It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide Bomber Planned To Hit Dimona Reactor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
A Gaza Strip resident planned to detonate himself together with other suicide bombers at Israel´s Dimona nuclear reactor. Israel developed nuclear weapons at this plant.

Ynetnews: Bomber planned to hit reactor

Photo: Reuters

Ramzi Salah, a 22-year-old Gaza Strip resident, planned to detonate himself with other suicide bombers at Israel's nuclear reactor in Dimona or in other cities across the country, an indictment served Monday revealed.

Salah is facing 14 charges, including attempted murder, armed infiltration, membership in a terror group, conspiring to carry out a crime, and receiving banned military training. According to the indictment, he was a party to numerous terror attack plans, including one where he was supposed to blow himself up at the Dimona reactor. Another plan called for Salah and other suicide bombers to detonate themselves simultaneously in several Israeli cities.

Wow
The Dimona is very heavily guarded but if they somehow managed to "succeed" with such attack, what would happen? Another "Chernobyl" or worse? Dimona is a potentional terrorist target, that´s for sure...

Related links:
GlobalSecurity.org: Dimona
WikiPedia: Dimona
BTS: Vanunu answering questions NOW!

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
There ain't no way.

The only way anyone could get close enuff to that would be to have inside access. And the only way I can see something like that happening, is if those insiders felt there was absolutely no other recourse for a pretext.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I would say their chances of getting into the most secure location in the most densely armed nation on the planet lie somewhere between infinitesmal and nonexistent. And even if they did, it would take something far larger than a bomb belt to breach a reactor containment building.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
I would say their chances of getting into the most secure location in the most densely armed nation on the planet lie somewhere between infinitesmal and nonexistent. And even if they did, it would take something far larger than a bomb belt to breach a reactor containment building.

By the non-reaction to this thread, I would say most agree with that assessment

Who in the world actually believes a "gaza resident" could make his way into that place, let alone blow it up?

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I agree with the sentiments already posted on this thread.

Such an attack is almost impossible. Getting to the gate would be hard enough even with the assistance of a foreign intelligence agency, and actually causing a meltdown..you'd have a better chance of success trying to pimp slap God.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Why would people here contemplate sneaking into Area 51?

The point of the matter is that they would even try, regardless of the consequences. That is the most telling thing.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
The point of the matter is that they would even try, regardless of the consequences. That is the most telling thing.

There's no good proof here, just heresay. It's just fabricated BS. No one (at least described here) could possibly pull that thing off.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   
gee thats smart .....

Now look where Dimona is in relation to other palestinain settlements ...

Yep, if the wind blew from the West or the South the first places to get it are their own settlements, if it blows Eest then Jordan gets it containing many palestianins as well.

Guess they are not that smart, but then how smart do you ahve to be to tie a bomb around your chest and blow it up in a crowded area?

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I and some others could (in our day).
It is a possible fabrication? Gee? We seem to be partial to what is and isn't fabrication, aren't we?
Let me get this straight...if it is pro "Palestinian", it is true, otehrwise it is fabrication.

Ok, I got it now.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken

Guess they are not that smart, but then how smart do you ahve to be to tie a bomb around your chest and blow it up in a crowded area?

What is Dimona a cafe? Some AH with a belt on couldn't get anywhere near that place to cause any harm. We all know that.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I dont think this is necessarily a fabrication.

I am sure they would love to hit Dimona, I just dont think they stand a chance in hell of pulling it off.

BTW a free cookie to whoever knows who built the place, and essentialy gave Israel the bomb. Hint: it wasn't who you might think of at first.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I and some others could (in our day).
It is a possible fabrication? Gee? We seem to be partial to what is and isn't fabrication, aren't we?
Let me get this straight...if it is pro "Palestinian", it is true, otehrwise it is fabrication.

Ok, I got it now.

u got it all in one, that has been the overwhelming majority of the pro-Palestinian crowd which I’ve notice for YEARS

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
just because its well guarded, this story is fake? ....uh ok then....

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
just because its well guarded, this story is fake? ....uh ok then....

We have a fundamental disagreement, here. I believe that Israeli forces are the most capable in the world. I do not accept that some Palestinian or anyother person could just wander up to Dimona and blow alotta x up. Sorry.

You seem to think that could happen. Why the lack of faith in Israeli forces?

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Point isn't the fact that breaching Dimona security is hard (not impossible, since nothing is) but i'm certain that some Palestinians would be mad enough to try.

With the help of some insiders and a well trained specops unit, it would probably be possible... but Palestinians don't have neither of these..

new topics

top topics

join