It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Athiest Morality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
www.creationtheory.org...

A good view on how some religous folk view athiests.

Christians have been systematically rewriting history in order to pretend that Christianity versus Atheism is symbolic of Good versus Evil. We are never allowed to forget evil atheists (eg. Stalin), but evil Christians receive a distinctly different treatment. Their crimes are minimized or forgotten, and their religious affiliations are either concealed or misrepresented as atheism.

This part sticks out to me becuase of recent event's within the church of moving the pedo-preist's around and covering up that they have pedo-priest's.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Produkt

...pretend that Christianity versus Atheism is symbolic of Good versus Evil.

www.firstgen.org...

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
From that site you posted...

The purpose of this message is not to try and persuade anybody to abandon evolution - the facts alone should do that for anybody who is interested enough to examine them

In a way... I agree to every one of those fact's. As sick as some of them may be, they're still true. Does that mean, me being an athiest HAS to follow, in particular the one's considered "immoral" way's of doing thing's? No... I don't need a bible to tell me raping a little boy is wrong and unfortunalty for some priest's, the bible is having the same problem's doing so.

No honest evolutionist can dispute the basic facts of the last paragraph - very few would even try. In a purely mechanistic universe, life is both purposeless and meaningless, and thus the concept of any true morality is impossible. A continued pursuit of it is the ultimate in irrational behavior.

Thankfully we've evolved to a point where we're intelligent enough to see a more symbiotic relationship with fellow man is more beneficial in the long run instead of just claiming to be moral and worship god and rape little boy's.

join