It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best weapon in the “War on Terror”... ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   

…is kindness. A poll last month in Pakistan (conducted by Terror Free Tomorrow) makes even more clear a notion that we have alluded to before on a couple of occasions [1,2]. If the U.S. wants a cost effective way of attacking terrorism at its root, then kill them with kindness. Just look at what happened when we decided to divert a few helicopters from Afghanistan to the quake ravaged regions of Pakistan. New America Media reports on the poll results:

Key Findings of Terror Free Tomorrow Poll in Pakistan [partial list]:

• 73% of Pakistanis surveyed now believe suicide terrorist attacks are never justified, up from 46% just last May.
• Support for Osama Bin Laden has declined significantly (51% favorable in May 2005 to just 33% in November), while those who oppose him rose from 23% to 41%.
• US favorabilty among Pakistanis has doubled from 23% in May to more than 46% now, while the percentage of Pakistanis with very unfavorable views declined from 48% to 28%.
• For the first time since 9/11, more Pakistanis are now favorable to the United States than unfavorable.
• 78% of Pakistanis have a more favorable opinion of the United States because of the American response to the earthquake, with the strongest support among those under 35.

www.sepiamutiny.com...

Interesting read, funny how mother nature presents us with a huge Human disaster which inturn gave us the opportunity to display the Wests true intentions and in turn sway the opinions of a huge percentage, especially amoungst the young.

The same happened in Indonesia etc with the Tidal wave, it would be intersting to also read a before and after poll of the same region.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The War On Terrorism forum is not for regular "news" items. This is best posted on PTS or BTS news....I will be moving it in just a moment.....

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
The War On Terrorism forum is not for regular "news" items. This is best posted on PTS or BTS news....I will be moving it in just a moment.....

With all due respect Kinglizard a study like this couldnt be any more relevent to a War on Terror forum, its points directly to what should be the exact way to win the war on Terror.

Sorry if it doesnt contain enough blood and hate for The War on Terror forum.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher

Thanks for the unnecessary sarcasm, well done.....your attitude is noted.

Now, please take a few moments to read the following: Effective IMMEDIATELY

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Originally posted by NumberCruncher

Thanks for the unnecessary sarcasm, well done.....your attitude is noted.

Now, please take a few moments to read the following: Effective IMMEDIATELY

Yes i fully understand that moderators have noted my Attitude.

Plenty of my posts have been redirected lately, i just cant beleive you chose to remove this one from the war on terror forum to bts.

This study that ive highlighted here is surely enough to get both sides of the extreme heated argument's that develop in the war on Terror forum thinking on a more Humane and peaceful level.

Ill accept your decision but i stand by my argument the war on terror forum needs an Infusion of this type of Information.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I appreciate your opinion as do the owners of this site but we ALL must follow the rules and guidelines of this site. The owners have given you and everyone else many places to post this type of information. ATS is for conspiratorial topics while other parts of the board have been set aside for other uses. This is not debatable, the owners make the rules.

This is not to say that they won't listen to your recommendations. If you feel something should be changed simply file a note through the Help/Gripe function.

I hope you can understand what I have just said......

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Thanks for your reply.

Just one question from one forum user to another...

If i wrote re wrote this Article using the same information but presented it from the angle that the conspiracy is the U.S Government is pouring 100s of billions into the War in Iraq when the survey results presented clearly demonstrate that that 10s of Billions spent on Humane projects would be enormously more beneficial to winning the war on terror, would that article then be suitable for the ABTS War on Terror forum ?

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Interesting find

I'd have to agree.

Demonizing "hate talk" and propaganda only add fuel to the divisional fires between the cultures, monitary "donations" and aid have a bad habbit of lining corrupt pockets and disapearing, but when the west and our allies actually dig in and physically help people (without violence or hate) it becomes much harder for "terrorists" to demonize us and recruit the next wave.

Thumbs
for "kill'em with kindness".

Cost effective, and it produces results at the root of the causes.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I also dont see why this was moved from the WoT section, it's more relevant to the topic than about 99% of the stuff in there. Here we see a country that has been a haven and major support base for Al Quaeda display a remarkable change of public attitudes in a very short period of time.

This isn't relevant to the War on Terror?:

73% of Pakistanis surveyed now believe suicide terrorist attacks are never justified, up from 46% just last May.

Support for Osama Bin Laden has declined significantly (51% favorable in May 2005 to just 33% in November), while those who oppose him rose from 23% to 41%.

No offense intended, but you're kidding, right?

[edit on 1/5/06 by xmotex]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
With apologies to Cruncher, I don't think it really matters where this particular post belongs. What is important is the information contained within it.
A seemingly miraculous change in public opinion is taking place in Pakistan, and as you yourself noted in Indonesia as well. Could this be the start of a trend? I guess we will just have to see, we can hope and pray that it is indeed the beginning of a shift in attitude.
If so, then this coupled with continued progress in Iraq, would certainly be one in the eye of the facististic terrorists worldwide .

top topics

join