It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Derren Brown: The Heist - an example of what can be achieved with Mind Control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Good program was on C4 here in England tonight, Derren Brown: The Heist.
Some of you may recognise the name, Derren is a popular psycologist here in the UK that demonstrates the ability to be able to read people's minds and 'program' them to do things at will. He simply usues psycological techniques that anyone can perform the knowledge and experience.
He does emphasise often that only certain people are susceptable enough to be suggested to, or read. Even still, a disturbing number of people can be made to act predictably at will.

In the program that was on tonight Derren took a number of volunteers (gathered from a general press advertisment, advertising a character building course by himself) and wittled them down to 4.
Throughout the program he demonstrates the methods and sublimal suggestions used to 'program' the people and also analyse them for their suitability, finally each of the remaining 4 are put through a scenario where they have the oppurtunity to hold up a security van. This is done without the knowledge of the others, in controlled conditions with them thinking no-one was witness
Three out the Four held up the van, using a fake firearm they had been given, and even pointed the gun at the crowd of people that rushed in which included the camera crew, Derren, sound guyts, etc while shouting at them.

All these people were respectable people in Management, Accounting etc and had no disreputable background. They thought they were on a charter building course with Derren Brown, within 2 weeks he had them delivering torture (to their knowledge), shoplifting and finally carrying out an armed robbery on the spur of the moment.
Even the guy that didn't do the robbery could be clearly seen on camera fighting with himself, even mouthing 'I'm not going to do it'.

Is it possible to get someone to obey ANY order? Are they hypnotised?
“You have to realise that hypnosis doesn't exist: it just works on people's natural suggestibility, their expectations and capacity to unconsciously role play. You can't make someone do anything they don't want to do. Clearly if a hypnotist could make someone to steal £100k just by telling them to, the world would be a different place, and I suspect that hypnotists wouldn't bother doing shows in pubs or dodgy Spanish holiday resorts. So the challenge of the show is to insiduously massage these people to the point that they will make the decision themselves to hold up an armoured security van and point a gun at the guard, but without ever telling them to do so. Were I to ever suggest the idea, they'd obviously refuse. It has to come from inside them at the right moment. The viewer will follow every aspect of the persuasion process that takes place over 2 weeks: nothing is added or taken away.”

www.magicweek.co.uk...

If Derren Brown can do things like this on his TV show, what can more powerful people do, and what have they done? Are these the methods used to make people carry out suicide bombings?

Keep a look out for terrorists on character building courses.....

[edit on 4-1-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I watched it too.. another classic! I like how he explains to the viewers throughout the show why he's asking them to do certain tasks etc.. and what his intentions are... I think I still prefer the sianse one though

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It's all pretty amazing, but it just shows you what can be done. If he can do that though, imagine what other could do.....

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I watched it too. The guy's so good, he's scary. Like you said AgentSmith, I wonder what people like him could do if they used their talents for evil purposes

flc

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I am very skeptical of Derran Brown. I think he uses hyponosis and stooges and mentalism tricks and I say this, because I've not seen the same results he is shown to produce on TV to be produced with NLP. Moreover there have been whistle blowers on him in the past who have revealed that he uses hypnosis(off screen) and actors.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
I am very skeptical of Derran Brown. I think he uses hyponosis and stooges and mentalism tricks and I say this, because I've not seen the same results he is shown to produce on TV to be produced with NLP. Moreover there have been whistle blowers on him in the past who have revealed that he uses hypnosis(off screen) and actors.

He showed how he used actors in this show to help him with it, and even if he does use hypnosis - it just shows what people can be made to do. So it's still just as scary.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Gonna keep this short as it is very late here and didnt see the show as I dont live in GB anymore but...

Remember that HUGE Darren Brown special where he let someone play russian roulette while pointing a guy at him? He admitted the whole thing was totally fake. I admire Darren Brown big time but lost too much respect for him after that. Sorry I cant give better details as it has been a little while but please give your comments to this episode

Thanks Paul

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I really enjoyed last nights show - it reminded me of the program he did with the advertising company employees: He invited these two guys to a building for an experiment, and provided them with taxis to bring them to the location. Derren planted objects and people along the taxi route that he hoped would later influence the results of the test.

At the location, the two guys were asked to create a poster advert for a company. Derren had already created his own poster beforehand, which he placed in an envelope and left on a table in the room. The two guys ended up creating an almost identical poster featuring many of the things Derren planted on the taxi route. I think Derren plants ideas into the subconcious of his subjects, just as advertisers do when theyre trying to get you to buy their products.

The power of suggestion is massively useful for political and commercial purposes!

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Since DB is now being shown on the SciFi channel in the US, I thought I'd resurrect this thread.

It's clear what he's doing is 'Magic for TV Audiences'.

The methods, like much of stage magic is often very 'cheesy'.

He uses confederates, camera tricks, people responding to things out of context and other trickery.

It really makes 'stage magic' much easier, because you can hide things due to the camera and filming.

The 'false premise' is that he is too 'honest' or forthright to use camera trickery on a TV show about magic, because we all -know- that would be cheating.

Haha! That's what stage magic is all about! Cheating, misdirection, misapprehension.

In the one with the Kung Fu expert, it's clear to me that the guy is a confederate and by dressing him up in the same costume as the other club members, we immediately make the leap he is really an innocent audience member and part of the club. He's not. He's been carefully rehearsed on how to react to the 'no-touch' punch.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
i am a magician myself remember that magic is all about illlusion it s just a show
yes he uses confederates and quite a bit too but remember it s just a show

actually most people are very gullible just look at the their comments after watching DERREN S VIDEOS is DERREN human has he got paranormal gifts ? UNBELIEVABLE

ACTUALLY I CAN DO ALL derrren s tricks no problemo

claudini
france

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Here's some more links. The first one has Derren Brown links and a long explanation of Obama and how he is a master hypnotist and used these techniques to literally hypnotize people into going to vote for him. You gotta read this.

www.pennypresslv.com...'s_Use_of_Hidden_Hypnosis_techniques_in_His_Speeches.pdf

These other links are of all kinds of stage hypnosis and other hypnosis videos. I sat one afternoon, spent the whole afternoon with my mouth hanging open in amazement watching these. Everybody should watch this and learn how vulnerable we are to being manipulated, learn that the mind is a funny thing, and that if we don't exercise our powers of discernment a lot of crazy stuff can get stuck in the nether regions of our minds. I note also the hypnotists had contempt toward their subjects, made utter fools of them and laughed at them while doing it.

Very creepy people, these hypnotists, as a group.

This stuff is used on the television, in advertising, by our politicians, and EVERYBODY needs to be put on notice.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com... (covert hypnosis)

www.youtube.com... (covert hypnosis test)

www.youtube.com... (this one shows the hypnostit will retain power over the subject for decades to come, be able to put them into a sleep trance in an instant, with one word).

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Regarding the other hypnotist videos, I saw one that took place in Germany. Two young women, maybe 21 years of age or younger, went to a Club and the one girl ended up on stage with this hypnotist.

You gotta see these videos. The sight of perhaps 30 people standing slumped over while the hypnotist goes about tapping one or the other to order around to do ridiculous things -- it's amazing. Scary. If they provide chairs for the hypnotist volunteers, they will sit slumped over, completely out of it, until their "Master" calls them.

In the one video the hypnotist took the girl who was in a trance, and turned her into a board. Then he placed her head, her neck resting on a thin plastic chair back and her ankles on another thin plastic chair back. He then, a big six foot tall guy with a beer belly, got up and stood on this girl's stomach while she was frozen with these thin chair backsides boring into her neck and ankles. The girl I would estimate to be perhaps 105 pounds.

You gotta watch these videos. It's not fake. I watched a whole bunch of them. Some of them were of a high school graduation party, and they hired a hypnotist to entertain them, the hypnotist happening to also be a teacher in the school. This creep made those kids do all kinds of embarassing and horrid things.

You just have to watch this. Learn how to keep your mind to yourself, not to give it away to unscrupulous people who will laugh at you and make a fool out of you, maybe hurt you physically.

new topics

top topics

join