, and will continue to.

Applauded.

Originally posted by ImJaded

... They don't care WyrdOne, ...

Please don't generalize a group of people just because they carry a title at ATS.

… those slinging the anti-arab propaganda are so unforgiving when many arabs I know, including myself, are so of the people we are "supposed" to hate. But see, I understand that not all people are the same just because they are of the same race or even family. Basic stuff I was taught in elementary school but so uncommon these days …

How one can stereotype a whole race of a people because of the actions of a few sicko's is beyond me. And I admit I am disappointed to see it so abundantly shown off here on ATS.

Applauded – twice.

Please don't ever make the mistake of thinking for one second that the staff at ATS (currently numbering 45 from around the world) all think and feel the same.

Mods are people too.

[edit on 1/5/2006 by Gools]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Really, I am so hateful? Here, look at how these "people" train their children. Go, now, hand out candy and wait for the rocket barrage. Be sitting in your car so you can honk your horn in celebration.

Don't tell me about being hateful.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by Thomas Crowne]

I am only responding to this because honestly it does hurt that you would think I would condone this, if you were in fact directing this at me (quite a vague post, because I never said you were hateful)

Please believe that if that was any child I knew she'd be on punishment and educated on exactly what that sign means and why she is carrying it.

I can tell you right now she has not even an idea why or what it means.

But I do and I abhore the behaviour of those who do condone this type of thing, just as you do TC so please don't class me in the category of those kinds of people as I am no such thing nor do I share ANY of their views.

Unlike these arabs you refer to who revel in the death of a man they see as their oppressor I have an education and I open my mind up to view both sides of the story.

These people hate jews simply because they are jewish, I do not.

But if you will, try imagine the feeling of joy you yourself would feel if this had been say, Saddam or Osama on his deathbed. I can understand why they would be so happy about it, but I do not agree with it.

Edit to add - Noted Gools, and I apologize for not clarifying I did mean that in response to who WyrdOne was referring to, not all or just any people.
I did not mean that in a derogatory way, just that I am sure they (those on the anti-arab bandwagon) probably would not care about my or any other arab's feelings when they say what they say in the way they say it.

I have no beef with TC, I admire him and his thoughts and opinions here on ATS, I was just blown away by that

[edit on 5-1-2006 by ImJaded]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The difference is when we went into Iraq, our president came on and told us. Then we went to our jobs. As Americans we do not preach hate as much as you would like to make some beleive we do.

No one I know celebrated in the streets with guns and parades in GW 1 or 2. No one celebrated in the streets when Arafat died and he was someone that was a major thorn in the side of the US.

Celebration in the wake of anyones death is a smack in the fae to those who respected the leader or person who passed.

If the people of Palestine took some of the agression and anger and directed it at becoming a better nation, maybe they would recieve international aid and become something. They are pushing themseleves into the stone age, and my only hope is that they will not decide to ally with Syrai and Iran and create some real havoc.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Sharon's Stroke Was Divine Retribution According to Good Old Pat Robertson

Oh man...

The actions of Robertson, this mouth-hole with feet, are in no way indicative of Christians as a group.

Just stumbled on that a minute ago..talk about pertinent to the discussion.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwearBear
Some people in the Middle-East/East Asia/whatever cheered on 9/11, some will cheer when Sharon dies, but you people are hypocrits, I know some of you cheered, or at least smiled when you heard the US bombed Iraq

I didn't cheer or smile when they bombed Iraq.
I thought it was overkill and actually felt bad that it was happening to people who had done nothing to the US.

However I would cheer if they bombed Clichy Sous Bois.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
WyrdeOne that man needs his voicebox removed :shk: gee what an idiot!

I didn't cheer or smile when they bombed Iraq.
I thought it was overkill and actually felt bad that it was happening to people who had done nothing to the US.

Nor did I, and I agree with how you summed it up Ace

However I would cheer if they bombed Clichy Sous Boise.

Dare I ask why ? I admit I am not up on what goes on there and don't mean to hijack this thread but that was an eye widener is all.

Edited because I always forget the 'e' in WyrdeOne's name
lol sowee!

[edit on 5-1-2006 by ImJaded]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Oh man...

The actions of Robertson, this mouth-hole with feet, are in no way indicative of Christians as a group.

amen. that man has gone way too far the last couple of months. i know he means well, and that he truelly believes in what he is saying, but he's just dead freaking wrong. the administration is perfectly right in their clumping him in the same ilk as the iranian president. i hope no one on this board takes his idiocy for the true belief of all christians.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   

They're a tabloid. Bat Boy is real, and he's smuggling suitcase nukes into the US as we speak!

Don't be ridiculous. I have it on authority far greater than that of World Nut Daily (namely the National Enquirer) that Bat Boy was helping our troops flush the Taliban out of the caves in Afghanistan. He's with us- he's cool.

WND doesn't know anything about terrorists or bat boy. They figure that if they keep predicting bad things and bad things happen, even if its not the bad things they predicted, people will say "close enough". You know something... they've found a good way to make money.

Edit to add:
On a slightly more relevant note, I think we have to be aware of the line between quacks who very few people listen to and the "Arab street".

It is common for people to splice together soundbytes and assume they "know" the Muslim world, but let's get real. What would you have to think about your own people if you took the soundbytes of David Duke, Pat Robertson, etc? There are always talking heads out there who will praise and advocate awful things, but who do they really speak for?

Let's not forget that even though the Palestinian people have very deep greivances with Israel, and some of them don't believe in Israel's right to exist, the man who's life is currently in danger took a step in the right direction by giving back the West Bank and Gaza Strip. That tells you a lot about the kind of people who will praise his death, and should carry a hint as to where they stand compared to the common Palestinian.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by The Vagabond]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   

amen. that man has gone way too far the last couple of months. i know he means well, and that he truelly believes in what he is saying, but he's just dead freaking wrong. the administration is perfectly right in their clumping him in the same ilk as the iranian president. i hope no one on this board takes his idiocy for the true belief of all christians.

Really? You think he means well? I think he is evil, pure evil for everything he has said lately. If there is a God this one needs to be "called home" very soon. He has some serious issues to answer for.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nativeokie

Really? You think he means well? I think he is evil, pure evil for everything he has said lately. If there is a God this one needs to be "called home" very soon. He has some serious issues to answer for.

like I said earlier, even keeping his military history in mind, warcrimes as some believe, even with all that on the plate, what he has done in the last year or so was more than Arafat ever did for his people, and if u honestly think that sharon was bad just imagine if say some one like Nethayahu took over.....If Arafat had a quarter of the backbone that Sharon had shown in the last few months during the camp david accords, we would be sitting here talking about the COUNTRY OF PALESTINE instead of the hell hole that they live in now,

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I agree that Sharon was the best thing to happen to modern day Palestinians - and they all better be praying for his full recovery because Netanyahu will do a 180 degree turn on the 'peace process' that Sharon involved himself with.

I also agree that as much of the evangelically-twisted nutjob and mega-wealthy egomaniac that Pat Robertson is, he does have an eerie point about the fall of both of Israel's leaders who caved in to EU, UN, and US pressures to make peace with the Palestinians.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Oblivions those comments were about Pat "Freeper" Robertson not Sharon.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by nativeokie
Oblivions those comments were about Pat "Freeper" Robertson not Sharon.

Oops
, sorry it's been a heated thread
, Robertson is just plain disgusting in my opinion, I remember seen something in his TV show when I was a kid about him going somewhere that was on the verge of a famine or something he made them sit through his lectures (these were non-christians) and conversions/baptisms or whatever in order to get his humanitarian aide. That was one of my early memories solidifying my distaste for religion in all it’s forms, the guy’s a marginalized crackpot in terms of real power and influence thankfully.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I'm seeing the 'Arabs think, Arabs say, Arabs believe' etc etc in regards to 1 voice coming out of Iran.

Fact is, Iran isn't even an Arab state so this grouping and labelling isn't even correct.

You'll find Waldo (Wally for the Oz members) before you find Iran in the League of Arab states:
www.arableagueonline.org...
(make sure you use the arrows to browse the pages, there's 3 pages of Arab states, no Iran)

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Oh man...

Jeez i hate it when they talk like this:

"God considers this land to be his," Robertson said on his TV program The 700 Club. "You read the Bible and he says 'This is my land,' and for any prime minister of Israel who decides he is going to carve it up and give it away, God says, 'No, this is mine.'"

If God built the Universe and the heavens and is hung up on one strip of desert then God has serious issues aswell, he needs our help in seeing that life as an entity and his universal legacy goes way beyond this small patch of sand on a small planet in a small galaxy with 400 billion other stars.

These types of comments are EXACTLY why people either don't believe in a God or else totally understand how organised religions were developed by man in order to control man.

Bring on the Aliens, open a new door for the rest of us please!

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

I'm seeing the 'Arabs think, Arabs say, Arabs believe' etc etc in regards to 1 voice coming out of Iran.

Fact is, Iran isn't even an Arab state so this grouping and labelling isn't even correct.

You'll find Waldo (Wally for the Oz members) before you find Iran in the League of Arab states:
www.arableagueonline.org...
(make sure you use the arrows to browse the pages, there's 3 pages of Arab states, no Iran)

It's because its widely thought that Iranians are arabs also because they look arab and is an Islamic nation. Iranians are actually Persians, not Arabs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join